Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i am hoping for it. i think the sooner he completely fucks up the sooner we can be rid of him and deal with a qb who has a chance to be successful here in new york.

its blatantly obvious that ok or poor isnt going to get him gone as of last season. i think he will be gone sooner than later but would like sooner much more than later.

i want what i think is the best for the team. and that is for mark to go away as soon as possible.

2. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

There is literally so much either side can say before degenerating into name-calling.

3. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

I don't hate Sanchez. I just don't think he is a very good QB and I want better for my team. What a great article? The game is the perfect example for what Sanchez is. He was terrible all game, costing us points with an interception at the Colts 19 right before the half. Thanks to the running game and defense, we were still in it at the end. After a great return, he throws the ball up and Edwards makes a great play.

Even if you want to pretend that Sanchez was great in that game, it was 2 years ago. I know, I know, the last 2 years wasn't his fault even though his play was not all that much different from the first two years when he was carried by the team. When he sucks this year you fanboys will have a new excuse. Sadly for you guys, he won't be on the team anymore.

4. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Another poster has already correctly handled the Denver game.
    As far as the scores being run up in the other games. Yep that happens when your offense is among the league leaders in 3 and outs and turnovers which consistently puts the defense on the field and often in bad field position. Reminder, Sanchez was among the league leaders in turnovers in 2011, if not the leader, and the Sanchez led offense were 4th from the bottom in the number of 3 and outs on drives at 28.57% of all drives being 3 and out. (source information http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/three-and-out-percentage/2011/) Note the Jets had a higher 3 and out percentage in 2011 than they did in 2012when they were 26.29%.

So yes, defenses tend to give up points when your constantly turning the ball over. In 2011 the jets gave up 119 points off of turnovers, only the Buccaneers gave up more points off of turnovers. Roughly 1/3 of the points the Jets allowed were directly off of turnovers. so yes, when you turn the ball over ALOT and are the near leagues worst in 3 and outs.

Regarding redzone. Sanchez's QBR in the redzone in 2011 was 89.1, that ranks 13th, which is good, it's average. So in the one season that Sanchez reached his career best in one specific small category he was....average...in one single category.

And to address one point, yes the jets defense gave up a lot of points in the losses, but as previously pointed out 1/3 of the points the defense allowed in 2011 were off of short field position or TD returns off of turnovers committed by the offense.
    But, forget about that for just a moment. In the jets losses in 2011 the Jets offense put up 20 points in only 2 of them, in the other 6 losses it ranged from 13-19 points. In the Denver game, which you decided to single out, the offense managed only 13 points all game, one TD....but Yeah it's all the defenses fault.

The defense didn't play great in 2011 But the offense did them absolutely no favors.

5. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

If the Jets are stupid enough to shovel Muck out there this season, I predict his first pass will be intercepted by Revis and the boos will be deafening.

6. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

7. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

8. Hobbes3259

Right. 89.1 in the redzone. Not so food everywhere else. Remind me again where the Jets hired a competent offensive consultant for who? Sanchez? Or his OC?

2nd. In the NFL. With competent coaching. No one says hes going to rurn into Montana,but..the fact is, his best performance came, when he had decent coaching. Thats always been the argument. That variable, is now removed.

And ...lets be honest...the defense, did shit in 8 games. There is no breaking down the Denver game, except the defense had a lead, two minutes left...season on the line, and couldnt close it out.

Just like 6 3rd down conversions in the 12 minute drive they gave up to Matt Moore.

And, for every statistical finish, this defense has been horrid, at closing out third downs.

9. ArmandJ

10. Hobbes3259

Byz. If the arguing is empty, surely you have..,,counterpoints?

And my arguments against Revis?

Arguments?

Singular.

He is a gredy little douchebag that overestimates the value of the position he plays....sorry...but its true, just like it was for Sean Gilbert.

Yeah. Empty.

11. Hobbes3259

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

What is the point of counter pointing an argument that will not be the same when your opponent replies?

Totally empty, Hobbes. Stop changing the argument to suit your strange needs.

We get it. You believe that Sanchez isn't to blame for his own failure. You have made that point with many ridiculous arguments.

But I have read many of them, and not only are you not consistent with your points, but you hide behind sarcasm when you run out of argument, and then latch onto some other argument to keep your buzz going.

You're a smart guy, Hobbes, but those two topics have completely shredded your credibility lately.

13. ArmandJ

FWIW Hobbes, I can see your point of view about Sanchez. In all honesty, the second best scenario would be Sanchez having a renassaiance season to get us to say 10-6. We dangle him as trade bait.

14. 518

518 Member

I have never seen so much banter about one player whether he is a good QB or not. By the mere fact you have to make case after case for him should tell you we need a plan B. If you have a child that shows promise of being a good student but constantly gets in trouble, you can defend him all you want but you probably just have a shitty kid ( I was one of those kids). This thread is sometimes a great read but for the most part people are grasping at strings. He's got this year to prove himself. I'm excited to watch how it all plays out. In the end, I just want a Super Bowl win.

15. Hobbes3259

Not at all.

When I make a mistake, i cop to it.

Revis, Really?

And I never said Sanchez wasnt to blame for his own issues. Thats not the discussion. The fuy has flaws.

The question, it seems to me...is is he the source of the teams problems, and ii dont see it that way.

I see a talented guy,that given decent management, can be an above average or better player, that can get you where you want to go.

Has he had decent management?

16. Hobbes3259

If Sanchez gets to 10-6, hes not trade bait.

He is renegotiated.

I know you prefer the unkown in Geno, but if the Jets finish better than 9-7, and/or make the playoffs, the FO will immediatelybargain Sanchez salary down, for guaranteed money.

Personally. I think the Schedule says 11.

3 of the forst four. One or two they arent supposed to get in the middle. And a big run on the back end.

Barring injury (see 2012).

My opinion, simply is this.

Mornhinweg can get 100 yards worth of QB pkay, that Moore helped coax out of 20, in 2011.

And...i think the defense will finally be good enough to close out opponents. Richardson, imho, will be the last piece of the front line puzzle. I said it immediately after he was picked.

It took a tremendous perfect storm, for this team to lose 10, last year.

This squad, is better than what they have fielded since Rex arrived.

17. 1968jetsfan

Laugh, now your sounding like Junc, the defense did give up that last drive in Denver that's true, but the offense gave the Defense absolutely no room for error, and that's the point. When the defense struggles Sanchez isn't a good enough QB to carry the defense when it's having a bad game. And the defense isn't helped by a team that's among the leagues worst in 3 and outs and among the leagues worst in turnovers. Again, you leave your defense on the field for long periods of time because the offense can't stay on the field and your constantly screwing the defense on field position they're going to give up points. The reality of this can be easily demonstrated by the fact that the Jets allowed the 5th fewest yards in the NFL in 2011 but gave up the 20th fewest points.
    Now combine it all together, 4th or so in 3 and outs, ranks among the league leaders in turnovers, gives up the 5th fewest yards and consider that 1/3 of the points allowed came off of turnovers committed by the offense and you get a team that gives up the 20th most points in the NFL thanks to being on the field for far too long in games and often with their backs against the wall when the other teams offense gets the ball.

A few more points about the offense in 2011, 25th lowest number of drives lasting 5 minutes or more.

Regarding Sanchez's redzone scoring...consider this, in terms of airyards per pass, that is the number of yards the ball traveled in the air to the receiver but does not include yards gained after the catch by the receiver Sanchez averaged 3.4 Air yards, how bad is that? It ranks #37 in 2011 of all the QB's that had enough throws to qualify. Thank about that for a moment, #37, out of 32 teams and 48 QB's that qualified. If you narrow it to just prime starters he ranked 27th out of 32.

now wins and losses are team stats, this is true, but it doesn't take an Einstein to figure out which portion of the team wasn't carrying their load.

18. Lehtonen

Lehtonen New Member

What's Mark's favorite food? Apple Turnover.

Ba Dum Tsh.

19. 1968jetsfan

And yes, you can point out a game here and there where the Jets gave up a drive with 3rd down conversions in 2011, but consider this. The Jets Defense in 2011 had the 3rd best percentage against opponents on 3rd down conversions, at 32.7%.

And regarding the "coaching" being responsible for the spike in TD's from Tom Moore's ghost presence. I'd like to point out that when Moore joined the team in the booth at the last 1/4 of the season the Jets Redzone ability DROPPED and turnovers rose....do you really want to go down that path?

20. gopats88

gopats88 Member

The average team in an average game scored 22.2 points in 2011 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/NFL/scoring.htm). When the Jets scored more than that, they won every time (with one exception when they scored a whopping two points higher and still lost). When the Jets scored less, they lost every game. What is so unusual about that? If they were putting up 35 points and still losing, you might have a good reason to start pointing fingers at the defense. But that isn't the case. Their offensive performances led to nearly the exact results that you would expect based on league-wide data.

#10200 gopats88, Jun 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.