cimini: mornhinweg faces hail mary in saving sanches

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tank75, May 31, 2013.

1. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

1. What does that have to do with anything. McCoy had a year to prepare and acclimate the offense to Tebow.

Schotty had a month, pardon him for not being able to learn the intricacies of the WCO in a month.

They ran a basic offense and used modified versions of the WCO in 08.

2. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

I blame it all on Bush.

3. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

First off, throwing Favre in there, is only half valid, favre is favre...its like when people say, yeah Rodgers was learning behind favre, who learns from Favre? He does things with the ball no one else can....and secondarily, favre called his own shots with the iffense,,,,it was well reported that he refused to use mich of Schottys playbook.

However, one commonality, is each QB performed, better either before, and or after plYing in his system.

Hopefully...Sanchez will get a similar uptick.

PS. 2011 says hello. schotty Runs the offense, Tom Moore is brought in as a "consultant" for the Red Zone offense.

Result.

Total Offense....bottom 5

Red Zone efficiency, 2nd in the league.

Sanchez, 32 scores.

Lots of h8rs try to shade that argument, with Schotty was still the OC, or Moore didnt call the plays....whatever.

Favre tears up the playbook, Jets score. Moore comes in, Jets perform, in the area they brought him in to fix, while not performing in the other 80 yards. How much does it take to see the point.

And...after both Favre, and Moore...Schotty hasnt gotten better.....fcol how do you get Tom Moore, and not get better as an OC.

#23 Hobbes3259, Jun 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  4. Hobbes3259

Well, Bres, Simms etc say hello. But that wasnt my point.

I dislike Steve Young criticizing a young guy, like he wasnt in exzctly the same boat.

Hes a douchebag.

5. Hobbes3259

6. cdz12250

cdz12250 Member

With all respect to you guys.

You should never, never have hired Sparano after we ran him out of Miami. It should have been obvious to your front office from how we had performed during his tenure that he didn't have the intelligence to be an NFL coach at any level.

But you already know that.

7. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

NOW we know.

Of course we should have known better.

8. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I made mention to Mike McCoy for a reason; I specifically remember him saying he had to study college spread offense while analyzing the game past week, so he could install new ones on the fly.

Maybe he had all summer to prepare for [that Schottenheimer didn't have.] Ok. I can give you that. But after that, they are both on the same boat - adjusting on the fly as the season progresses. How did Schottenheimer fare? It got to the point where Favre had to barge in and say "Fuck this bullshit." Does that inspire any shred of confidence about Schottenheimer's ability to custom-tailor the play design to the strength of his players?

[Or why did Pennington have to throw so many quick outs outside the hashmark when his arm strength was just not there? The writing is on the wall.]

9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

parcells called in a solid from tanny. nobody thought he was qualified, just doing what the godfather wished.

10. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

11. Hobbes3259

Well, it may be bleacher report, but there are other examples.

12. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Your entire post is garbage.

Especially the Tom Moore/Schotty "scientific experiment" that you love to bring up. Just because you call that argument getting ripped apart, "haters try to shade the argument" doesn't mean it didn't get ripped apart any less.

Stop trying to turn football into something with a simple answer like one coach only coaching the red zone(didn't happen) and one coach only coaching the rest of the field(didn't happen) and maybe you will get a clue one of these days.

It seems that once a week you come up with some cute little argument that "solves" things once and for all. This Tom Moore thing is one of the worst and even your butt buddy Junc mocked your ass for it.

13. Hobbes3259

Junc, does not share my distaste for schotty.

As for Garbage, your continuous post trolling, has reached a new low.

My post didnt say, one coach one area. I said one coach consulted in a specific area. But hey, dont let the english language get in the way of being an asshole.

Thats why youre a troll.

#33 Hobbes3259, Jun 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  14. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

LOL--hey sometimes facts get in the way of a good argument.

:lol:

_

15. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Yes... Favre, one of the best QB's ever to play the game and a veteran Chad Pennington vs. a rookie. Needless to say, both QB's play escalated one they left the system.

16. Lehtonen

Lehtonen New Member

I would love for Marty to save/salvage Sanchez. Mark is just one of those guys who is really nice and you would love to go to the pub and have a beer with. Unfortunately, he sucks at being an NFL QB and that most likely will not change.

He's never been good, tbh. Even when he had the best RG and a top OLine, he was just 'OK'. Without those things, he's a complete and utter disaster.

17. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

if mark sanchez is the jets game one starter-IF-he will be benched by mid-season

18. BamaDoc

BamaDoc Active Member

If he can make Sanchez serviceable then that stabilizes a critical part of the team. Smith can be brought along at his pace instead of probably forced in to early. Can you imagine the media ripping Smith if he struggles?

It also does not keep you from trying to upgrade the position if indeed competition is the new way. I would much prefer upgrading from decent than from awful.

19. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Yeah the Steve Young comparison is silly. Sanchez's upside at this point is basically Alex Smith (another high pick who was a bum until he got a last-chance deal holding the seat warm for an athletic rookie QB from a western college, sound familiar?). Problem with that is we have Rex and not Harbaugh coaching him up.

20. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

consultant is the key word, additonally the Redzone TD's one season is just an anomoly in stats. nothing more. And I'll point out, as I've pointed out previously, almost all came against defenses that were ranked #20 or worse in TD's allowed.

If I recall that findings correctly only redzone TD came against teams ranked higher than 16th in TD's allowed. So Basicially, nearly all came off bottom feeding defeses.