cimini: mornhinweg faces hail mary in saving sanches

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tank75, May 31, 2013.

1. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...ornhinweg-faces-hail-mary-saving-mark-sanchez

i know i know, im honestly shocked, but he its an actual unbiased article set to inform rather than stir up controversy. hell if anything its meant to incite some confidence in the team next season.

im almost speechless

anyway, this really fucking irked me from the article (in a good way)...

"In practice, the quarterbacks were instructed to use the same cadence, over and over. Eventually, the defense caught on, jumping the snap count, Sanchez said."

thats absolutely dismal. how the hell can an nfl coach think that using the same cadence isnt going to fuck up just about EVERYTHING... how can you run when you can get a jump on the d-line? shit our highschool team even changed the fucing cadence

sparano really was the worst hire. i dont know if the personell issues are what got tanny canned or him pushing sparano...

2. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Jesus, I am so tired of listening to this hack. Meathead is gone, and Dick Cimini needs to be following him.

3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Giving raises to Sanchez and Holmes got him fired..neither were necessary and now put us in the position we are in now.

4. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

One thing Tanny and Co. were really good at was pinning "captain" on peoples chest or telling someone you are a "top 5 receiver" we will pay you like one. What's that you say?? you played Offensive line for 2 games? guest what?? you're now starting RT" oh, you just got out of prison for shooting yourself in the leg, you're #2 receiver. and that bad boy with the DWI who caught a HUGE TD Pass in Divisional playoff game with the clock ticking down right before half against our most heated rival and has actual chemistry with our young starting QB, you are "bad" you don't belong in a Jets uniform.

Oh and our young qb hey, we are going to bring in a 62 year old veteran as your back up for competition. Oh wait, now we are going to bring a 21 year old virgin bible belt hero as your back up for competition.

zero talent, no worries we will just name you starter here and pin Captain on your chest :up:

5. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

/Thread...

6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

What's up, Holmes?

7. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

But it is all Nacho's fault. Eh... Right?

[I've been telling ya all... Nacho is responsible for a lot, but Sparano is still the bigger fuck up. Biggest of all yet is that sack of shit Matt Cavanaugh.]

-------------------------------------------

In fact, I recall writing something in tune of exactly same shit (at least in spirit) during Schottenheimer-run offense.

That is, Schottenheimer had this tendency to sit on the clock, and then call plays with multiple useless motions, only to run up the gut. So what did the defense do? They basically ignored all the motion bullshit. When the last motion ends (with clock remaining less than 5 seconds; you can't call an audible now.) the defense then reveals the real play. The run gets stuffed. Sanchez gets sacked or worse yet, throws a pick.

At least Schottenheimer tried. (Too bad he sucked at it - on top of that he kept trying to get too cute more often than not.) Sparano? If what is written above is true, then well. No fucking wonder Jets offense was such a disaster. Whenever the defensive line can safely guess the snap count and jump, the offense will literally SUCK. (And I once thought that moron could be better than Schottenheimer. How wrong I was. Jesus.)

#7 Zach, May 31, 2013
    Last edited: May 31, 2013
  8. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

i know, he even talks about how hes allowed to slide in the pocket and change the launch point in martys system as opposed to last year...

what the hell were they telling the guy to do out there?

9. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

We both made that error, because Schotty was so fucking awful, it was not conceivable that anyone with a heartbeat cou,d be worse.

But...the haters hate. Without explaining that.

10. Hobbes3259

Trying to repeat this year, eh?

11. Hobbes3259

Once again, Steve Young rears his head. A Guy that was so fucking bad, Tampa Bay, let him go. Talking like he was a Hall of Fame QB from Day 1.

"gee Steve, how were you in Tampa Bay....gee, Steve how many years did you sit, after that, before becoming a starter..."

12. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm not a Scotty Defender, but perhaps you could explain how he had a top 10 offense in 2 of his 3 years before Sanchez arrived if Schotty was that fucking awful? and would have most likely been 3 out of 3 years had Penny not gone down for half a season.

The Schotty defense of Sanchez would seem sound if the offense had performed under Sanchez as it had under Penny and Favre.

13. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

And for every Steve Young there are 50 that never figure the game out. As a pretty consitant rule of thumb if a starter hasn't figured the game out after 4 years of starting they very rarely do aftewards.

14. gopats88

gopats88 Member

You're acting like the fact that he sat behind Joe Montana is a criticism against him???

Steve Young struggled his first two years in the league before being traded to SF. Once he had another chance, he shined.

Sanchez is still struggling going into his fifth year. At this point, he has started more than three times as many games as Young did before the 1991 season when he led the league in quarterback rating. Acting like Sanchez still has the same amount of upside Young did is just silly. Plus, like others have said, the Steve Young path to success is quite obviously the exception, not the rule.

15. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Schottys best Jets offense was the year Favre was here and that offense was ranked 11. His average with the Jets was approximately 19... So what are you talking about?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

16. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Favre basically said "Fuck this bullshit. I run my own show."

================================================

Chad under Schottenheimer:

313/485, 3352 Yards, 17 TD/16 INT, QBR: 82.6
    179/260, 1765 Yards, 10 TD/9 INT, QBR: 86.1

Chad out of Schottenheimer's evil clutch:

1140/1726, 12706 Yards, 75 TD/45 INT, QBR: 90.8

(This includes injury-shortened seasons with sub-par stats. If you take them out, his performance gets much better rating.)

Is that enough for you?

#16 Zach, May 31, 2013
    Last edited: May 31, 2013
  17. The 1985er

So schotty was twiddling his thumbs for the entire 2008 season doing naught?

18. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

In part, yes. Favre specifically said:

1. Fuck this stupid motion shit.
    2. I run the offense from shotgun. Don't even think twice.
    3. I line the WRs up then improvise. Stay out.

------------------------------------------------------

And how incompetent was Schottenheimer? Don't look far. Count the catches Thomas Jones made with Favre.

#18 Zach, Jun 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  19. The 1985er

I highly doubt that Schotty had little to no input on the offense that year. When you have Favre of course he'll get some freedom to do certain things, but Schotty was very much involved don't be ridiculous.

20. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Remember the guy Mike McCoy? That guy is the OC from Broncos. Do you know what he did during Tebow days? He studied the college level spread option offense to get production out of Tebow.

Schottenheimer? He had a seasoned, and highly decorated WCO vet in Favre. Did he study to utilize the experience reserve? I told you to check TJ's reception numbers for that reason.

And Favre came to the Jets with but measly one month remaining along the off-season. Schottenheimer admitted through multiple channels how he couldn't completely install all the offense with Favre. And things that he installed, he had to modify it for Favre's liking. Even with that, he still failed to grasp the idea of WCO.

Is that good enough for you now?