Offseason OTAs & Minicamp thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, May 22, 2013.

1. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing but then saw this:

Conor Orr @ConorTOrr 5m
    Geno ran with the ones earlier this week, Rex said. Both have been flipping. #nyj

I don't know if it's true but it makes sense. Today just happened to be the day the press was there. Thank God! Can you imagine if Geno spent 90% of the day throwing with first team guys? The media would have imploded.

2. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

This whole thing honestly feels competitive.

They really are going to go with the best answer and are testing things out to see who fits best.

This makes me very happy. :)

3. cval

cval Well-Known Member

One things is for certain nobody will win the job in OTAs. There is a long way to go.

4. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

Apparently Smith was playing with the 2nd team line against 1st team defense. If he kills it with the 2s i can see him getting more reps with the 1st team o

5. Lehtonen

Lehtonen New Member

I'm glad both guys had good days. I don't like the idea of Sanchez QBing our team anymore, but I'll support him if he wins the job. In the end, it's all about the jersey.

6. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

No pads, no guys seriously rushing him. That said Not reading too much in to no contact OTA's

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Why would it not be true?

8. 1968jetsfan

I can't wait for more open workouts and the mandatory camps next month.

But what I REALLY want to hear about is what the press isn't talking about.
    the O-line, the UDFA's, etc.

9. That's been my beef thus far as well. With so many positional battles transpiring how can they focus solely on QB? It's ridiculous & not fair to the fans.

Someone did mention on twitter earlier today that Colon & Peterman were the 1st string guards. Additionally Ducasse was 2nd string LT & Shlauderoff was in at LG.

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Hobbes, do you really have no idea why so few people take your football arguments seriously anymore?

In this post quoted above, you simultaneously try to shame me for believing the media (which is hilarious, because I have a well-documented hatred of the Jets' beat corps) while simultaneously quoting a New York Fucking Post article, by Can'o'Lardo, no less, to support your argument.

You're using the same type of argument that the fucking idiot Tebots used to defend Tebow. You are attributing team wins to one player in an attempt to distract from that one player's individual performance.

11. 3lixer.

3lixer. Active Member

Good call. Sanchez is at his best in no huddle. Not sure why we don't do it more often.

12. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Now that's an obstetrical first.......

13. 1968jetsfan

Just for fun, a very very wild guess at a WAY WAY too early prediction of the 53 man opening day roster.
    A Lot of UDFA's on this list currently, not so much because I have high expectations of them but such low expectations of who they are in competition with for roster spots (although there are a couple I'm 90% certain will make the 53 man).
    I went with 6 WR's and 3 TE's, though I could easily see it being 5 WR's and 4 TE's..but in the end went with a template from last years opening 53 man roster with 6 WR's and 3 TE's.

And this is WAY too early to try to predict with any reality, especially since we've had almost no reports on anyone other than the sure thing roster players. But why not go out on a limb ;)

My Way too early prediction on the 53 man roster for week 1.
    Not listed in Depth order.

QB's- Sanchez, McElroy, Smith
    RB's-McKnight, Powell, Goodson, Ivory
    WR's-Holmes, Kerley, Hill, Rogers, M. Davis, Spadola (I think on week 1 they go 6 WR's like last year)
    TE-Cumberland, H. Smith, Shanahan.
    OL-Ferguson, Howard, Mangold, Colon, Peterman, Winters, Ducasse, Aboushi, Popek.
    DL-Wilkerson, Coples, Ellis, Garay, Richardson, Harrison, McDonough
    LB-D. Davis, Harris, Pace, Bellore, Barnes, T. Davis, McIntyer, Mauga, Sapp.
    DB-Cromartie, Wilson, Milliner, Landry, Bush, allen, Miles, Berry, Edwards.
    ST-LS Purdum, K Folk, P Malone

14. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Odd...it didnt sound that way after Snacks grabbed a pick.

15. Hobbes3259

Because Schotty was a douchebag, and Sparano want an OC?

16. Hobbes3259

Byz, thae article contains a few comparative facts.

Ok. Toss that out.

At the end of the day, they brought in a cripple, and passed on theor alleged QB of the future not once but twice.

17. 1968jetsfan

True, interceptions in no pad OTA's are a different matter, your not under pressure, you're not under duress, and your STILL making mental mistakes. So yeah in that case it does make a difference, completion % ETC you'll notice I haven't said much about either QB at this point in OTA's. But if your brain farting and making bad picks in OTA's with No pass rush pressure other than tag your it type, yeah that is a big deal Hobbes.

18. 1968jetsfan

Keep telling yourself that Hobbes, it's 50/50 who will start opening day and about 90% certain Geno will be starting no later than the Bye week.

19. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

and theres like less than 5% Sanchez is kept on as starter next year regardless. Gonna need to be a pro bowler to warrant the team spending 13 million when they could have gained another 8.

The commitment isn't as strong as he'd like to think.

Still happy he's improving though.

20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i'd drop shanahan for tommy bohanon because we will carry a fb
    or go 5 wr if you feel that strong about shanahan
    ellis lankster played well in the slot last year and will make the team probably over berry and I will take jarret over Edwards at safety

way to early to predict but you started this and its better than debating the qb's today