17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

HAHAHA - another reason why I have chump on ignore. His posts were painful to comprehend.

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

1st last I know this is a FOOTBALL group not a ENGLISH class. If you cannot understand me just send me a PM & ask me what I mean

You know you still owe me a reply to the question in the 30 or so years U have been a NYJ STHer have they been a elite or bottom feeding team? :sad:

3. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

227 - what section did they move you to?

My "renter" - who I sit next to every game, is lobbying for the 'pay as you go with no preseason route" he says he doesn't want to go to all the games next year. I didn't pay the bill, and will have my current seats released tomorrow. It's easy for him to say, since the tickets are in my name.

The Jets have offered an upgrade, but even with the upgrade i don't want to eat ANY single tickets anymore and am tired of paying full price for the preseason now that the NFL coaches don't take them even a little serious anymore. Not at these prices, not with this quality stadium and current team. It's easy to talk about walking away, but after 35 years it's tough when it comes down to it. Sorry to have to admit it, but as the years pass I just don't have the large list of people who'd want to go with me that I once did. My best Jets friends and brothers have all moved away.

Anyway, I was curious to compare what they've offered me to what you got. PM me if you'd like.

4. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I haven't been announcing my new section, but will say that I got 4 on the 40 (row 1) and they are on the aisle.

So, I went from 342 Row 16 to adding 339 Row 9, then dropping 342 and 339 for Row 2s in 341 and now this one. This has been a real slugfest and I wouldn't have done it if it had not been for 17a's prodding and this thread.

I'm not a big "pushy" guy... never have been. Was never into calling for upgrades constantly. But they fucked us around so much, it pissed me off. And that was the thing that got me off my ass and started me insisting on upgrades. I had nothing to lose. I was so pissed off I was truly rteady to walk and I guess they knew it and gave in.

The only thing I feel guilty about is they should have done this for all the old timers. And they should have done a better job of taking care of everybody in seniority order, instead of the fuck-around they pulled with holding back seats.

Now they deserve everything they get. Guys are leaving in droves. They were willing to put up with some of the bullshit with a team that was showing P/O hopes, but not with this trash on the field. And Sanchez was the final straw. We are so screwed (for 5 years maybe) with this guy... all the time we've lost again. It was supposed to be over after Chad and here we are with this jackoff.

5. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

while on the subject of walking away.. I know someone that has 2 tickets in section 135 and is walking away from his PSL contract. The Jets removed his seats from his account two weeks ago. No correspondence from the Jets since. It should be interesting to see how things shake out.. stay tuned.

6. Section 227. Row 5

My guess is, the NY Jets will let it go. This guy forfeited his initial deposit and then forfeited any monies paid since then.

The NY Jets are now free to resell this guy's PSL, which they will do. I don't think they can take the hit that the media will bring if they go after Joe Spimoni and his 3 buddies who work at Ferrarro's Bakery.

I can just see the whining and complaining on camera about how much money Joe lost and how the NY Jets are "harrassing" him and threatening with litigation over some "silly" PSL contractual arrangement, even though he has "already given them a ton of money."

So no. I don't see the Jets pursuing this. They'll take their money and run and then resell that PSL and in the end, they'll make more than they would have gotten from Joe Spimoni.

The PSLs were a bad decision for a lot of people. If it was discretionary spending (in other words, "money to burn"), so be it. A lot of guys with small businesses have that "write-off ability" to have the company send in a corporate check as a business expense and not feel it personally. But if it was a guy who works for someone else and was out of pocket for every dime of the PSL without any tax shelter, well, that's a whole different story.

7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

My buddy who has 2 in the end zone,,,,,,has been getting calls and e mails up the ying yang about his seats,,,,,,,as of Thursday they were still his and the jets want to talk to him about " his " seats,,,,,he is gone no turning back but the e mails and calls keep coming will post more about him as I know it .

8. JetsSec337Lot13B

The people who I know that paid their PSLs in full feel differently than those who financed it. The ones who I know paid in full I also knew had more money to spend on something like this and knew what they were getting themselves into. The ones who financed it are the ones who seemed the most pissed and having the most regret.

If you take a $4k mezzanine A PSL which is what most people early in the process who did not want the upper deck tried for you pay I believe $375 a year on the 15 year financing plan. Add to that the $1,250 ticket price and you're paying $1,625 for one seat! We don't even need to get into the per game price. If someone couldn't afford to pay the PSL in full they probably shouldn't have financed one since they probably couldn't afford it. They also probably have the most regret.

I already and starting to wonder if the PSLs I see for sell on ebay are sometimes ones from the Jets they are hoping then can just unload.

9. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

Interesting. That seems to be the complete opposite stance with my friends seats. Maybe the Jets know they can eventually resell his seats easier than your buddies in the end-zone?

10. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

I have gotten no calls or emails yet.

11. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

Were your tickets removed from your account?

12. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

no still there

13. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

seat relocation date and time slots are being emailed now

14. JetsSec337Lot13B

My relocation time is Tuesday the 11th at 4 pm

15. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Mine is the 10th @ 1600 hours :sad:

16. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

If we don't get some receivers, can I use this relocation to give my seats to someone and get my money back. I don't want to hear one word about our QB's sucking with the joke of a WR corps. Are they kidding me with this crap? How bout relocate the team to London. Did anyone read the paper today? I know its only June but this has been going on since last year and no changes.

Remember the No-Name Defense? The Jets are trying No-Name Receivers.

With their four top wide receivers injured, the Jets offense looked brutal in practice yesterday. Church picnics have more weapons than the Jets do right now.

Quarterback Mark Sanchez sometimes looks around the huddle and wonders who these guys are.

“We’ve come up with some funny nicknames for some of them because you don’t even know their names and they’re just in there,” Sanchez said.

Santonio Holmes (foot), Stephen Hill (knee), Jeremy Kerley (heel) and Clyde Gates (hamstring) are all sitting out some or all of the team’s OTAs. That leaves an inexperienced group to catch the passes of Sanchez and Geno Smith in the great quarterback competition.
    AP
    Stephen Hill

The Jets have been snakebitten at wide receiver for the last calendar year. A rash of hamstring injuries hurt the group last spring and into training camp. Then Holmes injured his ribs in camp and suffered a season-ending foot injury in Week 4. Hill spent his rookie year in and out of the lineup with injuries until a knee injury ended his season with three games left.

“Looking back on the whole season, we didn’t have a healthy receiver from the beginning of the offseason to the very last game we played,” Sanchez said. “We never had everybody out on the field that was, on paper, a starter.”

Wide receivers coach Sanjay Lal was hired last year and has had one of the toughest coaching jobs in the building. Last season, he was asked to coach guys signed on Tuesday in games on Sunday. Now he has a group of no names with barely any experience.

“It’s hard in the sense that these reps are invaluable right now, especially with a developing group,” Lal said. “They’ll never get these reps back. It’s very hard in the sense that you could have been coaching these guys to a different level and you never got the opportunity. But the only way to look at it is you’re building some other guy up that maybe wouldn’t have had the quality reps that they’re getting now.

“You just channel your energy into who’s there. Otherwise, you’ll drive yourself crazy thinking, ‘what if?’ ’’

Jets coach Rex Ryan said he expects Hill, Kerley and Gates to be ready for next week’s minicamp. He said Holmes could begin training camp on the Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) list, meaning it could be deep into camp before the Jets see their starting receivers on the field together.

“That’s brutal,” Ryan said of the receiver situation. “If we had to play [this week], obviously there would be major concerns.”

Without the top four receivers, the Jets have only one experienced receiver on the roster. Ben Obomanu, signed last week, has played 66 games in the NFL. Other than Obomanu, only Jordan White (two games) has seen time. At one point yesterday, Joseph Collins, Zach Rogers and Thomas Mayo — with zero games’ experience among them — were the team’s first-team receivers.

The biggest concern at the position has to be Hill, the 22-year-old entering his second season. Both Ryan and Lal said Hill was showing great strides this offseason before his surgically repaired knee swelled in early-May and the trainers sat him down.

“It’s not frustrating,” Hill said. “Just as a competitor you want to get out there and compete.”

Lal said Hill had his worst game last year against the Rams [zero catches]. Hill was limited in practice that week because of an illness.

“Right there we learned that Stephen needs reps at this stage of his career,” Lal said.

For Lal, he is entering his second season with the same problems that plagued his first. He can only hope at some point he has more receivers on the field than in the trainer’s room.

“I would love for the time when we just have our guys and we can build a group,” Lal said.

17. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i actually havent been paying attention to ANYTHING jets related. the knicks playoff run and now my busy june and july schedule will bring me right into training camp.

18. Section 227. Row 5

“We’ve come up with some funny nicknames for some of them because you don’t even know their names and they’re just in there,” Sanchez said.

This guy should talk. The arrogant little prick shouldn't be mocking anybody based on the way he has looked for years. Now he's blaming the WRs he had last year for his shitty passes. What happened the year before, Mark?

Instead of coming up with "funny little nicknames" for somebody else trying to make the team, he should be looking in the mirror and coming up with a few for himself, or maybe trying to figure out why he throws such inconsistent, poorly thrown, panic-stricken, ridiculously innacurate passes.

Just another example of the extreme arrogance and non-chalant Californication attitude of this little prick. Man up, Sanchez. And while you're at it, try to show some leadership, maturity and class even as you continue to stink up the field but good.

In order for him to mock somebody else, he first needs to get the ball out there in the form of a catchable pass, not one thrown at his ankles, 10' over his head or way too late/early. Until then, STFU El Guapo.

19. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I got Monday at 2 pm. I already moved though. Anybody know when the first time slot is?

20. Section 227. Row 5

I received no notification, nor do I expect or deserve one.

All I know is, Section 341 Row 2 (4 seats) was available as of two weeks ago.