NFL.com: MM says Sanchez's accuracy has been sky high

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, May 27, 2013.

1. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

The thing about Sanchez is you get one or two games that make you go okay the kid could have "it". Then you'll get 4 or 5 games that leave you just scratching your head. And I really do belive that it's two things for him.

one, he's not a very accurate passer. whether it's mechanics or what I don't know.
    two, the game has never "slowed down" for him. You can see this in the frantic way he handles things when the play isn't going as designed. The game not slowing down for him causes him to be indecisive and hesitant this results in him often being very late delivering the ball which leaves recievers hung out to dry.

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Interesting, so in the Super Bowl against the Pats, do you mean Eli had seen his receiver make that grab my desperation heave to your helmet catch?

Sports involve improvisation.

3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

It just looks like desperation sometimes.

4. laxin

laxin Active Member

Excellent post.

I hate the typical "Geno played in an air-raid system so he will fail like the rest". Thats the extremely lazy way of looking at it and very ignorant to say the least. He was recruited to play in a prostyle offense so its not like he's the typical recruit for an air-raid system with their typical deficiencies.

He has all the tools to succeed. His college coach said Geno is the best QB he coached at WVU (which includes 1st round pick Brandon Weeden). Who knows though, he could end up as just another air-raid QB, but I doubt it.

Its funny how in the same breath, those who point out all the failures of the typical air-raid QB, can defend Sanchez. Like you pointed out, USC has produced some of the most underwhelming QBs recently.

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I mean it wouldn't shock me if that were true but do you have anything to back that up?
    [​IMG]

6. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Lol the helmet catch play was pure desperation. (not to mention non-calls of holding by nearly every Giants o-lineman)

That SB still angers me and I hate the damn Pats

7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Fuk the Pats.
    That was cosmic.

8. Hobbes3259

I'm sorry...remind me again, exactly how did Joe Paterno describe Blair Thomas?

"the best back I ever coached" ?

9. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

That was the pick where I had finally had enough. Sure, your under pressure, eat the god damn ball. You don't throw late, up the middle, off your back foot with no zip on the ball.

His decision making is down right horrible at times. This pick is not the fault of anyone but him. It should have been a sack and a punt, not that ugly, ugly interception.

Yes, we could use better skill players and yes our pass blocking was not great, but that is no excuse for throws such as this. A fourth year guy should know that this is the type of thing you just don't do, ever.

10. laxin

laxin Active Member

Cool. Your posts contain so much substance.

I dont even know if you have even watched much of Geno Smith to be honest. You said that Geno throws the deep out OOB simply because you read a Mike Mayock quote on one throw that went OOB's at his pro day. I mean really?

Clearly, if you let that influence your opinion on Geno, you havent watched much of him. Why would you though, you have so many Mark Sanchez highlights to watch!

11. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

im a sanchez supporter but geno really has a chance to beat him for the job. im not gonna sit here and deny that the jets drafted a talented kid just becasue i want sanchez to succeed. you are in denial if you think that geno doesnt have the talent and smarts to be a good nfl qb.

12. cval

cval Well-Known Member

There was no excuse for that game or TN. Awful just awful.

13. cval

cval Well-Known Member

No, The point is Geno played in an air-raid system so he will need time to adjust not fail big difference. Let the kid learn so when gets on the field he can play not worry about everything else. Big difference between year 1 and year 2 in the NFL. It takes Qbs five to Seven years to reach their potential it is a tough position give the kid a chance not feed him to the wolfs when we do not need to.

14. Hobbes3259

Yup. And thats part of what makes the hate so irrational. Its like throwing away the tenty dollar bill in your pocket, because you found another on on the sidewalk.

If Mornhinweg gets Sanchez to play well, the jets are set at QB i to the next decade.

If he doesnt, Geno at least gets some time to get his feet wet.....

Somehow, I dont see the logic of fighting to get to .500, because Geno needs to start day one.
    (thats not a prediction, but you see much of "the season is already lost any way....so..." arguments...if Sanchez sucks that bad, then play for 2-14, and draft some talent.

#154 Hobbes3259, May 30, 2013
    Last edited: May 30, 2013
  15. Hobbes3259

Dude, it wasnt one throw, the cutups were from games...AND the combine in shorts and a TShirt, no defense.

Not like its a big deal, I just see no reason to rush the guy along, before finding out what a decent OC gets out of the guy thats here....

16. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

hahaha...there it is!!!

17. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

:eek:hmy:

So doesn't that also apply to...nevermind...

_

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

If the Jets botch another quarterback situation, I'm really gonna have to start watching basketball.