NFL.com: MM says Sanchez's accuracy has been sky high

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, May 27, 2013.

1. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Nailed on breakdown of that play here

How about this one?
    [​IMG]

C'mon Hobbes n Junc defend this one, unbelievable poor ball security

#101 gustoonarmy, May 29, 2013
    Last edited: May 29, 2013
  2. BrooklynJet97

BrooklynJet97 Active Member

The Arizona one is completely indefensible.

But, that shovel-pass to Cumberland was just Mark trying to make a play. If Cumberland doesn't have a case of the "stone hands" then people would be praising Mark for making a play. Well not praising since it wouldn't have resulted in a first, but it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

I cant even see the ball due to the glare. But It looks like Cumberland just had a case of the "stone hands".

3. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Its not a shovel pass, its a .... no idea... fling? Cumberland is less than 10 yards away and he throws it up in the air.
    Best thing to do, run out of bounds or slide. The score is 0 - 0 why is he doing this shit?

4. BrooklynJet97

BrooklynJet97 Active Member

Its difficult to judge due to the glare.

If I remember this was on the first drive of the game too. Im not helping if that is the case, but I will chalk it up to Mark just trying to make a play. If Cumberland makes the play its 4th and 1. Might as well give it a shot.

But like I said, I cant see, but it looks more like Cumberland just muffs it up.

5. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

except Jamarcus Russel won't cost $9 million this season for a team. how in the world can you even attempt to make that argument and ignore how much a team will have to pay Sanchez in addition to whatever the draft pick is?

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It was a stupid decision and a panic move that Sanchez has become prone to make.

But like Brooklyn said, it was a play that could have been made if Cumberland hadn't, instead, volleyed the ball into the air to be intercepted. He was watching Sanchez the entire time. Worst case, he's not ready for a terrible fling and knocks it out of bounds.

Instead, he opted for the worstest case.

No defense of the decision-making, but that pick wasn't all on Sanchez.

#106 abyzmul, May 29, 2013
    Last edited: May 29, 2013
  7. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

That's called panicking with the ball, playing scared.

8. 1968jetsfan

Sorry but no, that shovel pass was bad bad play from the get go, 3 defenders around cumberland, 1 of them between Cumberland and Sanchez, 5 defenders in the vacinity total, only 3 were very close.

That play could work...about 1 time in 100, it's just a bad play and illustrates that Sanchez doesn't grasp that sometimes it's better just to eat the play and fight another day.

9. 1968jetsfan

no but it was a quick flip which is damn hard to react to, and I won't say Sanchez is 100% at fault, but that's a play any QB worth his grain doesn't make...too many bad things come of that sort of thing when the tight end is most likely thinking the QB is running out of bounds and if the QB breaks he needs to block. I think the last thing Cumberland was expecting at that point was a quick body flip toss just before Sanchez went out of bounds.

10. abyzmul

It's a split second decision. Tight ends are trained to work a field surrounded by defensemen, and deal with these decisions. He panicked as much as Sanchez did.

Sanchez fucked up. Sometimes you just have to knock the ball away.

It's not all on Sanchez in that play. But Sanchez still sucks.

11. 1968jetsfan

Didn't say it was all on Sanchez, but it's a throw that never should have been made. It wasn't going to get a first down, all of the TE's momentum was going to the sideline and no way to change direction with 2 defenders on him. The toss was a panic move with no upside and only downside.

These are the types of decisions that can cost ballgames. The time to make that flip, if he was going to make it at all, was about 2 seconds earlier, and even then it would still have been ill advised, but at least then it would have had a remote chance of becoming a first down.

But again, Sanchez panicks and makes a late decision. That's a play you have to just eat the play and go on.

12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Didn't Peyton have a similar play along the sideline...except he flipped it underhand lefty?

His worked though.

13. abyzmul

No disagreement there.

14. 1968jetsfan

Not a matter of result, it's a bad play regardless of who throws it. The difference is Peyton is good enough to get away with an occasional bad decision even when it goes wrong becaue he's got the talent to compensate for mistakes later in games.

You can find occasional bad decisions by elite QB's, but that's just it they're occasional. With Sanchez it's frequent.

15. abyzmul

Why don't you focus on bad games for Sanchez, then? There are plenty to choose from.

In this case, Sanchez made a bad decision early in a game, and then bounced back by throwing three touchdowns in a 48-28 rout of Buffalo.

It seems more like this play is a good example of him recovering from a bad early decision than a great example of his bad decision making.

16. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Deal, you can have 50 of my Virtual Vegas cash, but you have to admit Sanchez sucks if you are wrong.

17. abyzmul

Not sure exactly what you mean, but I am of the opinion that if the CS shortens the QB competition in order to avoid a media situation, and forces Geno to take second team snaps, then we will be stunted as an organization in the sense of true competition, in developing Smith, and if Smith is ultimately not the answer, in finding a better answer in the next draft.

The Jets always pick the wrong year to find a QB. They need to find out this year if they found the right one.

I'd be more than happy to see Sanchez released to find that out.

18. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

My point is basically Sanchez is taking valuable snaps from Geno who's the future and needs as much grooming as we can offer

Sanchez is dead weight taking up tons of space in the organization

They didn't even split 1st team reps so far

Geno vs the 2nd team is doing him no good throwing behind the 2nd team line isn't making him better

I hate QB competitions between a has been and potential stud

This has Rex written all over it

It's not like Brees vs Rivers, Favre vs Rodgers, Smith vs Kapernick where each was capable

The Jets need to groom Geno not try and fix Sanchez

19. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

for the purpose of discussion, lets just say it was a bad play.

The ball actually hits cumberland on the shoulder, and deflects in the air.

But Powell is completely out of the play on the fake handoff to the roght and the designed roll out to the left.

Let me ask one question...

How sid that game turn out?

20. 1968jetsfan

Doesn't matter how that particular game played out in the end. The point is that at that time the end is unknown and if such bad decisions were isolated to just a few instances it wouldn't be a bad thing. But Sanchez makes those bad plays very often.

Sanchez and his turnovers and bad decisions have cost this team more wins over the last 4 seasons than his arm or play have won for them.