Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laxin

laxin Active Member

Cmon junc, are you really going to argue that the offense was better with Smith? And you do realize Kaepernicks' W-L includes the postseason... where teams are good. Kaepernick is a weapon, Smith is a game manager. Gores run totals reflect that way because teams clearly had to have 8 and 9 players in the box to account for Kaepernicks legs, which will obviously slow down your run game a little bit, but their passing game flourished even more.

2. laxin

laxin Active Member

Yes, but its clear to anyone that watched college football that Geno Smith was asked to do as much from the QB position as possible in college football. He had no help from the defense at all and had to put up over 40 points a game in order to walk out with a shot at a win. The fact that he was only picked off 6 times is telling on the amount of mistakes he made...

3. BrucekilledBoomer

BrucekilledBoomer Active Member

I don't see how you can eliminate Brad Smith's attempts when they led to 299 rushing yards and include guys like Snelling and Issac Redman, who both rushed for fewer yards. You're just pretending Smith's yards don't exist.

#9423 BrucekilledBoomer, May 24, 2013
    Last edited: May 24, 2013
  4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I didn't argue anything, I just presented evidence. It was said how much better SFs O was and how much more room Gore had. I simply posted evidence.

He's a trick play guy, that's not helping a pass O and 60 of those yds came in that meaningless week 17 game vs. Buf. he had one really good game, on Thanksgiving vs. Cincy. Outside of that he wasn't much of a factor that whole year.

We also must not forget he barely played in postseason including not getting a single carry(he didn't even dress for that game) in our biggest win of the year at NE in the div rd.

5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

The only laughs are the ones that come from watching you contort,

I never said ALL of Sanchez problems, were bc of Schotty.

Sanchez fumbling problems are his own.

The organization has given him shit talent, and next to zero continuity.
    Take Miami...they drafted FannyHill, and this year tried to put pieces in place for him to succeed.

Depsite that. Sanchez put up borderline acceptable numbers in 2011. 5 less picks, a coupke more completions, we arent having this discussion.

But... At the end of the day...the Jets QB with the most pkayoff wins, has ONE...ONE losing season, and everyone turns on the guy.

One of the most common phrases..,,

"we know he hasnt gotten any help....BUT...."

Pathetic.

6. Hobbes3259

Oh, Im sorry....did you just say we should weight opinion on favor of Playoff wins, because the opponents are good?

Curious.....i guess thats only of the QBs name isnt Sanchez.

Guess we can file that under, if the Jets won, its the team, if the lose its el nacho loco.

7. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I think Kap and the Pistol caught DC off guard similar to the WC a few years back. Kap is still a huge question mark in my mind. He has a big arm but very rarely goes through his progression and does not throw receivers open but relies on his big arm. Now that his number one is hurt a receiver that he targeted more than all his other receivers combined is out we will see what happens. Kap can run I will give him that.

By the criteria here used to judge Sanchez Kap was the reason they lost the Superbowl.

8. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Kaepernick looks like he was a non-call away from hitting his WR in the mitts for the SB-winning TD. And I was rooting for the AFC entry Ravens.
    [youtube]RYQtXEY2hy4[/youtube]

9. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong, If mark wins the QB battle I hope to hell he proves me wrong, I have nothing against the guy. But honestly I dont' see it happening. I said before the 2012 season that this was Sanchez's make or break year, I cut him a lot of slack for the sloppy play in his rookie year (as I do with most all rookies), his second year I graded him harder. I saw both good and bad signs from him in 2011, at times he looked briliant, but he still looked like a rookie far more often than a 3rd year starting QB should look at that point.

But the fact is while Sanchez seems like a decent guy and has decent to good all around physical talent, when it comes to game time the guy too often has a 10 cent head.

Interceptions are a perfect example, if the plays not there you either throw it away or run the ball for whatever you can get. You don't just throw it for the sake of throwing it. I could live with a 56% completion rate from a game manager who doesn't turn the ball over much, but in 4 seasons he's had exactly one season with less than 18 interceptions and exactly one season that wasn't double digit in fumbles (9). And I honestly believe it's because the game has never slowed down for mark. It's just a thing some guys have and some guys don't.

The only reason there are still Sanchez supporters in New York is he's shown on occasion what he "could" be, but far more frequently he's shown what he is. Does he have the capability of being better? Sure he does. But the long history of the NFL shows that starting QB's who put it together after their 4th season starting is a very very very small list.

10. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

I must have misinterpreted this post:

The funny thing is, you were right! It is easy to see where the fault lies when you look at Schottenheimer's performance with other QBs. :rofl2: His passing O was ranked higher every year but 1 when Pennington was injured for half the season and even then Mark's best ranking was only 4 spots higher than that.

11. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

his defense got a stop to give him a chance to win it, same thing the game before in Atl. Our D couldn't do the same in Pitt.

by the way, mark was technically a call away, if they rule that fumble an incomplete pass(which they easily could have and probably should have) then that takes a TD away from Pitt and we lost by 5. Would the rest of the game have gone the same? maybe not but if you saw keep was a call away so was Sanchez.

12. Hobbes3259

Drew Brees.
    Steve young.
    Phil Simms.
    Eli Manning.
    Joe Theismann.
    Terry Bradshaw.
    Vinny Testaverde.

Thats without really looking at it.

Hmmmmmm...and thats in 60 seconds.

13. laxin

laxin Active Member

Are you really trying to compare Sanchez's play in the playoff's vs Kaepernicks?

Sanchez 4-2
    Avg per game: 192 pass yards, Rating: 87, 9 TDs, 3 Ints

Avg points- 20
    Avg defensive rank- 14

Kaepernick 2-1
    Avg per game: 266 pass yards, Rating: 103.5, 4 TDs, 2 Ints, 88 rush yards per game with 3 total TDs.

Avg Points- 35
    Avg defensive rank- 17

If you watched every game of each QB play and even looking at the numbers, its pretty clear that the 2 arent very comparable. Mark was a good game manager (like Alex Smith), while Kaepernick was great and a serious weapon during the playoffs. Since then Sanchez has not even been an effective game manager.

14. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

Kap's call came at the end of the game. Mark's call came before half time. Even if they ruled it an incomplete pass instead of a fumble, and the game played out the same way, Pitt was in easy FG range when they kneeled to end the game. If they were down 2 points, they kick a FG and win it.

15. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Definitively not a call but what about his interception and overthrow to Randy Moss?

#9435 cval, May 24, 2013
    Last edited: May 24, 2013
  16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

GASP - What if Sanchez doesn't actually fumble that football?

Or puts up more than a goose-egg in the first half?

17. Hobbes3259

Again you deflect. With those other QBs. Where did schottys o finish?

18. laxin

laxin Active Member

In Kaepernicks first few games, I saw him make more "WOW" throws than Sanchez has in his entire career... He arguable is the most talented player in the NFL. Its scary to think about. His arm talent is absolutely amazing, he has the legs or RG3 but seems a whole lot more durable. Time will tell I suppose, but I think his future is pointing straight up.

19. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Laugh, Junc your arguments always try to tunnelvision and misdirect.

in 2010 the Jets had exactly 1 game where they rushed for fewer than 100 yards. one.

The running game 5 times in the regular season produced more yardage than the passing game.
    The running game had two games that it produced within 25 yards of the passing game, that's 7 games in the season where the running game provided nearly as much or more than the passing game. Hint Junc, that's about half the season and they are the ONLY team where the running game outproduced the passing game more than 2 times outside of Minnesota.
    The running game had 2 games that produced over 270 yards that season, the passing game only had 3 games that produced at least 270 yards.

The defense you love to malign so badly only gave up 300 yards in a game 8 times, they held their opponent under 200 total yards twice and under 250 total yards. The defense you love to malign only gave up 350 yards 3 times all season.

Meanwhile the defense you love to malign so much took the ball away from the other team 30 times helping bail Sanchez out of his turnovers and often giving him good field position to work from.

But yeah, whatever Junc.

Sanchez, #1 in inteceptions over the last 4 seasons, #1 in fumbles over the last 4 seasons, and bottom of the barrel in "fantasy stats"

Btw junc, If interceptions are punts, what are fumbles? charity gifts to give the other team a sporting chance?

20. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Double Standard his biggest weapon is his legs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.