Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

An offensive ranking is going to vary based on how good or bad other offenses are. How does an offensive ranking prove that the OC is the reason for all of Mark's problems?

Why isn't the question who has been better under Schottenheimer? If other QBs have done much better under the same system, doesn't that point to the QB bearing the blame for his own problems?

Just becasue the D and running game were the main reasons we won doesn't mean that we should expect the D to hold opponents under 10 points and excuse the O when they only score 13 points and gives the D 7 points with a pick 6. That is not reasonable. When that happens, I'm placing the majority of the blame on the inept O who only scored 13 while giving up 7, not the D who held the opponent to 10 points.

#9281 Testaverde, May 23, 2013
    Last edited: May 23, 2013
  2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

He's got me spreading the truth

3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Yo junc

Believe me when I say this. Sanchez's own father doesn't have that much trust in his son. Stop it bro. Sanchez is a terrible terrible QB.

4. nyjunc

This is my biggest issue in all of these debates. If people would actually read my posts they'd understand I don't think he's great or even guaranteed to be good again. I have said over and over that he may never succeed here again but I am not willing to throw him out just yet especially when we owe him so much money. he deserves a chance to win his job back, I am not asking for him to be handed the job. I KNOW we can win w/ him, we just need to surround him w/ the right talent.

5. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

Then help him out. Show me something that proves that he had a significant injury. All you can post is articles with a player's opinion or a coach's opinion calling the injury a stinger which he then says he shouldn't have done.

It is one thing to make excuses and then back them up with proof of a serious injury and another thing to make excuses for something that you have no idea about.

6. nyjunc

He was clearly affected by the injury, do you want me to tweet MRIs/x-rays like Favre? he didn't use it as an excuse, he played through it. Favre always needed his excuses when he failed late in seasons.

Brett Favre made a career out of being known as the tough guy playing through pain, you can't have that and then use playing w/ an injury as an excuse. Brady was in a walking boot the week before SB XLII, does he use that as an excuse why he failed?

7. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

If you want to compare his injury to Favre's and put both on the same level, then I expect you show me something that backs up your claim. There is a reason that you are incapable of doing so.

8. laxin

laxin Active Member

With a Rex Ryan defense and some solid talent on O, we could win with just about anyone in this league, thats the thing. Im not sure what your definition of "win" is, so Im going to infer that it means have success in the regular season, make it to the postseason and have a shot at making a run.

With a top 5 defense and a good run game/OL, like Sanchez has had for most of his career, we could "win" with 80% of the starting QBs in this league. Sanchez has never been great, and there's a 99% chance he never will be. Unless you have a top 10 QB, you arent a true contender. We've learned that. No matter how good your defense is and your run game is, your QB is going to have to be at the very least average if you want to be a contender year in and year out. Just look at the Ravens this year- Flacco played like a top 10 QB in the latter half of the season, they had good defense and ST's play and were able to make a run.

Personally, nothing Sanchez has done has proven to me that he can be a top 10 QB consistently. He's done it for games here and there, and even put a few games together where he looked like a top 10 guy. But never has he proven that he can put an entire season together (understandably with some downs), cut out the massive turnovers and be a plus player for the team.

The organization owes him nothing, especially Idzik. The only tie he has to Sanchez is that large check he is collecting. If it wasnt for that, I have a very hard time believing that Sanchez is still on the roster.

I have no problem with him "competing" being that he's one of our few options at this point, but I highly doubt that he can become a good player, sadly.

9. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Better be careful, laxin. Hobbes will accuse you of washing Geno's balls.

10. nyjunc

they both played, right? they are both judge on how the played.

There are much better QBs w/ MUCH more talent who struggle to win in the reg season and January. The "great" Eli manning has missed the playoffs 3 of the last 4 years. His brother has been one and done an astounding # of times, havew you seen Matt Ryan in January? Matt Schaub? Philip Rivers? Tony Romo. To pretend like we win big w/ any QB is ludicrous.

Our Ds were top 5in ranking only, true top 5 Ds don't routiniely blow late game leads

our main RB from the great '09 rushing year was awful in postseason, our run game in 2010 was up and down. After a great start by LT the run game was mediocre at best the rest of the reg season. he saved the run game w/ numerous late game comebacks through the air.

11. nyjunc

I just want to win, if geno gives us the best chance I will support him. Until he gives me a reason to I will support Sanchez.

12. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

thats post 246...

13. nyjunc

what does that have to do w/ his injury in 2011?

we all know he was awful in 2012, what those stats don't measure are the weapons he had to throw to. There's more to it than black and white stats.

14. laxin

laxin Active Member

Eli has missed the playoffs, but he also won 2 SBs... Im not saying that we "win big" with 80% of the QBs in the league. I was saying that we can make the playoffs with 80% of the starting QBs in the league with a Rex Ryan defense and quality talent on O. Once you're in the playoffs, anything can happen. The Giants or the Ravens werent the most talented teams when they won, but they got hot (and very luck at times), and came out with a Ring.

Our D was top 5 on film. Every defense gives up plays here and there and can blow a lead. I will say that it is also on the offense to help the defense out and put points on the board, because that is there job. In all of those games that Sanchez led heroic comebacks, the defense allowed the offense to be in that position to do so. The defense kept the offense in games... Not trying to take anything away from Sanchez, because those were some great memorable comebacks, but just saying that the defense also deserves some credit.

I think thats completely fair. I can respect that certainly. You are definitely reasonable and care more about the team, than a single player [unlike Hobbes].

15. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

They both played like crap towards the end of the season.
    One has proof of a significant injury that would affect anyone, and the other doesn't. One went on to have an outstanding season the next year when healthy. The other was best know for a buttfumble the next season.

Show me proof of something and I will determine for myself if I think it is just an excuse, or a legitimate reason for poor play. You have nothing other than your own opinion, which means very little to me.

16. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

favre was of course not clearly affected.

i mean he just needed surgery and all... its fucking painful the way you twist and turn everything.

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Wait..if WE ALL KNOW he was terrible last year then why on earth would you be supporting him? You should be the first to drive him out of town. The Jets know.

18. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

Junc meant 9,246 but it is actually 9,247 where he posted a link where Plaxico says Sanchez was hampered with shoulder injuries in 2011. There is nothing but speculation on the type of injury Mark had in 2011. See post 9,275.

19. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Stop dissembling, or troll ,something else.

The question osmand remains, when, Favre excepted, over a cadre of starting QBs, has Schottenheimer produced a decent offense. Even worh Favre they only managed 16,

Thats not saying Sanchez is flawless, but...if you are driving in the indy 500, and they put you in the Hyundai...l

20. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Anonymous Jet says Mark is losing the locker room. Per NFL.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.