Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Sanchez has been beat up a fair amount as a Jet. He had a knee issue his first year that carried over from USC and got aggravated in mid-season causing him to wear a brace. He's probably had a couple of concussions along the way and at least one major stinger.

One of the problems with being a marginal player is that you'll never admit to an injury that might take you off the field because you're worried about what the guy who replaces you might do.

The last one that comes to mind for me is when Timmons (I think) went helmet to helmet on him early in the 2nd quarter against the Steelers last year. Promising start to the season by Sanchez went away and never came back. He's definitely gunshy at this point but I'm pretty sure that click made him go tweet tweet for awhile also.

2. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Are calling sanchez a marginal player???

how dare u......LOL

3. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

the jets got completely emasculated that day. i was embarrassed to be a fan that day.
    ugh, bad memory.

4. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

So Sanchez has done all these good things in spite of Shotty but every bad thing he does is becasue of Shotty? Got it! :lol: Favre, Bradford, and Pennington performed better under Shotty than Sanchez has. If it is all Shotty, then all of those other QBs should have played as bad as Sanchez has and that is not the case.

Maybe you will listen to the other SuperFan?

5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Sound football thinking there.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

as long as he doesn't listen to you and your fellow average fans. I bet you paint your face when you go to a game, am I right?

7. Hobbes3259

Jun. and I disagree on Schottenheimer, however using the fact that he and I disagree, so you can continue trolling your "Sanchez just sucks, damn the facts...full speed ahead" argument, without addressing the context sanchez is operting in...in fact, going back to troll Juncs reponse to me, rather than offering a counter view.,,is borderline trolling.

This is not a fishing boat.,its a discussion thread.

You may disagree with me...and Junc..but at least we make arguments.

We dont troll.

P.s. no they didnt. sanchez went to Afccgs. favre didnt get there, neither did Penny..,

Favre probably put up more than 32 scores...im not fact checking.

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Take it from me Testaverde, it's easier to become "enlightened" than it is trying to pin down the "above average".

Que sera sera...

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Ask Johnson if he cares about sound football thinking or ticket receipts, tell him it's off the record, and see what he says..then ask Idzik when he has 50 million dollars to spend next year and none of the good free agents want to come into a circus environment what he thinks

10. Hobbes3259

This thread would be more congenial if some of you could manage moderately observant.

11. nyjunc

Players go where the money is, did you see the biggest FA go to Buffalo last year? did you see the biggest FA go to Miami this year? 2 franchises that have won a combined 1 playoff game this century. Players go where the money is.

12. Don

Only if there is only one team making an offer otherwise they go where they think they will be comfortable and NY in a media storm won't be that place.

13. nyjunc

the circus thing is a perception, we aren't that far from being able to compete for postseasons again. If players are afraid to play here b/c of whiny media and fans then who cares? we'll find good players that want to be here.

14. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

You seem to respect Junc's opinion on most everything, so I wanted to show you a response to your argument that came from the SuperFan himself. Are you saying that Junc's argument is not dealing with facts? If you can't be convinced by your hero, then why should I waste time showing you the true facts.

Your 2nd to last line says it all. Crediting Sanchez for the 2 AFCC Champ games while in the same breath bashing the OC during that same time and blaming all of Mark's problem on him. :lol: Did Pennington, or Favre ever have the #1 ranked rushing offense and #1 ranked D?

We are not talking about bumps and bruises. We are talking about significant injuries like a torn biceps and partially torn rotator cuff. I can and have provided you proof of those injuries. The only thing you posted was a link where Plaxico said after the season that Sanchez was hampered by shoulder injuries in 2011. Plax is not a doctor, and his word isn't proof of anything.

There were rumors that Sanchez was dealing with a stinger / pinched nerve in his neck / shoulder, and that is probably what Plaxico is talking about but there is no proof of a significant injury like there is with Favre.

If you take Plaxico's word as proof of a significant injury then what Sanchez said about the injury kind of blows your argument away.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...ts-qb-mark-sanchez-says-neck-just-little-sore
    He never missed any practice time and by all accounts didn't look any different in practice.

:) I'm trying, but I just don't think I will ever get there.

#9274 Testaverde, May 23, 2013
    Last edited: May 23, 2013
  15. Hobbes3259

Dont because you cant. You dont deal in that coin.

The question wasnt who was better under Schotty..the question was Favre excepted....when did a Schottenheimer offense crack the top 20?

and since you seemed to lay the successes of 2009 and 2010 on the alleged number one defense, then that makes Juns argument, that it was the defenses job to carry the day.

Now you are talking out of both sides. of your mourh.

As I said. i could care less what you choose to present, but this style of posting has a name. Trollling.

16. nyjunc

They played so no excuses but since you are allowing Favre excuses:

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2011/12/jets_qb_mark_sanchez_says_neck.html

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsb..._surgery_NTfNqsfT8mxCcC77GyWc7N#axzz2U9HU6vcd

If you don't think the injury affected him you weren't watching the Jets late in 2011. AGAIN, that doesn't excuse his poor play. He played and is judge on that just like when Favre sabotaged our season.

17. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

Both played, but only one has proof that he played with a significant injury. Again, your links provide no proof. They say he had a sore neck, which is rumored to be a stinger. This is from your link as well:

Sanchez played much better in 2010 and he says that he felt much better in 2011. How can I blame his poor play on an injury when we have no idea how what the injury was or how serious it was. All accounts say he was fine.

That is a lot different than Favre having a torn biceps and being limited in practice and saying that it affected his play. I 100% believe that a torn biceps and partially torn rotator cuff affected Favre, and he said it did. I don't have to speculate when I hear it from the players mouth. I don't think the Mark's injury caused him to play poorly and there is no proof of a significant injury. We are talking about soreness. He said he felt great and didn't miss any practice time and there were no signs in practice that the so called stinger affected him.

18. nyjunc

Sanchez isn't an excuse maker like Favre.

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

He's got you to do that job for him

20. Don

Hey, I don't disagree with that at all and the whole circus shit that was started by the Post or News (I forget which) last year was totally out of line. The point is if they keep it up people start believing it and while everybody here is a long time fan there are plenty of people who go to games that aren't and it becomes embarassing to them to be associated with a team that everybody is laughing at.

#9280 Don, May 23, 2013
    Last edited: May 23, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.