Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Now there is the revisionist history. We would have won 12-14 games if our QB was good.... What?!?!

2. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

You misread what I wrote. They had 1 TO and if Sanchez took a sack with 1:23 left it's either TO and ball with 1:15 and 0 TO left or no TO and ball with 40 seconds left and 1 TO. You can't stop the clock and keep the TO on a sack.

Did that say NYJ? I thought I read Pitt. Fair enough, then he avaraged 34.5 yards per punt which still puts Pitt on their side of the field with 0 timeouts and he boomed a 53 yarder that game. Wildcard.

Lifeless is not equal to giving up. Maybe they looked lifeless to you, they looked like a team that didn't have an offensive plan for Miami and played poorly.

You said 99% of my examples and we are talking subjective what crushing is, so there is no debunking. 50% of my examples were before the year 2012, so yeah your calculator is broken. Even if you throw out my 3 working examples because you don't feel like discussing them, that's still 4/5 in the year 2012 for you which is 80%. Hell of a rounding job rounding 80 up to 99.

And why if Sanchez is a rookie or not affects if a TO is crushing. A 99 yard INT returned for a TD is crushing. Later that quarter to then fumble in your endzone for 7 more points for the other team, definitely crushing. We aren't tlaking about defense, offense, if the team looked alive. We are talking crushing.

If we miss in NE, granted Folk made a FG from that same yardline later that quarter. The cleveland INT was on 3rd down, the NE INT on 2nd down. A good punt doesn't lose a down, so it wasn't like a good punt.

Regular season wins can lead to HF advantage, byes, and most importantly playoffs. More wins the better. I don't see the downside of byes or HF advantage

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I am going by if they called it an incomplete pass like it could have/should have been.

I think the 53 yarder was mishandled, I don't think it was a great kick but I could be wrong.

99% could be a slight exaggeration.

I'm with you on the NE/Cle scenarios. I just don't think that INT was a killer looking back though it was very frustrating at the time.

Den had HF last year, how did that work out? both road teams won conf titles last year, 2 years ago NYG won 2 road games, 3 years ago GB won 3 road games. HF is nice but it isn't as big as it once was and we still would have to beat NE out, we would have had to win 14-15 games in 2011 to get homefield- I don't think that is realistic.

4. displacedfan

We held teams to:

15 in 2009.

I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say 2009 Matt Schaubb, Tony Romo, or Kurt Warner gets us 11-12 wins in 2009. Specifically thinking the NO game where Sanchez handed NO 14 points, the BUF game with 5 picks, and the ATL game. Those are 3 wins I think a non rookie QB who can protect the ball add to our 9-7 record. Throw in the fact that Sanchez didn't start playing great in games unitl 2010, I think 11-12 is achievable.

I don't think 14 is achievable unless you put a healthy Peyton, Brady, Brees, or Rodgers on that 2009 team. 14 is just too much even with a stacked team like we had in 2009

EDIT: 2010 is a different story. I think Mark Sanchez was much more vital to the 2010 Jets success than he was to 2009 Jets success. He deserves credit for playing well and helping the Jets in 2009, but I think his 2010 play was much more beneficial to the team and he impacted more game psotively than he did in 2009

5. nyjunc

Great so we get Matt Schaub or Romo and win 12(something those 2 have done once each despite playing w/ MUCH more talent by the way) then we lost in our 1st playoff game b/c those guys can't play under playoff pressure. Is this what we would prefer?

Keep in mind, we had to win 3 more games to win the division as NE would have won in week 17 if they needed to. 3 more games is A LOT.

The Bug and NO games are the 2 big examples. Atl the D blew late, regardless that we only put up 7 pts(on a very windy day) the D had the game in their hands and blew it. Even if he doesn't throw those INts in NO how do we know we would win? NO was the best team in the league that year. Really only the Buf loss we could say for sure we win w/ better QB play.

we also lost the Jax and Atl games late b/c of the D and lost the Mia game b/c of the D so if the D doesn't blow 3 late leads we are 12-4.

we weren't stacked in 2009, we had a good team.

6. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Be fair, he had a torn bicep

7. nyjunc

did he play? do we use the injury excuse for Sanchez at the end of 2011? we didn't lose b/c of any favre injury, we lost b/c he made awful decisions like he had most of the year.

8. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

8-3 before the injury

9. displacedfan

Oh I'm going by taking a sack or even running the ball.

I don't remember, I hate watching that game. I don't think it was mishanlded, it would come up as a fumble in the game long I believe.

Pretty big exaggeration.

That's where our thought processes differ. I think it was a terrible decision and what happens after doesn't change that. I would be more inclined with your thinking if it's 3rd down. The thing that gets me is that RB wide open with daylight in front of him. Man...

So there are exceptions. I can pick a two game sample size from last playoffs that show home teams going 2-0. (GB is a bad example, it's misleading because CHI's starting QB got hurt then pulled their 2nd string QB and played their 3rd string QB for the 4th Q) The home team has won 67% of the time in the playoffs for partway through 2012 playoffs from here :http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/superstudy-home-field-advantage-playoffs/13014/

It helps more than it hurts.

In 2009 we needed 2 more wins to take over NE. One more win directly against NE to win the division title.

In 2010 we needed 3 more wins but were right there at 9-2 vs NE. A win on the MNF game and we go 10-2 and have the tiebreaker vs NE.

10. nyjunc

we were 8-5 pre sanchez injury too.

we don't know exactly when he suffered the injury, and there wasn't a huge difference in his throws pre and post injury excuse. we played an incredibly weak sched which was the biggest factor in going 8-3, he played awful down the stretch and poor most of the year b/c he didn't want to be here.

11. nyjunc

conf champ games:

2012: 2 road teams win
    2011: 1
    2010: 1
    2009: 0
    2008: 0
    2007: 1
    2006: 0
    2005: 1
    2004: 0
    2003: 1
    2002: 1
    2001: 1
    2000: 1

since 2000 at least 1 road team has won a conf title game in 9 of 13 seasons.

12. displacedfan

I say we win 11-12 games, you take 12.

I don't mention winning the AFC East, you bring it up for some reason.

I think the QBs I mentioned could muster more than 10 points against NO if you take away the 2 TO. That's two wins to bring us to 11. I think a better QB could lead us to more than 7 points against ATL, that's another win. Add in the side effects of Warner and Romo throwing for more TDs than Sanchez and less TOs 11 is definitely within reach.

Well yes so if our defense played lights out for all 16 games we would have won more. The NFL doesn't work like that. YOu have to lean on other units when the defense has an off drive or game. We had no leaning in 2009. Put a better/healthy QB than Sanhcez ( which there were quite a number in 2009) 11 wins is easily attainable.

That's why 2010 is different in my opinion. Sanchez did much more to positively impact the offense and the team. In 2009 most of his bigger impacts were negative so more easily replaceable.

14 is out of reach in my opinion with a Warner/Romo/Schaubb. A healthy Brady, Peyton, Brees, or Rodgers yes. But they aren't just good QBs, they are the 4 best in the league right now

13. displacedfan

So the home team has a better record :breakdance:

Thanks for helping

14. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

You admit that we didn't have a competent offense but you still want to put the majority of the blame on the D?

At Den, our O only put up 13 points and gave 7 points to the D. They allowed one drive at a crucial point in the game, but you have to look at the offensive failures the whole game. It is unreasonable to expect to win a game when your O only scores 13 and gives up 7. You can look at 1 drive, but I look at the pick 6 and only scoring 13 points. We even had the ball up 3 points with 7:00 left in the game at midfield and the O goes 3 and out. That is pathetic! We are at midfield and go 3 and out!

At Pitt, our O only scored 3 points in the first half while giving the D 7. You blame the D again, but they shutout Pitt in the 2nd half and held them to 17 points all game while scoring a safety. Again, it is unreasonable to expect to win with the O only scoring 17 while giving the other team 7. The O had the ball 1st and goal at the Pitt 2 and we couldn't score.

All of those things are more crushing than the Cruz TD. That Cruz TD hurt, but it was a 3 point game with over 2:00 left in the 1st half. You know what was also crushing? Missing a FG right before the half to tie the game. Not scoring on the 5 possessions after the Cruz TD when the D held the Giants to 3 and outs on their possessions. Throwing an int down 10 in the 4th. Fumbling on the Giants 1 yardline down 13 with 9:00 left in the game. Going 3 and out just down 6 with 5:00 left in the game. Giving up a safety just down 6 with 2:24 left in the game.

You can deem 1 play as the reason for whatever you want, but the O had many opportunities to win that game and failed time and time again.

Got any actual evidence about the Sanchez injury?

Yeah, I'm sure the torn biceps and tear in his rotator cuff didn't affect Favre at all. It was just because he didn't want to be here. :lol:

You are the best man!!

#9234 Testaverde, May 23, 2013
    Last edited: May 23, 2013
  15. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

:rofl2:

Did you really just say Tony Romo?

Yeah, you might get to 11 wins...maybe...but you are one and done in the playoffs.

Really?

16. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Right. And you blame it all n the QB.

Tell us.,.how many times has Schottenheimer coached an offense out of the bottom 10. And you have to exclude Favre, because its a fact that Favre dictated most of the terms.

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Jets should cut Mark Sanchez
    This from a Jets player, who asked not to be identified: "Everyone on the team likes Mark personally but there's a general feeling among some of the players that maybe it's time to give someone else a chance." The player went on to say that he estimates that 80-90 percent of the team feels the same way he does.
    However many players it is, none of them could be blamed for wanting Sanchez to move on. In recent seasons, he's been an utter disaster. It is, in fact, only fair to let Sanchez go, so Sanchez can find a fresh start.

In a Wednesday session of Jets OTAs, Sanchez threw three picks in 11 pass attempts. Coach Rex Ryan called the interceptions "disappointing" and "unacceptable." Two words that Jets fans often use when describing Sanchez -- when you remove the expletives.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/...moves-that-need-to-happen-and-one-that-doesnt

Hehe..this should be good for another 400 pages in this thread.

18. cval

cval Well-Known Member

2009 moat were predicting between 8 and 10 wins and that is where we ended up. Nobody predicted us to go to the AFCC Game.

Sanchez goes 9-7 as rookie which the haters like to gloss over the same record as with a HOF QB. Injury my ass by the way Elway won a superbowl with the same injury.

Give the kid a break he had ups and downs like most rookies and took the team farther that in had in how many years? One thing thinking he needs to go another got giving him his due.

If it is so easy to make to the AFCC game why have the Jets not done it? It was not the QB we proved that with Favre.

19. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

The offense as a whole deserves blame, but it is fair to put most of it on Sanchez.

Tell me, how do you put all the blame on Schottenheimer when he was the OC during the only time that you can say anything positive about Sanchez?

How do you give all the credit to Sanchez for team wins and then want to blame the OC for individual things like poor throws, dumb decisions, triple pump fakes and lack of ball security? It must be a Superfan thing that the average fan doesn't get. :rofl2:

20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

What a load of crap.

Is this guy "in the know"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.