17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

why would anyone want to sell the steelers game? we play them at home once every 6 years. besides those arent real fans selling their seats. its the jets office or stubhub owned seats

2. JetsSec337Lot13B

3. JetsSec337Lot13B

I wouldn't want to sell mine either just saying the price you would pay on stubhub for that game makes up for other games.

Believe I know the Jets have a contract with stubhub to list on their site. They list their and ticket exchange. Same for yellow parking passes.

4. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Hahahahhaa.... check out #86 Bills jersey getting clocked.

This is typical nonsense though and it's all Woody's fault. You clean out your regular old-timers by jerking them off to the point where they gave up and walked away. You overcharged them, held back on them with good seats that were "no longer available," then fucked them with Orange Parking and they said "enough... shove it."

So now the void is filled with opposing drunken assholes like this from every team we're playing. The Ravens game had the potential to get downright dangerous up there in 335 that opening night. Everybody is twice as drunk and darkness makes them feel like "nobody's gonna see what I'm doing."

I am not gonna miss Row 16 Section 342 at all. Bye-bye losers.

5. Section 227. Row 5

It would be wonderful to beat the Steelers... I just don't know if Sanchez has it in him to grow a pair of balls and stop shitting in his diapers come kick-off time.

He's all calm and collected in front of the Preseason mikes but the first time the pocket starts to cave, he panics and here we go again with anything goes.

6. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

There is a big difference between row 5,6,7 and row 3. There is the stairway area between row 5 and row 4 of the UD prime and that means that row 4 is about 10-12 feet closer to the field than row 5. By moving from row 19 to row 3, I moved down about 40-50 feet. To me, that is huge. Add in that I don't want to have to keep standing up during the game, cutting down the number of rows in front of me from 14 to 2 just cuts down the chances of me having one of the assholes who constantly wants the section to stand on third down in front of me down drastically. Plus I can now get in and out of my seat and into the concourse in seconds.

All that is well worth $20 a game to me.

7. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i dont mind the people who stand on third down, i mind the people who jump up mid play and block my view of whats going on. i counteracted this by jumping up first. fuck everyone, i want to see the play.

8. Joe Willie White Shoes

I wasn't nasty either. Just matter of fact. I calmly told them, and wrote them in an email, that I felt I deserved better after 33 years of loyalty and that I would not renew unless and until I received an upgrade and I told them I wanted UD prime near midfield. It literally took them 2 minutes to upgrade me once they realized I was serious. I also told them I was not happy with the way long time season ticket holders in the UD have been treated in general in the new stadium. Just because my priorities right now involve sending my kids to college and not spending $20,000 on PSLs and $4000 a year on tickets does not mean I should be treated like a second class citizen by a team I have emotionally and financially supported for decades.

9. Joe Willie White Shoes

I'm in my 50s now and just had my knee replaced. I've been going for 33 years and this third down crap just started the past few years. Believe me - the players on the field can't tell if the UD fans are sitting or standing. I understand making noise - that impacts the opposing offense. But standing up on third down is just assinine. I paid for my seat and I want to sit in it. Frankly, it is rude for these people to stand up and block the view of others or for them to want the section to stand on third down. These same super fans arrive late, leave early, and are constantly looking backwards at the rows behind them. Meanwhile, I have never ever missed a kick off, never leave early, rarely miss a play, and I only stand when something truly worthy of standing happens - like a TD. I will be happy to be rid of this "look at me, I'm a super fan" crowd this season.

10. alleycat9

i can understand your frustration. as long as i have an opportunity to get up before the play occurs it doesnt really piss me off. i could see in a few years and a knee issue it probably would piss me off. its such a domino effect, it only takes one person doing it and everyone behind them must follow or they cant see dick.

maybe a good ass punching would be a good idea.

11. Section 227. Row 5

I totally concur 100% with this post and the one before it. Have you been reading my mind?

Being in Row 3, you will have some degree of control over the people who stand. You can politely tell them that you've had knee surgery and tht you'd really appreciate it if they wouldn't stand. If their excuse is that they had to stand because of Row 1, then go down to Row 1 and request the same thing. You're done. And there is no way you can do taht in Row 7 or 9 or whatever, b/c the answer is only going to be, "Well, I had to stand."

Now, of course, if that doesn't work, maybe it's b/c the guys in Row 2 are a one-shot deal. So then you go to the security guard and ask him to mention something to them. If they are regulars, they will probably abide and all will be good.

I'm not a stander, so I hope you're behind me, because you won't have any problems with me. Standing on 3rd down is assinine. And you're right, I don't know what it is about these assholes, but they stand and then turn around. Sometimes they're so busy beseaching the crowd to stand also that they miss the freaking play for which they supposedly stood!

Ridiculously rude, inconsiderate jackasses piss me off.

12. Section 227. Row 5

In Section 227 Row One in the old stadium, we actually had Jets fans (super fans as JWWS calls them), who stood up all the time and turned around... raising their arms for everyone else to stand. The one in the middle was always the first to do this and always the drunkest.

I could never figure out why you'd be in the first row and feel the need to do that... adn turn around mind you, and miss the play half the time. This was the same asshole who had to get up every 3 minutes to go take a leak and buy more beer. He'd miss half the game and like JWWS said, be one of the first to leave the stadium. i could never figure out how a guy like that had access to Row Ones... must have had a rich daddy who got them for him and now the spoiled little asshole was abusing the tickets in every way possible.

13. JetsSec337Lot13B

Probably a company had a block of seats or was a big sponsor and he got them from his dad.

I stand up on third down but not during the play itself. I tend to stand up and scream until they get into the huddle. I guess I'm a semi super fan lol. I don't like to block other people's views and by standing up for 10-15 seconds while they aren't lined up yet no one is missing anything and neither am I.

The only time I ever had an issue was once someone asked me to sit during a commercial break. Besides my leg surgery I have had lower back problems so I need to stand on occasion. I figure a commercial break I'm not hurting anyone but one time I guess someone didn't like it.

I'm 32 almost 33 and my dad is 66. He can't stand anyone standing up and will keep tapping them until they do. He told me the only other place he'd rather sit after first rows in the uppers is first rows in the mezzanine. Unfortunately those are a bit out of our price range.

14. Section 227. Row 5

Hahahaha... next thing is, they're going to ask you to sit down during halftime.

15. 17a_tailgater

As of this morning, Tuesday, May 21, our records show you have not yet renewed your 2013 season tickets. We wanted to reach out to you as we’re preparing our 300-level online relocation process and would like to know if you are interested in relocating your seats. This online process allows you to view available inventory, just like you would select a seat location on an airplane, and if you find a location that you prefer you can simply select to relocate your seats.

However, in order to participate in this program you must renew your season tickets by this Friday, May 24 at 5PM. You can renew online or by phone at 800-469-JETS (5387) and pay for your tickets in full or break your invoice up into four monthly installments from today through August 15.

If you have any questions, please let us know how we can help. Thank you and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

16. alleycat9

fucking snake oil salesmen... its so goddamn frustrating. how about this you let me see what the fuck is available FIRST and then i will decide if i want to give you my money.

this have to sign up shit is for the birds, and sadly i am sure alot of people just do it because these scumbags tell them they have to.

17. Section 227. Row 5

You have to call and be convincing. You have to really convey that you'll be gone. I told Roberto in a very polite way that although I trusted him (heh-heh) and he seemed very nice (oh yeah), that my past experience has been that when I paid my bill, I didn't get an upgrade.

So, when I got off the phone, we left it like, "Call me if anything opens up."

My phone was ringing within 10 minutes. They are in a hurt locker big time.

18. 17a_tailgater

i truely believe what i want isnt available bc well there is only 6 such set of tix. and i already have 1 part of it. still havent paid.

19. Section 227. Row 5

Tell them you want Section 340, 5th Row, seats numbered 1,2,3 and 6th Row,1,2,3. Now you're stacked and only an aisle away from $125 Prime.

Fuck it. Go for it. What are they gonna do? "Send you to Vietnam?" (Sorry guys, it's a very old expression).

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Unreal,,,,same ole same ole,,,,,they just never change,,,,,,I am so glad I do not have to deal with this BS anymore ! My advice is to call them each and everyday until you get the upgrade you desire,,,if not call on Friday when the money is due and put your chips ALL in! Willing to pay right here and now if they give you what you want otherwise WALK away ! Good luck guys