Jake Steinberg: RB Goodson arrested for drug/weapon possession

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, May 17, 2013.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I didn't pass out I stumbled and did a three point landing on the side walk, chin and both hands.

It's funny how the moments when everything is going round and round stick in the mind. For me I think it was because those moments are pretty rare and I was embarrassed at having fallen. Not because I hit the sidewalk but because walking is so easy and I had somehow screwed up the technique involved. :)

If I hadn't fallen down I probably wouldn't remember the night all that well.

2. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Which is stupid because aren't hollowpoints more safe as far as being less likely to go thru your target and hit unintended targets? Correct me if I'm wrong.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Hollow points are designed to kill. Period. They're designed to flatten on impact and produce maximum trauma and for the point to come apart in the body causing greater internal damage.

They're called cop killers for a reason.

This situation is really ugly. Whoever owned the gun is going to jail and if the "bodyguard" is really a convicted felon he probably does not come out again. I'm hoping there are prints on the gun and that Goodson didn't handle it at any point.

4. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

I hear you, but there are differences. Goodson's cap hit would be nowhere near Sanchez's. We have several other rb's to take his place. And we're not contenders so I'd take the small hit in the short term to set a long term precedent.

5. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

If he gets arrested and is guilty, do we get a break on his contract? Could we get the signing bonus/ guaranteed money off the books?

6. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

congratulations. You,in your own mind have suceeding in taking the pointed finger from Goodson and those who act as he may have,to pointing it at people who call him out on in. Now,making the path easier for the next person who is gifted millions and wants to run around with drug and guns. You are a hell of a lot of help to the situation

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I read somewhere that his numbers come off the books if he's arrested and gets jail time. Hopefully, one of our resident capologists can answer this for us.

8. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

If all of this turns out to be the truth it changes a lot for me. Weed should not be illegal, in FULL agreement and I think we've all been there being shitfaced and passed out somewhere. Unfortunately he didn't pick the best friends but can't crucify him for that. The only deal breaker could be the gun.

9. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

New Jersey- 2C:39-2

All passengers of the vehicle are presumed to be in possession of the firearm unless it is on the body of one person.

10. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Correct in that sense, but they are specifically anti-personnel ammunition meant to flatten on impact for great stopping power and lethality. You get shot with a hollowpoint, you fucked.

11. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I agree with you but the problem is weed is illegal. Whether we think it should be or not isn't relevant because it is illegal. I'm more concerned about the gun and the hollow point bullets than the weed because he isn't going to jail over the weed but he could over the gun.

I still don't know how many times this can be stressed and we see it all the time, not with just black players but with big fat white offensive linemen as well but the NFL offers a ride home. If you are drunk use it. The problem is all these guys are more concerned with their image with their friends than their careers at the moment. It's understandable but it's stupid. He's not the first guy to do it and he won't be the last but I think the problem is the NFL doesn't hammer the point home enough with shit like this before guys begin their career. I understand they're not there to babysit but you are dealing with 21/22 year old kids who at the very least become hundred thousandaires. Most have never seen this type of money and don't really have an understanding of how the real world works, I know I didn't at 21/22 and I was only a 25 thousandaire. I couldn't imagine how out of control I would have been if I had millions or 5 hundred thousand.

12. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

He's not guilty of anything yet but could end up being guilty of possession of both drugs and a firearm.
    Personal views on whether weed should be criminal or not does not matter at this point as it is currently illegal in the state he was arrested in as well as being a drug banned by the league.
    I used to grow weed for my neighbor even though I don't smoke, he had Parkinsons, but I knew full well if I got caught I could be charged just as Goodson should know it is illegal.

13. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

FYI, Bradshaw has done alot more in the NFL than Woodson.

14. gopats88

gopats88 Member

Hollowpoints are designed to expand upon impact (usually not fragment, like you seem to believe, expand), transferring more energy to its target and potentially causing more damage as you said, but also decreasing penetration, as he said. Spend 5 minutes researching the best ammo to use for home defense, and you will find that 100% of the time hollow points are recommended for this very reason. You don't want to risk killing your neighbor in the process of defending yourself.

Yes, and that reason is that people love to use fear tactics to create hysteria when it comes to anything relating to firearms. Their design inherently makes them safer to use in populated locations than traditional FMJ rounds, which is why most police departments use them as their standard carry ammo, not because most cops are trying to be "cop killers".

15. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I agree with this, the first part is what I was saying. I don't see why you should be penalized extra for carrying ammo that is going to better ensure that you stop your intended target and lessen the chance that you hurt unintended targets.

As opposed to ammo that is going to pass through your target and allow them to keep charging after you, with the increased risk you hit an unlucky bystander. Which is basically what you are saying. And you are right, people hear "hollowpoint" and go crazy.

But that is all I will say on that, I don't want to derail this thread.

16. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Because it's a felony to have it..that's why.

17. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

This is a silly thing to say, dont you think?

Bullets, in general, are designed to kill.

Hollow points are designed to create a substantial amount of tissue trauma after the point of entry.

Your latter explanation is correct in terms of the physics of it.

The reason the hollow points are more "deadly" is because if you miss your target's "sweet spots" (heart, head) and hit a non-fatal spot, the target is still susceptible to expiring due to blood loss etc...

Here nor there, in this discussion though, so I apologize.

He should be released, IMO.

#257 GQMartin, May 18, 2013
    Last edited: May 18, 2013
  18. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Which is why I said "I don't see why you should be"...Implying that I think it being a felony is unjust. I was hoping you would pick up on that. Move on

19. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

It was unregistered, loaded and in their car as they were drunk driving. What about arresting them that is unjust? Why shouldn't it be a felony?

20. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Do you even know what you are responding to? Please read my original post before responding to what you believe it to be.

I was referring strictly to hollowpoint bullets being felonious. Nothing about an unregistered, loaded gun or the drunk driving.