Jake Steinberg: RB Goodson arrested for drug/weapon possession

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, May 17, 2013.

1. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

I always assumed that's why they say "fly" like a Jet.

2. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Not like I'm defending him but I remember when Stephen A Smith asked a player (can't remember who) why do players not use the free car service. The player said that the organization tends to be really nosey. They ask the drivers where they were taken and the times they arrived and left etc. Maybe certain players don't want the team knowing what they're doing during their free time.

3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

With all that money I would pay someone to drive me around if I am completely shit faced

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

It's that slippery slope or pandora's box they open if the legalize it..then anything is open for legalization.. and yes it shouldn't be illegal to do it at home but people don't do it at home they do it and drive just like with booze. Maybe if they had a breathalizer for grass it would be easier. Now it requires blood and that isn't so easy to do.

5. 1968jetsfan

Cap hit isn't that bad for letting him go, around 2 million in total, or a about 300k more than his current cap hit for this season. And if convicted or suspended by the NFL I'm fairly certain the jets can write off his contract without a cap hit. But that may only be if they keep him rostered until the league takes action, not sure.

6. 1968jetsfan

Legalize it and make driving under the influence, regardless of if booze or pot or whaterver, a minimum 1 year prison sentence for public endangerment if there's no accident involved, 5 years if there is an accident involved and life if someone is killed in the accident.....no pussy footing around, I have zero tolerance for people who drive under the influence.

7. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

You would be an awesome dictator in a third world country. I'm seeing lots of public executions and unspeakable suffering for your peeps.

8. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

This is why we got Ivory, he is the favorite to win anyways, all this does is give Powell and McKnight a little breathing room. It is a shame though, I heard Goodson was supposed to be a solid catching RB with solid speed that would have been great for the WCO.

9. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

I think we should cut him and send a message, sucks though, I really was liking our backfield.

10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i think this speaks volumes about the nfls drug testing. i dont ever remember reading about goodson failing a drug test, yet he is driving around drunk with personal use marijuana on him. sure he might just be holding on to it for someone.

more likely is that he is using and that the nfls testing has not caught him yet, which speaks volumes about it and its lack of teeth.

personally i feel as though the nfl and goodie want the general public to believe they have a drug policy with some teeth but the reality is that they dont want guys to fail tests and want them to be able to continue to use drugs and not be penalized.

i also have no issue with the guys smoking a little, i dont think they should even bother testing for it. my issue is with the procedure if a guy can obviously be a user and still not get caught for it by the current system.

11. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Doing ir, and driving....is already a crime.

And requiring blood, isnt necessary, because refusal to submitis tantamount to a guilty plea.

12. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

Please, no more circus theatrics, I agree, we really don't need any more clowns.

13. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

As you mention, it would require the ability to think, which apparently is too tough for too many players.

14. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

this is what happens when you keep pushing illiterate ghetto trash through school because they have the ability to play with a ball and sell a product

15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

SMH how ignorant

16. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

totally agree--good chance to send a message to all players--guns and drugs are never a good combination.

17. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Tell us how you really feel...

18. NFL

NFL Active Member

I don't know about ya, but if I had the opportunity to play football at the highest level, I'd be busting my ass trying to get as good as possible to make the most money I can. That's why I don't blame Revis for wanting as much as he wanted. Revis works on his game to the point where it's as close to perfect as it will get, knowing that he will get paid a very large amount of money, setting up himself and his family for life.

Players like Goodson are ok with just being here. They don't really care about being great. We need players who want to play and be the best, not guys who want to smoke weed and are fine with sitting on the bench most of the game. And that's why I like what McKnight has had to say this offseason, he's showed that he wants to be here.

Obviously many NFL players smoke weed, but not many of the great ones do, and if they do, it doesn't matter, because they are great and work to be great.

Btw, I'm saying all this as an 18 year old High School senior where most of the kids around me are doing all this shit, and that's why I think that's its even dumber. High School kids making no money are smoking weed, and your in the NFL making millions doing the same thing?

Sorry for the little rant..

#158 NFL, May 17, 2013
    Last edited: May 17, 2013
  19. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

i did. is it untrue? Anyone ever listen to Laron Landry talk? Go and put a bunch of money in their hands after they have been gifted a glamorous life and this is what you get

20. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

wow

i cant even fathom the kind of idiocy involved in putting all the money and expectations of an nfl career on the line for some petty shit like carrying an illegal gun. your in the nfl, youll be able to get a permit. fucking register it, and carry on with your life.

there goes the backfield. even if it turns out the charges are dropped, its gonna seriously make the team reconsider his role and likely they will look to either cut or move him with the least cap penalty.