Jake Steinberg: RB Goodson arrested for drug/weapon possession

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, May 17, 2013.

1. Lovetheflighteam

Lovetheflighteam New Member

How stupid could you be? Talk about blowing an opportunity! Some people just don't appreciate what they have. Hope you enjoyed your dope, it just cost you a career. Back to the hood and now the unemployment line! Stupid is as stupid does!

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The most controversies is a direct result of the number of local outlets covering the team and a not so transparent meme that involves disparaging the Jets to sell copy.

Basically the dysfunctional Jets meme sells well so people keep promoting it. There's no good way around that unfortunate fact other than to keep moving forward steadily until the wins begin to drown out the attempts to sell on the Jets misfortunes.

Over/under on that would be about 2015 although we could get lucky and have it happen sooner.

3. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

another player messes up a good opportunity. cut him.

4. Lovetheflighteam

Why are we having such a problem with players smoking weed? We need better drug tests. We should know about this crap before they are out in public getting busted. Are the drug tests a sham? The NFL need more and better testing. Just makes you wonder...maybe we need piss tests every day!

5. Lovetheflighteam

Since he got arrested, if he gets let go, do the Jets have it in the contract to get the signing bonus back? Just wondering.....

6. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

Jobless running backs must love when other running backs get arrested.

7. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Problem if we cut Goodson is that he's tailor-made for playing on 3rd downs and on the WCO. McKnight should have the skillset, but he's proven nothing in 3 years. Powell can catch a little bit, but that's not necessarily his strength. Ivory has never been a pass-catching back.

Most of the guys I've seen brought up in this thread aren't really pass catching/speed guys anyway. I liked how before we had Ivory and Goodson with Powell and McKnight behind them as insurance. This exposes our RB corps a little.

I'm not convinced he ends up getting cut, but we'll see. Obviously I wouldn't be surprised if he is.

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Maybe they should just decriminalize a natural plant?

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm actually wondering what percentage of America smokes weed at this point. We have the 60's and 70's crowd who smoked a ton and then weed seems to have made a comeback recently in the 90's and 00's.

I guess I wouldn't be that surprised to discover that a third of the country was using weed as a recreational drug at this point and at almost all ages.

10. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

Yeah let's put Bradshaw and Sanchez on the same team so we can have two fumbleinas.

11. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

The gun had HOLLOW POINT bullets. If it was on his person, he's done. You don't run around NY/NJ with a clip full of cop killers and get off with probation.

It's really too early to know who had what on them. Him being drunk means nothing and the weed charge can be resolved with a small charge. It's easy to find out a pro athlete was in a car and pin everything on them. It makes the case easier to work. But if he had true possession of the gun, he's thru.

Paging Mr. Bradshaw.

12. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

And McKnight and Powell just both made the team.

13. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

If reports are even half way accurate even if he doesn't serve one day of jail time he will get a multiple game suspension from the league and since he's not a star player or QB he'll get hamnmered for it.

14. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

What a fucking joke.
    These assholes don't realize they are lucky enough to get payed to play a kids game.

15. Lovetheflighteam

Idzik has to lay down the law with a "No Tolerance" policy. He's got to go!

16. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

You guys are over reacting like crazy lets hold off on cutting him and calling him a bum

17. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

well, I guess they aren't going to have to kill McKnight.

18. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

You just won the Funniest Comment of The Week Award, congradulations!

I agree this guy needs to be dropped. There's no place on a team thats rebuilding it's roster and it's image for a guy like that. Besides it's not like we have the strongest presense in the locker room either. And if all the talk can be believed Geno isn't going to be a voice that helps that situation out either.

We need strong leadership, high character guys in our locker room more than ever.

19. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Wouldnt care if we cut him now, we need serious players.

20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

A better question is when did stoners start fooling around with firearms? Nothing harshes up your buzz more than the report of gunfire drowning out your Allman Brothers.