Jake Steinberg: RB Goodson arrested for drug/weapon possession

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, May 17, 2013.

1. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

D'Brick was in the car when Braylon got popped for a DUI. Cut him too? The gun was communal property unless proof is shown of ownership, so they all get a night in jail until it gets sorted out.

All that said, I won't exactly miss the bum.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Until this incident there has been ONE arrest of a Jet under Rex. The circus atmosphere nonsense applies to other areas but the team itself has exhibited good behavior off the field minus the Braylon DUI. I think we have the fewest arrests in the league since Rex arrived and one of the fewest since Woody took over.

3. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

For those wondering what he could be facing:

In New Jersey, it is a crime to possess a firearm without a special permit or to transport a gun while loaded. § 2C:39-5 states that it is a third degree crime for a person to possess a rifle or shotgun without a firearms identification card or possess a high-powered air handgun without a pistol permit. The crime is escalated to a second degree offense if the individual possesses an unlicensed machine gun, assault firearm or handgun. Furthermore, if you store or transport an otherwise legal shotgun or rifle while it is loaded, you are guilty of a third degree crime.

Also keep in mind that a non-resident who acquired a rifle or shotgun in another state and who is traveling through New Jersey must comply with New Jersey laws relating to the transporting of weapons. In some instances a person may be guilty of a fourth degree crime called Possession of a Weapon Under Circumstances Not Manifestly Appropriate for lawful use. An example of these circumstances could be an unordinary large knife or sword concealed or found in a car.

A disorderly persons offense can bring up 6 months in jail. If you are convicted of a fourth degree crime you could be sentenced up to 18 months in jail. A third degree conviction will bring 1 ½ – 5 years of incarceration. Second degree crimes are more serious and you can be sentenced 5 – 10 years in prison if convicted.

Welcome to NJ Mike. Where an unlicensed handgun is treated the same under the law as an unlicensed machine gun.

4. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

Keep this beast under constant supervision and send him to NA so he can learn that drugs are bad and show him gruesome images so he learns that guns are bad. He may be a little too dumb to stop drinking before requiring intervention to prevent death, but hey, who doesn't right?

Let's keep him around because the RB corps looks shitty again otherwise. Too bad this didn't happen to a TE because the unit would immediately become stronger by opening a roster spot. Shame.

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

My guess is that is exactly what will happen..and then of course the Pats will pick him up.

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'm trying to see under what circumstances they can justify keeping him. He's not crucial to the team's plans, he's not a game changer. The Jets can get along w/o Goodson so where is the upside to keeping someone who displays that kind
    of bad judgement?

7. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

This.........

8. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

What else is new lol .

9. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

There is very little upside, you are correct.

There are also plenty of FA RB's running (heh) around, so your point makes more sense.

10. Cman68

We may have the fewest arrests, but overall JUNC, we have the most controversies in the league. Perhaps just one year with minimum headlines would do this franchise a world of good. This team really doesn't need more distractions or controversies or negative headlines. Time to read the playbook instead of the backpages and occasionally, the Police Blotters.

11. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

Fck that. Cut this bum.

12. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Our depth is pretty shaky at running back. I had high hopes for Goodson. This is a pretty big let down. Powell has to step up big, he showed signs last year he can carry the ball with confidence.

If Goodson is gone (and most likely he is) we really need another running back.

13. joe

joe Well-Known Member

The only thing I don't like about Bradshaw was when he literally ran over Brodney Pool and past a half-hearted Darrelle Revis en route to capping off a mortifying loss. Generally I do not like picking up NYG scraps (that POS Brandon Jacobs e.g.) but in the case of Ahmad Bradshaw, for the right price you could squeeze some remaining beast juice out of him in a running back by committee scenario.

As for Goodson? Along with the LOADED gun possession (and drug) charges, Goodell himself made mention of the victims in Sandy Hook (and Boston) during his opening comments in this year's draft. Guns already a post-Pacman Jones league no-no are an even touchier subject these days and Goodell's office will take a much dimmer view of this. I think RB Goodson's just pissed this year with the Jets away; career-wise remains to be seen...

Too bad Mike Goodson doesn't have Mike Woodson's brains. What a dope-release him.

14. Cman68

As someone else brought up, there are other backs available. Perhaps even Bradshaw. Point being, Goodson is not irreplaceable.

15. JetsVilma28

Yup. I'm leaning Bradshaw. He brings a few things to this offense that we need in leadership. I like his play and confidence on the field.

16. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Can't imagine a scenario where Goodson will be on the team much longer.

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

What's the deal with Bradshaw, I would think someone would have picked him up by now. Is he asking too much money or something?

18. JetsVilma28

I think people are saying he wants to stay in New York; could be the perfect marriage.

Edit: not sure about money. This situation should give him a little leverage, but not too much since there are still quality running backs on the table.

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Besides carrying the loaded unlicensed gun he was also carrying hollow point bullets..that along with the grass and the rest of it may be enough where we wont have to cut him as he will be in jail. This is pretty nasty stuff these days.

20. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Idiot.

We need Bradshaw