17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I have some crazy ideas

Let's bring the soccer ambiance to Jets games.

Doable?

2. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I tried sitting in row 1-4 in case we had a chance to move. Only row 4 is not blocked. Glad you are happy, u are good guy, buy those first three rows are obstructed

#17522 sec314, May 15, 2013
    Last edited: May 15, 2013
  3. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

what is blocking them?

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

please no, we have a game to watch. soccer fans are so bored they need to do things to keep themselves entertained.

5. JetsSec337Lot13B

I sat in the first row in the corner end zone this year. I was concerned my sister who is short would have an issue with the bars on the railings in the first row. She was fine. While we did have to slightly adjust ourselves for certain plays it was not a major issue. It also beat having anyone in front of us.

6. JetsSec337Lot13B

So who renewed who left? Anyone going to tomorrow's Town Hall meeting?

7. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

This is great. The NYJs were able to weed out 6 of your 8, so now you are only able to "lease" 2. Good job NYJs. Get rid of the out-of-town weasel who never goes to games and "leases" them out.

Of course Drew called and said there was nothing. You think they're stupid? He sees an area code that's in TX and goes, "I think I'll help out 227 with a NJ area code and who I know will attend the games before I'll help out this jackass with a TX area code who is possibly selling his seats. For all we know, this is the guy on GG called Champ who "leases out" his seats. Let's get him out of here."

And that's the way it went down for you, pal. You now own 2 Row !s in the corner still.

8. Section 227. Row 5

I realize the rail is there and thank you for reminding me, so that my joy is now diminished and I can have second thoughts again and buyer's remorse about all the money spent on Preseasons and Parking. Hey, you have that too!

But I respectfully can tell you that you didn't spend enough time in those seats. I sat thru the whole Eagles concert on the 40 in Row 2 and the rail didn't bother me after I got used to adjusting my "slide" or "sitting upright" in those seats.

The rail is there, yeah. In Giants Stadium it was plexiglass, which was a PITA too. But now at least I can tell myself, "I can adjust my vision any way I want to, to see the action unfolding, and it sure as hell beats looking at the backside of somebody else's Levi jeans label while the pass is in the air."

Tell you what. Come down and visit this fall and tell me my view is "obstructed."

9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

What section you in? If you are on the visitor side, I would like to meet you. Me and my pal spent one full qtr. sitting in rows 1-4 in sec 340 and decdiced we would move from row 8 only to row 4. Are certain times, you will have to bend to see the play without being blocked. If that does not bother you, then you have some great seats. If not for you and your direction, I would have never called last year and threatended them and moved to where I am now so I always have a soft spot in my Jet heart for good old 227. Glad you are staying on and yes, this team will be better then expected.

10. Section 227. Row 5

"Bending" does not bother me. Especially if I am being "blocked" by a 1" bar of steel.

It sure as hell beats being blocked by some fat-ass's 42"-inch wide buttocks and his 300-lb. girl friend who have never been to a game before and who insist on dancing around in front of me while the play is in motion.

11. JetsSec337Lot13B

Even worse is when you get Joe from Sheepshead Bay and he gives his 20 year old nephew his tickets for a game and he's only gone to one football game ever. He goes with some buddies and gets sloshed before the game shows up with two beers and he stands up and is so drunk he forgets to sit down and just stands up the entire game.

Assuming you have the extra foot of leg room you will love it. Won't need to stand up on the aisle and you know the security guard since they stand by the railings so you don't get hassled each week to show your ticket stub.

12. Section 227. Row 5

I'm hoping there's a little more leg room, but if there isn't, the rail sits on top of a concrete bulkhead and that rail is set out further than the part you're standing on, so it just might make enough ass clearance for somebody to pass without me standing up all the time.

After all these years of getting pissed at somebody in front of me, I finally get to watch a game without some jackass doing all kinds of distracting things right in my face.

13. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

well it appears if there are four first row seats on the 40 that there is alot lot lot of people bailing. thats almost unthinkable for there to be 4 seats ro on the 40.

i wonder where the old rojf went off and disappeared to, was he one of the guys that posted on the other jets site? does he still post over there? i hope he doesnt ever come back.

14. 17a_tailgater

champ gave up 6 1st row upper deck seats this year. and rojf deleted his account after he wanted to press charges against me for cyber bullying ha ha

15. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Do U think from one second I give a rats ass where the seats are? I was just trying my best for the lessor of my seats who has told me many times that he is perfectly happy with the view he has from my present seats. Just a bit ago the NYJs called me back & offered me 4 FR UD seats on the 30 but I declined because I had nobody to rent the other 2 to & I have far better things to do with my money then give it to the NYJs & they refused to move only my 2 seats over :sad:

16. Section 227. Row 5

That's because the glaring elephant in the room is your Texas mailing address on the account, which just so happens to match your TX telephone area code on the account also, and the rep is looking at that and going, "Hmmm.... WTF is this? Do I want to upgrade these FRs to this freaking schmuck in Texas, of all places, who probably "leases them" out, or do I want to upgrade this NJ fan who will (and actually CAN) use them as a Jets fan and take his Jets fan family?

If you were that rep, which one would you give an upgrade to if you were looking to do a long-term STHer a favor? Your Texas fingerprints finally caught up to you.

17. Section 227. Row 5

This is why I'm encouraging people, even if you've already paid your invoice, to still call up today and tomorrow and bust their balls to get an upgrade.

There is stuff breaking loose all over the stadium. If it's this bad in the UD you can only imagine what is going on down below. There are probably some damned nice PSL seats close to the rail that people are just walking away from.

And in the UD, for sure my 4 seats in Row 2 were available as of yesterday. So maybe somebody moved down from Row 4 to get my Row 2s.... etc. But still some damned nice seats have to be opening up, so please everyone, call the ticket office and bitch. Tell them you know there is movement so don't give me your bullshit. "I paid my invoice and you said you would help me upgrade. If you don't do that now, this will be the last time I pay my invoice ever again!"

18. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

HEY, my wife is way under 300 lbs. and her fat ass is beautiful thing to see!!!

19. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

My friend, I hate to bring up a bad point about your new location but, It'll be much easier to commit suicide the next time there's:

a fake spike

a victor cruz 99 yard season changer

a butt fumble

I suggest tying your ankle to the bottom seat support. Especially later in the season.

20. 17a_tailgater

they have given a one week extension if u havent paid