17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Upper Deck Guys:

CALL THEM NOW and insist on an upgrade. You'll get it!

2. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

my neighbor closed his account already. he had 2 seats in 331 row 8 i think.he is gonna call back after the preseason

3. Section 227. Row 5

I was gonna dump my Row 2s, I really was. The Preseasons are the killer (and the parking on them too).

But then when he called me back I was thinking, how the hell am I ever going to own Row 1s on the 40 again in my entire life? Probably never. I suppose I could have cherry-picked Row 1s though. I'm sure this is what the guy was thinking who gave them up.

I have to hope this team gets hot and my seats get more valuable and then MAYBE the preseasons have SOME value. Wishful thinking.

4. Section 227. Row 5

My whole life at Jets games... one of my pet peeves is people standing up in front of me at the worst possible time. Used to happen to me all the time. Even when I was in Row 5 in the Mezz... the assholes in Row 1 up there would stand up as Leon is running like hell for the EZ.

So now I'm like... "Great. Thanks a lot you fucking jerkoff." You're in Row 1 asshole... why do you have to stand up and make everybody in Row 2, 3, 4, 5, etc stand up now? You miss the TD and you're watching the replay on the screen and seething.

Now I don't have to put up with that crap. And only 3 rows behind me. So no beer being thrown, no annoying projectiles coming your way. UD Primes 1-4 are great seats.

5. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Congrats!

But what happened to the buyers remorse you had a few minutes ago? Haha, I know exactly how you feel because I'd feel the same way and still might, in a day or so. I argue with myself constantly. At least you can say no one in the upper deck has better seats than you!

Being on the aisle sounds good. After hundreds of games attended I'm not sure where I stand on the aisle issue. Sure it's nice to come and go as you please and move easily, but, you also have to get up for exactly half of the people in your entire row when they enter and exit. If you're in the middle you're sort of trapped, but you never have to stand up.

You're going to have a lot of people coming down to pose for pictures next to you. I see that a lot in our section. It's a good thing when the girls are cute. It usually happens near the end of the game.

6. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

Anyone see the pics of the planned new vikings stadium? If ours looked like that they could justify the prices and PSLs.

7. Section 227. Row 5

I've never been on the aisle but I was 5 from the aisle in the old stadium and yes, it was a PITA because we had a bunch of heavy duty beer drinkers in teh middle of the row.

I guess it all depends on how lucky you are with whoever is in the first 13 seats on your side of the section. I'm taking up 4 of the 13, so I only have to worry about how often 9 of them get up.

Is Row One a little wider than the rest of the rows? I know it used to be in the old stadium.

8. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

who do I call to rent a section to grow my ferns and tomato plants?

9. Section 227. Row 5

I want to nail the chick with the yellow top in Row 2.

10. LogeSection2RowJ

Wow. Is that a sliding roof? Think of the grid-pattern shadows all of time. last week I saw preliminary sketches of the Falcons proposed stadium. Incredible.

It won't be too many years until ours is, or nearly the worst in the NFL.

11. LogeSection2RowJ

HAHAHA, that's why you want to be in row one seat one. That's pretty good eyesight for an old man ; )

12. 17a_tailgater

hey your RowOneJetFan now so u can

13. Section 227. Row 5

OMG call me any name but that.

14. 17a_tailgater

ok ROJF then ha ha

15. Section 227. Row 5

Actually, we have a damn good chance of winning the "Least Season Ticketholder-Friendly Stadium of the Century" award. It's already 2013 and no one is beating us in that category.

And the more time that passes, more and more Season Ticketholder-friendly stadiums like this one will adorn the countryside. By 2025 (if it's still standing), MetLife will become a dinosaur. People will laugh at it and make fun of it. "Look dad... look what they did to the stands in the Upper Deck! Look at those stairs and escalators. how crude it that design! Did they actually think that was cool back then?""

16. JetsSec337Lot13B

Congrats on that seat upgrade. You know have one of the best seats in the entire upper deck and probably the best "value" seat in the entire stadium. Only thing is what will you ask for next season? Free lap dances from the Flight Crew wouldn't be a bad thing.

I am in row 5 which is the first row in the corner end zone and on the aisle. While I don't know how it is in the prime by row 5s which are really row 1s have about an extra foot of leg room which is great. Now if people want to walk by I just move my legs in and the rest of the time if I want I can keep them up on the ledge under the railing. The cup holders are also on the rail. While I don't drink inside the stadium (I can't justify the ridiculous beer prices) it is nice when I do grab one on occasion. I also have a tendency to have my cell phone fall out of my pocket so the cup holder is a great place to store it.

You will also have people posing for pictures. In September it's great when you have a pair of 22 y/o girls in a pair of dazzy dukes and a Jets jersey on.

17. Section 227. Row 5

Yeah, that's what I am hoping for... just a little extra room for people to pass by so I don't have to stand every time. I know it was that way in the old stadium, I just don't know if they buyilt this stadium that way.

My new seats showed up in my account this morning, so Roberto was true to his word and upgraded me for certain.

As far as your statement about "good value," I think that's what everyone should be striving for right now. Not everybody is going to be able to secure Row 1s obviously, but we should all hold their feet to the fire to try to upgrade to the best possible location within your price-range.

In other words, like selecting "best player available" in the draft. If you're in the $105 section, try to get them to move you to a place which is just next to or one off from a $125 seat. Best value.

The only way you're going to do that is to hold out and not pay the invoice.... been preaching this over and over again. These bastards DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU once you have paid the invoice. You are history to them. They promise shit if only you'll renew... "and then if I can move you afterwards I will." Yeah, right. Never happens. You pay your invoice and you've effectively ruined your chances for an upgrade.

Serously, everyone needs to be doing this today, IF you haven't paid your invoice. It's the last day, and you have beaucoup leverage if you want to use it. What do you have to lose? They can't take away your present seats just because you're threatening to walk. They have to honor your current seats. So you hold out until 4PM and if you don't get the upgrade, you can always pay the invoice.

I would ventrue to say that even after tonight's deadline, they are going to be trying to keep people (who haven't paid) in their seats, big time. You may have even more leverage tomorrow or Friday when they are desperate. Just the fact that Roberto was able to move me last minute like this tells me they are really struggling right now to keep everyone in their seats in ALL levels.

And I can't think of a better time to be putting the pressure back on them. Hey, they were in the driver's seat when all was rosey... new stadium, Sanchez coming to town, "We're going to kick their ass and go to the Superbowl," all of that. Now that the hot air balloon has blown up and crashed, it's our turn to put the screws to them.

18. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Well congrats on the Row 1 tix they sound super. However just think every year you will be paying at least 5 Gs plus parking for them. So when the year 2023 rolls around & they still have not won the SB you will have pissed away 50Gs for the pleasure of sitting in row UD seats in a stadium you despise :sad:

19. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I just got off the phone with the NYJs. I turned back 6 UD FR seats since nobody desired to lease them this year & kept only 2 for the 1 person who did want to continue leasing them. Drew the rep alleged he could not move me nearer the 50 because there were no FR tix available. :sad:

20. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

hehe i hope you bust their balls for mezz seats next year at old stadium prices!!!!

a large amount of people will find out just how shitty this stadium is this coming winter. when they are out there playing football in february in the mausoleum.

does anyone know how wrestlemania went down? if i remember correctly it was fairly warm that day, i think it was the beginning of april. i was really hoping for cold rain, that would have been a clusterfuck