GangGreenNation: Anonymous Sources (Jets Organization)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, May 4, 2013.

1. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

But this is where you're wrong

Every article is saying the same thing they're basically repeating themselves just flipping the words around

2. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

What? when?

what indicates that he's acting selfishly? being dissatisfied with his agents?

making a mistake is more like it. he texted during an interview period, it made him look bad. small potatoes, doesn't project immaturity but but rubbed some the wrong way. thats it.

People are acting like he went drinking after not getting drafted, he has no serious problems regarding maturity PERIOD.

not in a meaningful way he doesn't anyway.

he didn't do any major offense, this is so friggin ridiculous. the media is pouncing and making mountains out of sandcastles, thats it, theres nothing to tell.

3. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2013/5/4/4300588/geno-smith-what-is-happening

brilliant take, gets to the root of it all, completely objective. basically the article amounts to there being a chance that this speaks to his real mindset, but its low and with other more likely scenarios there as well.

nice to see cooler heads prevail somewhere, its not gonna happen where its profitable overall to hyperbolize and sensationalize everything related to our favorite team in green and white.

given how much people are eating this all up its no wonder they do it.

Its like watching some weird domino effect of perception eating reality. a majority of reporters and the like plants seeds of doubt, something maybe gives the slightest credence to the idea, and thus its accepted as truth.

4. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

I'm curious and been wondering about what we, as fans, can do to put Cimini and Mehta out of business. I seriously wanna find a legit way of ending their careers. I want them to receive what they're putting out.

They're nothing but a waste of sperm.

5. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

letter writing campaign to espn and nypost or wherever mehta works

6. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Geno is just like another WV QB who may have had some splashes, but will only be remembered for the off the field issues. Smith is not the NFL calibaer QB a team needs.

Everyone says he will need talent around him to be good, well the same is for Sanchez who we are alreadying paying. The Jets would have been much better off with Glennon or Nassib and as a 3rd or 4th round QB the media would have been much more foregiving. The 2nd round pick could have gotten the TE, Safety, or OLB we needed this year who could have actually been a starter now.

No the team gets a QB no better than what we have, used a pick that could have helped this year, and is only concerned about selling tickets.

7. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

Drafting for needs can set a franchise back. We got the best player available at the pick we had. It happened to be the best QB in the draft class. Get over it.

8. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

Seriously..."the best chance"?

I hope not.

He's not Luke Skywalker.

9. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

This is not even a "NY thing" this is a Jets thing. The Giants drafted Nassib and we don't hear anything negative about any of their players.

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

If geno is successful will you go away? Why not give the kid a chance?

11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I have no issue drafting Geno but if Sanchez was a top NFL QB there is no way in hell we draft Geno in the 2nd. This was a need pick that happened to have value associated with it.

12. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

definitely a need/bpa combined into one... this is the competition sanchez needs to either step up or lose the job. garrard or smith can easily win the job ir mark shuts down. i still have faith anchez can step up, but i also trust that mornhinweg will make the right decision regarding the qb decision and will play whoever he sees as better. if thats sanchez, wonderful, if not, thats great too, as long as we field a competent offense im on board.

also, i think its becoming pretty clear that a lot of the anonymous sources are labeled as such because if they were named their credibility would be easily dismissed

i hope the jets stay quiet as they have been since the end of last season.

#32 tank75, May 5, 2013
    Last edited: May 5, 2013
  13. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

I can agree with that.

14. louissockalexis

louissockalexis New Member

Did anyone see Geno with Gruden on ESPN yesterday? It was a rerun, but I hadn't caught it the first time around. Basically, unlike some other guys who went on the show, Geno seemed quite enthusiastic talking about the X's and O's of QB'ing.

Like a lot of 22 year olds, he is not fully mature, but he hasn't committed any major crimes, either, or had children out of wedlock, etc. Let's give him a chance before engaging in all the character assassination.

Not saying Geno will be a success, it is an uphill battle for any second-round QB. But if he can even put up average numbers, it would be a massive upgrade over Sanchez. I think Sanchez will be cut, btw.

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Gruden is really good at what he does. He gets a look on when he's dealing with somebody who is being evasive, a kind of "come on now" look with a little smirk attached to it.

If you watch the Geno Smith segment that look doesn't show up even once. If you watch the Zac Dysert segment it makes a few appearances. I don't know if that's bad or good but it's definitely the case.

16. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

What off the field issues? There are none.

And how are you qualified to judge QB talent? What are your credentials? NFL executives get it wrong. Why are you, an internet forum hack and troll, so sure you are right?

And how does a second round pick sell tickets? What an absurd comment! You think Jets fans are flocking to the ticket office to buy tickets to watch the 39th pick in the draft who may not even start this year. Each one of your posts is more ignorant and absurd than the last one.

17. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Mike Glennon, as in 17-INTs Mike Glennon? As in Mike Glennon who shit the bed in the Music City Bowl vs. Vandy with three, count 'em, three picks in that game alone? No sense drafting a lead-footed turnover machine to 'compete' with our current turnover machine.

18. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

One course it is and it still amazes me to this day after 45 years or so that about 75% of the fan base still don't get that.

19. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

As I said before, none of this media drivel means jackshit to the success of this franchise. The only thing that matters is winning games. If and when the Jets start winning then you will see most of this media bs disappear.

20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

You have to admit though,it's changed. It used to be a lighted hearted lovable loser kind of thing when the articles were written. Now there is venom dripping from every written word about the jets. True hatred being shown that borders on unproffesionalism