GangGreenNation: Anonymous Sources (Jets Organization)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, May 4, 2013.

1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I stumbled upon this article today. It is very refreshing to not only hear the truth, but to hear this in spite of all the negativity about Geno.

#1 Falco21, May 4, 2013
    Last edited: May 4, 2013
  2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I like it. Well said.
    Rise above the NY media classless techniques Geno. We want you to succeed.

3. Falco21

What is true and really sad is how they can just destroy some players. We all know you are supposed to brush this kind of shit off, but with some people, the constant media bashing starts to dig in and hit home. It's amazing that we have to even worry about the media getting in the way of a players development.

4. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Seriously, why aren't the papers giving Geno a break. He is our best chance at rectifying the curse that is Sanchez.

5. Falco21

Because guys like Manish Mehta and Cimini are cancers. They go every which way to try and bring these people down. It's sad

6. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

If I was Geno, I would start clipping these articles and saving them. Then when Geno is starting and leading us to victories, I would not give one interview to any of the bashers. Two can play this game.

7. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

It's NY Jets vs Planet Earth.

Let the media light a fire under his ass, he should be incredibly motivated to prove them wrong if he's a true competitor.

Nothing more gutless then throwing out an anon quote imo. Like Duh Herm said "PUT YA NAME ON IT"

8. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Probably pretty accurate, but then again, some of the fan base isn't much different.

9. jjt4201

jjt4201 Active Member

We got to do better as fans and not give their crap the time of day in this forum. We should also encourage Jetsblog to do the same. I am so frustrated especially because it hurts the team. Not just in public relations but also in attracting players. Who will want to come here if they know they will be trashes by 100 lb weaklings who got beat up in high school and now are taking revenge on the athletes they so admire and remain jealous to this day. So far it hasn't been an issue, but will undoubtedly become something to consider.
    Personally, I think the Giants pay local reporters to trash the Jets. Corporate espionage like crap.

10. Dreadmadseen

Dreadmadseen Active Member

It's called emotional intelligence..use it to rise above the b.s..

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

One thing about the NY media.. If you're doing great, they will kiss your ass and make you appear larger than life. Just look at the coverage and slants the Yankees have gotten over the last several decades. If you suck, they will pile on and try to destroy you. Most Met and Jet fans already know this.

This certainly explains why some FA's just don't wanna be bothered with the NY media hype machine. If you need more proof, ask yourself why Tebow is still in the news here when he's not even on the team anymore.

#11 Cman68, May 4, 2013
  12. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

If we somehow make an extremely dramatic turnaround (deep run in playoffs) do you think the media will try to kiss our ass again or will they say 'meh, the Jets got lucky'?

13. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

If Geno sucks it's because the press and fans bummed him out? If Geno is great it's because he had a chip on his shoulder that he used to motivate him.

Stop whining about the press. It doesn't matter, it's all about performance. If you can't delude yourself into thinking we just had the greatest draft ever with three or 4 HOF type players that will lead us to a SB you're simply not a real fan..

We have a 40 page thread going on Mark Sanchez where there are still fans who think he is an outstanding QB based on actual performance. The great thing about being a fan is regardless of the rumor or the reality we are more than capable of deluding ourselves to think these guys are going to be great or they are great based on actual performance that says otherwise. If actual performance doesn't matter, why should rumors or press reports matter?

14. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

You would absolutely be hearing the same things if Geno was drafted by the Chargers. The media has already mocked their pick Manti Te'o.

http://nesncom.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/manti-teo.jpg?w=640&h=458

That's what the media does. Being in New York, it is going to be worse. Apparently it wasn't just 1 NFC scout that had issues with Geno's attitude or he would have been drafted earlier. What I care about is how Geno responds to our coaches. If he responds like he should, then I don't care what he did and all these reports will go away. Until then, he better be prepared to deal with it.

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

16. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Generally where there is smoke there is fire. Enough stories of Smith have emerged the last few weeks to say its very likely he has some leadership, maturity and ego issues. Does that doom him? Does it define his entire life? Should we write his obituary today? No, he is a 22 year old doing what 20-25 year old kids do quite frequently making mistakes, acting selfishly and acting with an amazing degree of stupidity. Best these issues be brought to light now and be addressed.

This might be the best thing that ever happened to the kid. He has time to reflect on who he is, the way he acts, the way he treats others and how he reacts to adversity. There is a real opportunity here for personal growth for Smith and for him to become a better person. Not to mention he will have lots of (hopefully good) people giving him advice and working to make him a better person and leader. The one thing I like about Smith is he works hard, wants to be good and hopefully now has a pretty big chip on his shoulder to prove a lot of people wrong. I hope the media piles on even more and gives this kid more reasons to succeed.

17. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Bingo. I just saw another Cimini article today bashing Geno. I guarantee that if any other team drafted him, that article wouldn't exist even from most of their local sports hacks. The Jets beat writers come from Boston, so go figure.

18. Dreadmadseen

Dreadmadseen Active Member

That's what I meant by "emotional intelligence".

19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Think back to '09 and '10. The Jets were the darlings of the NY Tristate. Rex Ryan could do no wrong and Sanchez was "The Sanchize". Just two years later, "from sugar to shit" would be an appropiate description of the media coverage of not only those two folks, but the entire organization. Best guess is that they'll kiss our ass once again and pump up whomever is driving this team to success. Then jump on them like hungry coyotes when the losing begins.

As a case in point, can you imagine the media fallout if the Knicks had lost that game 6 in Boston after being up 20 in the 4th period. It wouldn't have been pretty for damn sure.

#19 Cman68, May 4, 2013
  20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Dan Marino had some "issues" as well.

How'd that work out?