Fire Idzik

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by allan1, Apr 26, 2013.

1. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Rex wanted a QB so he has a built in excuse when we suck this year and can justify coming back again. He is a joke and so is the owner and team.

2. CandleGuy

CandleGuy New Member

Guys throwing around names like Joey Harrington and Akili Smith as if it makes any sense in any context.

3. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

Pat White was a read option spread guy.
    Geno is a passing option spread guy.

Neither read defenses in college.

4. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Watch the great highlights espn is showing or look on youtube and then say you like how he throws the ball, he has a tight spiral or he makes great descisions... If you say any of those you are lying.

5. DBWarren23

DBWarren23 Active Member

And Pat White was drafted to be converted to a wide reciever.

Comparing him to a quarterback who was drafted from his school 9 years later is nonsensical unless you also compare skin color.

6. ScottFrost

ScottFrost Member

Even Fatcessa couldn't kill the Jets 1st day...:beer:

7. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

We have used 5 picks so far in this draft and have at least 4 new starters on our team, with a strong possibility that all 5 will start or see significant playing time.

8. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

9 years? It could not have been that long already, has it?

9. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be upset if he got canned, not calling for his head but don't think I would miss him at all.

10. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

Please tell me why Sheldon Richardson, the rotational 3-4 DE is going to start above Coples and Wilkerson, our previous 2 first rounders.

Also why is Winters already better than Ducasse and Colon?

Geno is better by default, we are getting rid of Sanchez, he plays QB.

Dee Milliner is as good at catching the football as Kyle Wilson is. Don't see the upgrade, at least not this year in his rookie year. Over Trufant, yeah.

11. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

nyjunc, I don't think ive ever agreed with you. Till now.

12. nycztonee

nycztonee Active Member

Yea because CBs are paid to catch balls. Idiot.

13. GoldenShowers

Bc don't you know Idzik built the 10 time Superbowl Champ Seahawks from straw and actual hawk eggs.

14. GoldenShowers

We kept the entire front office from years of failure, a HC who should have been fired, and added this guys:

"John Idzik begins his sixth season with the Seahawks after joining the club on February 16, 2007. With Seattle, Idzik oversees player negotiations, the team’s compliance with the NFL salary cap, player personnel transactions, all football operations budgets, staff and team contracts, team travel and most aspects of the day-to-day football operations while also remaining active in player evaluations. In addition, he serves as the club’s primary liaison to the NFL Office and represents the club at League meetings."

What exactly did we think was going to happen? Guy got beat in two trades and made two useful draft picks out of 4.

15. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

Watch your mouth. I believe catching the ball and creating turnovers is a valued commodity for a defensive back.

16. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Great job by the new Gm starting with getting anything for an injured high priced CB that only one team wanted and getting three first round rated players in his first 3 picks. Also with FA signing and trading our # 4 pick, our RB situation is fixed and has depth. In addition, we have a future QB and best yet, SANCHEZ will be gone 6/1/13. Wow, do I feel better about things. He drafted a OL, now we need Safety, TE and a WR from the draft or FA. Can't fix everything but boy, have we come along way in the last 10 days. The only thing that bums me out is how stupid Jet fans are at the draft, who are those people? They ain't people that go to games. And of course the biggest moron, the guy who created this post.

17. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Knee-jerk reaction thread.

18. McBayne

McBayne New Member

longtime lurker - I don't get the hate and I think a lot of people need to pipe down

I trust our scouts - I trust Rex & Co. as good evaluators of talent on the defensive side of the ball. Why are we acting like Idzik didn't know OLB was our biggest weakness? Why are we acting like Idzik and Ryan forgot Lotulelei might complement QC & Wilk as the anchor whereas Richardson mimics their skills? Milliner supposed to replace Revis? Wilson is not a great CB2, Kendrick is not a great NT, whatever - if there's anyone I trust w/ maximizing defensive talent when there's holes in areas and talent surpluses in others, it's Rex.

And given Geno's ceiling, god forbid we use the 39th pick on him. It's easy to hate given the fact the QB situation is a circus and Sanchez is driving the clown car. It's easy to say [best passrusher on the board] was the smart pick there - it's just wishful thinking if you think they had the ceiling like Smith - some might but let's quit acting like we were watching film like the people who feed their kids by doing it.

I'm a fan of this draft, maybe I'm drinking the kool aide but i'm excited about more 4 man fronts, Wilson in the nickel, and possibly somebody that's not Sanchez throwing the ball. Sue me.

:breakdance:

19. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

^Stop making sense! Stop that, we don't do that here.

20. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

Great ban job!!!