Are you cheering for Revis in Tampa?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JVilma51, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Analog Kid

Analog Kid Member

I never mentioned a fourth rounder.

2. Analog Kid

Analog Kid Member

Yes, it does (or could.)

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

How doesn't it? If the Bucs are terrible the 3rd rounder is better than if the Bucs go to the playoffs.

4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I can and do admire certain players on other teams from time to time. People who not only have talent but are fun to watch, and see them succeed. Normally those are not ex-Jet players, though, so it is arguably different.

But since the Jets forced him off the team, I think I will root for him.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

My mistake, I assumed you were talking about the conditional pick being a 3rd or 4th.

6. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

you're right; I misread your post.

you're right. I was talking about the round, not where in the round the pick is.

#66 JetBlue, Apr 23, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  7. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Thinking about it further, i want to see Revis do well enough for the Bucs to retain him in 2014, escalating our 4th to a 3rd.

But i want to see the Bucs as a team do poorly enough for that 3rd to be in the top half of the 3rd.
    Of course if the Bucs totally collapse, GM will be fired and new GM will probably can Revis, which puts us back into the 4th. so its a fine line.

8. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

^This

And no. Buh Bye Mevi$

9. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

In a way, the Jets profited more if they end up with a fourth than a third. If they end up with a fourth, it means that Revis didn't work out for his price tag. It means if the Jets had signed him to that money, there's a significant chance he wouldn't have worked out at that price tag. It means that getting picks for him was even more shrewd, as opposed to him returning to Hall of Fame caliber and spending the next 6 years lighting it up for Tampa.

10. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

This this and this

11. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

This whole "Idzik lied to me thing" shouldn't make you feel sympathetic towards Darrelle. Thats what he was trying to do by saying that. Think about it logically, you're Idzik and your trying to negotiate to get the most possible back for Revis...u dont need him out there telling all his friends he's most likely gone. Makes you weaker at the table.

I'm anti-Revis trade through and through, but this "lying" BS is not even 0.01% of the reason why. And NO, I will not be rooting for Revis in TB.

12. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

Yes thats true, but i seriously doubt that will happen. He will come back and play like the Revis we know.

13. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

No, it has nothing to do with anything he has said about Sanchez. It is more along the lines of domestic violence, assault, drug possession, refusing to comply with FAA regulations and things like that.

He doesn't think the rules apply to him. He is a selfish player. I don't care how bad Sanchez is playing, you don't get into a fight in the huddle and then quit on your team. I also hate that when we are getting blown out and he makes a catch, he does his stupid first down celebration of holding the ball out and then dropping it.

He is just not the type of player I like. I like players like Cherbet, Martin, Pennington, etc...

14. goat784

goat784 Banned

He's now the enemy but I dont know how i will react b4 the game.

15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Worst thing Tampa could do is play Revis too early on the hype of a Jets/Tampa Bay opener. I'm not convinced that he will be the Revis of old during the first few games of the season.
    I dont wish Revis anything bad, but I'm happy he is gone. Enought drama and BS like they lied to me, as opposed to "I underestimated the Jets would not be stupid enough to accept my demand of $16M guaranteed" LOL. He pushed himself out-of-town.

16. Ghost50

Ghost50 Well-Known Member

I like Revis however to me he isn't that exciting/explosive to actively follow on another team

17. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I won't be watching Bucs game unless they are on primetime. I hope he does well.

18. PuMa

PuMa Banned

After week 1 I still won't I hope he has a good career but I surely won't make it a habit watching the bucs FUCK THE BUCS. I never liked any NFC South team my most hated is the saints !

19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I don't wish. Anything bad on him,,,,,,I loved the guy while he was here but will not hate on him because he is gone . If he plays week one I hope he has a bad game and we win but Revis rarely has a bad game,,,,,,I wish the guy well I appreciate his time here,,he was and still is the best CB I ever saw play and we were lucky enough to have him on our team! Time to move on.

20. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

I will be cheering for that whiney cunt to tear another acl and laugh when the Bucs dump him.