Are you cheering for Revis in Tampa?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JVilma51, Apr 23, 2013.

1. laxin

laxin Active Member

Might have if he didnt bash the Jets, but of course he opened up his big mouth...

Like many have said, he's dead to me. Just another player now.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

He's not a Jet anymore so my answer is... No. I don't wish him bad luck, but I won't be cheering for him either.

3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

He is dead to me. Don't wish him any ill or success.

4. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

I want him to play healthy this year and then walk on the field in 2014 healthy so we get a third round pick in 2014 then I do not care what happens to him. I will not root for him that is for sure. --GO JETS

5. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

Mevis is dead to me. i excused his holdouts bc of his talents. now he is gone so long douchebag.i root for the Jets. he wasnt the 1st and wont be the last to do shit to us.

6. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

He didn't try to make it seem like that at all. Revis, wanted us to except him as face of the NYJ. His hold outs are probably regrettable, influenced strategy by his agent. We are starting to bow away from strength of secondary over strength of front 7. As it is we have above average corner back tandem. Revis, also hasn't proved anything concerning where he's at in rehab.

It sucks bc he was a member of the Jets first and Tanny was "lost" on FO island.

7. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

this. well said, sir

8. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

not really sure I care eithe way, just glad he's in the NFC. I'm not a big fan of his whining about "being lied to'...........makes him sound pretty bitter and dumb......perhaps if he and his agents wouldn't have been so hard to deal with, things never would have gotten this far........he also seems to not understand that even if he wasn't hurt last year, they would have been in this situation, the Jets just would have got a better deal a lot sooner.

9. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

IMO I think he will have a lot of regrets in the end. This will be his biggest. IMO really think he liked playing here. His agent and Tanny fucked the whole thing up.

Again, this knee may never fully recover.

10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

We should join a Bucs board and campaign for a separate Revismania subforum.

11. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I used to love Revis, but I became disenchanted with him because of the holdout in 2010 and the equivocation over holding out last year. I don't wish him ill, but I have a feeling he'll hold out again and make the Bucs wish they'd never traded for him. I'll smile at that.

12. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Yes, excluding when he is going up against the Jets. I'd go as far as to say Tampa is now my NFC team, that's how much I like Revis.

13. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I wish him well, enjoyed his time with the Jets, and really don't care what he does in Tampa.

14. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

No way. He was a great Jet on and off the field, but he made it very clear that he was all-business in dealing with contract matters. The guy had no interest in being a Jet for life, and he didn't have to. I get that he had to squeeze the most he could out of his career financially, but that makes it simpler for fans to cut the cord once he is playing for another team. He's no different that any other player playing for another team.

15. NEJets

NEJets Member

No fxxking way.

16. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

In my own greedy way, I kind of want Revis to bounce around from team to team for the next few years (due to his desire to get the best contract), so that he is forced to go to the HOF as a Jet (if he does get into the HOF)... the Jets need more HOF players.

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Pro-football HOF doesn't induct you with a team. Players just get inducted with no allegiance.

18. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

I loved Revis on the Jets but there really is nothing to cheer for---if he does his job is is the most invisible man on the field. He wasn't a big turner guy -- he defended passes and forced teams to go a different direction. Against the Pats he was so invisible they forgot they had wide receivers....the bills found out that CJ Spiller is dangerous. Revis forces teams to game plan around him -- i think he will get challenged a lot this season in a very tough pass happy NFC south.

19. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

He is now insignificant.

20. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

He's my all time favorite Jet. I can't blame a player for seeking the most $$ in a league where one can be cut at anytime.

Hope he sucks week 1, but excels the rest of the way.