Tim Tebow Landing Spot: One Answer

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Br4d, Apr 10, 2013.

1. tt15fan

tt15fan New Member

I believe you are mixing BQB and me up here CC. BQB has always said consistently that he only likes Tebow for the football aspect. he has said that SEVERAL times here and on my forum.

I was the one that has stated that I like the football aspect of Tim, but I also like him for what he does off the field. And if I remember correctly when you and I debated back and forth, even though I admitted I like Tim beyond the football field, I don't believe I have brought up his religion or politics. In fact I recall I said and have proven that I leave that discussion to my own forum and when the opportunity presents itself. I believe I have always kept the chatter to mostly football here.

ETA: Also Remarker and Demos activity is non of your business. Nobody else points out your activities. Anytime a disagreement comes up, you always point what others do. Worry about yourself and the god damn subject matter man! It's getting old!

#61 tt15fan, Apr 22, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  2. tt15fan

tt15fan New Member

Thanks man! Yup... I guess it's easier to call others really obnoxious names, rather then actually stay on track. That would mean an actual discussion was happening! hehe.

And completely agree with you regarding the second paragraph.

3. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Yep, and just to clarify further...

It's not that I dislike Tebow's personal behavior. I think it's great for him and the people he helps. He seems to be a straight up guy. I think it's commendable.

But...

I didn't know any of that stuff about him until the media started reporting it. I would have thought he was hooking up with girls and drinking kegs in college. How would I know? I just watched the games. It didn't bother me that I thought he was just like everyone else, so it doesn't make me happy that he isn't. Live and let live. In between... watch football.

4. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

I should have clarified. The majority of the people using the really blue language have been banned from this board already. I appreciate your stances on Tim and your key argument is one we agree on to varying degrees. Tim could change/improve his reputation as a pro (depending on how you see him now) if he gets to start for a full season. Where we seem to differ is whose fault it is that he hasn't in three years. It is up to Tim to earn a starting job period. As of right now, there are no new developments other than the Jets being unable to find a trade partner at the combine, other QBs signing, etc. After the draft, the majority of NFL rosters will take shape and we will see if anyone in the league sees Tim as a valuable acquisition....

5. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Yeah, I agree with you to some extent on a very small part of your Tebow arguments, it's just that most of the time you go too far, Sir.

6. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

Fair enough, I will stick to facts:
    1) Tim did not start any games last year.
    2) Tim has been made available by the Jets and no offer good enough to discuss has
    been made, if any.
    3) Tim is now a 4th year pro (veteran) with only 16 starts under his belt.
    Even those facts will burn your ass a little but it is only because Tim has made a fool os his believers.

7. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Well,

#1 doesn't mean anything, it's an empty criticism.
    #2 You realize Revis was just traded today, so... ok it takes time sometimes.
    #3 So?

And it's just poor logic and reasoning to suggest he has made a fool out of anybody. In what way? By winning a division and playoff game with the one of the worst teams in football (at the time he took over the Broncos had sucked for years).

8. tt15fan

tt15fan New Member

1.) Fact... that we know. ;)

2.) Question though... how true is this really though? When word got out the Bucs were getting antsy when the Jets were being wishy washy about Revis and making it hard to sort out of deal, could this be the same regarding Tebow? I ask this, because despite the media saying the Jets are looking to trade Tebow; have the Jets actually said they were looking to trade Tebow? I am finding that time and time again it is hard to find an actually person from the Jets organization suggesting anything else. Not trying to hard headed here, but for real there is seriously several articles about Tebow a day where it seems like a lot fluff and not much information. More seem to be opinion pieces rather then legit information. Do any of you remember anyone from the Jets actually saying otherwise? I am asking because like I said there is so much out there in one day, I really can't remember. Please refresh my memory so that I know correctly. Thanks. :)

3.) Once again, Tim didn't play an entire season. He had 9 wins and 7 loses. Had he played an entire season, could there have been more wins? I still want an entire season before I make my final decision. To be clear, I am not saying that if Tim had started for the Broncos for the entire season the results would have been better, simply just wondering. I also want to make clear, that I feel with Tim at the helm of his team, Tim and the Broncos won. I don't believe Tim alone carries that team. I believe that Tim did bring a different vide then what was felt prior to him setting in. I feel that the chips fell where they did because everything as a unit was clicking with everyone. I am a big Tim fan, but football is a team sport and I believe the Broncos found that magical recipe to make it work together. Tim Tebow will be the first person to say that. He time and time again makes sure he is not the only one getting the credit.

Just trying to make some fun debate here. ;)

9. Dennis

Dennis New Member

While it's true that the Jets never came out and said that Timmy's available, it's not much of a jump to assume so. After all, they did trade Revis - who had much more of a measureable positive impact on the Jets than Tebow.
    Why do Tebow fans always insist that he needs a whole season to prove himself? No other player gets that much slack before he's held accountable for their performance.

It seems like a lot of people who have seen a lot of Tebow on a daily basis didn't want him on the field - Josh McDaniels (who drafted Tebow), John Fox (who proved he can do well with a mediocre QB like Delhomme), John Elway (one of the GOAT), and Rex Ryan (who made 2 consecutive AFCCGs with Sanchez). Coaches who don't need particularly good QBs were not willing to give Tebow a shot if they could avoid it. Why? Maybe because they don't need a whole season to evaluate QB talent...

10. gapeach4jets

gapeach4jets New Member

As a fan of Tim's who doesn't even remotely resemble the stereotype, I'm also frustrated by the idea his fan base is monolithic. It's been my experience that a lot of the rabid behavior comes from the anti-Tebow end of the court and I've been surprised by that. It seems those who want to see him fail are more passionate about him than I am. Go figure.

11. tt15fan

tt15fan New Member

But still an assumption based on how people want to see this played out whatever side one stands on. ;)

Elway, got a golden ticket and who wouldn't pass up on that? That I know! LOL McDaniels is a supporter of Tebow and if I understand the Broncos FO actually is run by their GM, etc. So we know Elway wanted Tim gone. With that said, the question still stands... why the heck did the Jets jump so quick for Tebow and trade for him? I will still stand by that the Jets were looking to ship Mark out before the extension was given. At the time there was no other QBs on the trading block that the Jets could get. Fast forward to when Manning gets signed to the Broncos, Tebow is freed up. They sign him. Okay, we have last season. The Jets can't play Tebow because they don't have the money to pay him out should he lead a winning team. Mark is left in because he has guaranteed money and a contract. Let's look at that folks.

Also, as you mentioned above, no source has come from the Jets themselves. It is assumed by media reports that write opinion articles that the fans can either disagree or agree with. When actual trade talk came up when spending Revis to the Bucs, who's name was in the mix to be traded with him?

Mark Sanchez.

That was the only confirmed trade talk going down with the Bucs. While everyone and their mother was talking about Tebow going down to the Bucs with Revis, it wasn't even his name in the mix. So...

Tim Tebow is still on the roaster, while it was confirmed Sanchez was the one they were looking to ship out. Are we going to ignore that? I asked you guys if Tebow ends up staying how do you think it goes down this year. Maybe you guys are not looking at this as a whole picture. You can debate this or that in numbers and everything else...

But I am looking at that no one has a source saying Tebow is on his way out. Assume, but that's not a source.

#71 tt15fan, Apr 22, 2013
  12. tt15fan

tt15fan New Member

Well said and I completely agree with you. Couldn't have said it better actually.

13. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Most players get more than a year, actually. BTW, he won when he started, so he's already proven that a team can win with him as the starter.

What has NOT been proven is that a team will NOT make the playoffs with Tim Tebow as a starter... if you want to get technical about it.

Explain it away all you want but the facts are the facts...

With Tim Tebow starting, making the playoffs = Proven
    With Tim Tebow starting, missing the playoffs = Not proven

#73 Backup QB, Apr 22, 2013
  14. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

So, now you're just making stuff up?

15. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

I know it's a trait most Tebow fans possess, but you're just being blind and dishonest if you're saying that Tebow isn't available.

16. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

PLEASE IDZIK, DROP TE-BLOW...end this RIDICULOUS CIRCUS NOW!!!

17. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

hahahahahah.

Yep. There was no circus with the NYJ until Tebow arrived. lol.

Look at your head coach buddy. Guaranteeing Superbowls, foot fetish videos, Sanchez tattoos, stupid media conferences...

Rex Ryan is your problem.

18. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

You've gotta be shitting me...

You really missed your cronies blasting me over and over for following Tebow around?

Man, the hypocrisy of you people know NO bounds...

19. Concerned_Citizen

Many of you weren't saying he "CAN" lead another team to the playoffs. It is that some of you seem to think that is AUTOMATIC. I used to sport a sig around here from you yourself saying that bringing Tim Tebow to Jacksonville makes them an "instant contender" and must see TV. Yeah, the Jags will get more exposure alright, but I think you SERIOUSLY overrate the kid if you think he's that damn good to bring a team with the kind of problems the Jags have all the way to the playoffs.

First, let's let him win a string of games that DOESN'T involve stinking it up and being bailed out by a defense keeping the other team to two scores or less and go from there. He's got a loooooooooong way to go before I think HE will be the reason a team goes anywhere.

20. Concerned_Citizen

Awwww.... look at the Teboners patting each other on the back for sharing the myopia.

You obviously haven't been reading the boards with some of your other bretheren. Many of them have been as arrogant, cocky, condescending, etc. as you complain about anti-Tebow fans being.

But that is part of why Tebow fanatics have gotten to be such easy targets. If Tebow were merely popular and his fanbase kept it within reason. Nobody would care. but over the last few years, I have found many of them to be quite dickish in defending his lack of abilities on the field. They then have to go to radical conspiracy theories about sabotage, and blame pretty much anyone and anything for Tebow's shortcomings... about the closest any of them come to admitting fault of his is that he is young and needs to grow. That's it. never once did I see a Teboner come out and say.... wow, he really played a bad game there. (Look at any of his last 4 losses for Denver.)

Well, here's the problem. I and others think it has ALREADY been played out. He has been weighed, measured, and people who spend countless hours evaluating these people just aren't all that impressed. They recognize wins are a team effort, and they saw how the Broncos won those games. Sure, Tebow helped, but it isn't lost on them how they got into those holes. They just don't want to invest the time and money giving away starting time to a guy they see putting the ball into the dirt all day in practice, and a guy who seems to have trouble grasping whatever offensive scheme they plan on running. Nobody is going to stake their reputation on just tossing him out there and letting him improvise improvise improvise and trying to run run run his way to the Superbowl.

That is a major reason nobody seems high on getting him on their team, and THAT is why many of us think this thing has ALREADY been played out. Tebow fans just didn't accept the result. He's about to enter his 4th year, and while you can find quotes from some sources saying nice things, people have been saying nice things about liking what they see in Tebow since his rookie year. The comments from Steve Young just aren't going to be persuasive enough until we see Tebow in game situations... which at this point only look like it will be the AFL or CFL for the time being. Ain't gonna happen from the bench of some NFL team.