I want Kenny Vaccaro

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Ozymandias, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

my pick in the first round constantly keeps changing. we are in prime position to get a great player.

I personally think we are keeping Revis. so what I would do is trade back to pick 15 or 16 with NO or STL and pick up an extra 2 and 4. then take Vacarro.

I wanted Barron last year and we didn't get him, we lucked out with Landry. now we have Dawan Landry who is good in his own right, but Laron is better. we need a true cover safety. a rookie like Vaccaro could even learn a thing or two from Landry.

I want an absolute shutdown secondary. In a division that plays NE twice, we need safeties to cover Gronk/Hernandez.

Vaccaro is the pick, if I'm the Jets.

also, if we end up doing a trade back and wind up with 2 seconds. I also want to draft Arthur Brown with one of those picks. yes, we have Harris and Davis but I feel Brown will be better than those two guys. have him start alongside Harris, then in 2014 we can either cut or restructure Harris (I'm leaning towards cut).

2. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I want either

Dion Jordan
    Jonathan Cooper
    Kenny Vaccaro

if we get one of them I'd be ecstatic

3. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

No, you want Geno Smith....as you have said in the past.

All joking aside....if the Revis trade goes down.....I want Cooper, Vaccaro with the 1st 2 picks.

I'd be shocked if Jordan was still around.

4. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

LOL, yeah maybe if he falls to the 2nd but right now a Guard like Cooper will do so much for the line while Vaccaro and Jordan are game changers on defense. Jordan likely wont be there but Vaccaro should

5. Vaccaro is a great fit in Rex's D & in NY. He'd be a really exciting pick & would have a chance to be the best safety in this team's history.

Jordan
    Star
    Vaccaro
    Cooper
    Austin
    Patterson
    Mingo

Is my list between #9 & 13 of draftable guys for the Jets.

6. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

After seeing how Rex coached the Jets in beating or coming close to beating NE, or any other team with a strong arm quarterback, you don't get a safety or a FS to sit back and watch Brady throw to the secondary all day. His defensive strategy is to apply pressure at the spot of the ball by using whatever it takes to pressure the QB.

This why I would be very surprised if he takes a DB in the first round, unless of course Revis is gone and they have the extra pick. If they have 2 #1 picks, then I would go along with this.

7. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

Saints don't have a 2nd rounder so it'd be difficult to trade back with them unless they give a lot in later rounds. Maybe 15th, 75th, 109th, and 183rd for our 9th? I'd be okay with that because chances are Vaccaro, Warmack, or Cooper will be there at 15.

Then if Revis is traded also that's 2 top 15 picks and 3 picks in the top half of the third round. Wow.

8. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I would disagree with that. The Jets have had huge problems applying pressure to opposing QBs. Brady in particular seems to have all day against us. During that amazing playoff victory over the Pats in 2010 it was the blanket coverage that gave Brady nowhere to throw the ball that did the job.

I would like a safety to be drafted in the first three rounds and if a safety is the BPA at the no. 13 pick (if we get it, of course) then so be it.

9. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm, ok , so your logic is that in order to fix the QB pressuring issue, Jets should draft a DB? Rex going to solve that need by going to the draft for a DB for that reason? Don't think so. Man, I'm glad your not the GM, lol

Like I said, if Revis is gone and the Jets have 2 #1's to play with , then fine. But it's a wasted pick to draft a DB in the 1st round with glaring weaknesses in the front 7. Chances may be that Elam will be there in the 2nd.

#9 BomberJet, Apr 13, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  10. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Not what I said at all. I said the way the Jets beat the Pats was by blanketing Brady's receivers, not by getting quick pressure on him, which the Jets have struggled to do for at least a couple of years now.

I also said I would not be averse to a safety at the no. 13 pick if he was the bpa at that point. With our no.9 pick I think we are almost certain to try to find a pass-rusher, as that is the glaring weakness of our D.

And there really is no need for 'glad you're not our GM lol' crap, is there?

11. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Anyone able to post a good highlight reel of Vaccaro?

12. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]5NMkI4Sbo-U[/YOUTUBE]

He's got a bunch of stuff up on youtube.

Game breakdowns for him. I'm sure there's more out there, I only copy/pasted the first few links below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN5BZ6f0FzM <-- vs. Oklahoma State
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zwv2OIrF6yI <--- vs. KSU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jshrCL2H1yk <--- vs. Ole Miss
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrJd-vbajAU <--- vs. Oregon State

13. gsulli5861

gsulli5861 New Member

I think Vaccaro is a top ten talent. I think the Jet's want one of the guards@9. However, if they get 13, sign me up for Vaccaro

14. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

He's got great closing speed and moves well horizontally across the field but didn't seem that great in man to man coverage and seemed to miss some pretty simple tackles.

15. NFL

NFL Active Member

If we trade Revis I want no one other Vaccaro at 13. We need a true cover safety especially if we trade Revis.

I wouldn't mind trading back from 9 and getting him + a couple picks though.

16. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I'm not too crazy about the idea of Vaccaro in top 10 or even 15. I could live with it in a trade down scenario, though. He is not an elite safety prospect by any means and I just don't believe in taking good safety prospects in top 15.

17. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

What hurts Vaccaro's value is that this years safety class is so deep. A team can pick up a player that should be an immediate starter in rounds 2 or 3.

18. Greengini

Greengini New Member

Elam's better.

19. a1032bc

a1032bc New Member

If we do trade Revis - then yes Vaccaro with one of the two #1 picks makes a lot of sense. Couple Vaccaro with Jonathan Cooper in round 1, then with TE Zach Ertz at top of 2nd round, 3rd round fill out with either OLB help (Sio Moore) or WR help (Bailey) and we have the start of a great draft...

20. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Also hurts Vaccaro's value is that he shouldn't be a top 10 pick. I feel he's only rising because no one else is asserting themselves as surefire top 10 picks. Vaccaro is a nice safety, and I think he's a 1st round pick. But he's never been a top 10 athlete or playmaker.