17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

driving home from my sisters house last night i pulled in the parking lot of MetLife with the kids.drove to my tailgate spot to make sure there wasnt any changes.the building really doesnt have that much meaning to me like the old stadium did.i dont know im trying to love it but my eyes just arent attracted to it.

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Hopefully U R aware that if I still resided in NJ I would be going to the games with my buddy that I rent my tix out to? :sad:

3. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

Thanks CBG - Great advice!!

4. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i wish u did too. hey how about this.... ill give u advance notice when we will be having our Annual Pats-Hater Tailgate party and i would love for u to be an honorary guest.what do u say?

5. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

A home playoff win would make it look nicer. Maybe one. Geez, what great memories do we have of the new place? Giant stadium was ugly to, but we had blood, sweat and tears there. I only have bad memories of this place because last year was horrible.

6. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Damned good advice. Most every regular on this board followed this advice, but it still amazed me over the years the number of people who still trusted the ticket office. They referenced their "reps" as if they were some sort of drinking buddy or next door neighbor who was "in" on something and was going to let them in on it too! I mean, come on!

Scoundrels. Every swinging Dick.

I have to tell you all that while my approach with them is hardass, I find little advantage in taunting them or threatening them. They're scared little puppets remember. Their job is to get on the fucking phones and sell tickets... put asses in seats. And they get paid for their performance.

Along comes 227. "Hey there, what's your name again? Jason? How's it going today Jason? Here's our account number..."

Then the fun starts as they deny any upgrades exist. But you shouldn't give them an ultimatum, IMO. My style is different than, "Fucking move me right now dude, or I'm gone after this conversation."

I'm more, "Look, you can see how much Seniority we've got. And I keep on seeing where you guys want to sell tickets. So somebody, somewhere has to be giving up something better than where we are, right? Can you check with your supervisor? Oh, okay, nothing available right now? Well, what do you suggest?"

Now they tell you you have to pay the bill. Well, last time, it went somethning like this: "To tell you the truth (and I hope you understand and it's NOTHING against you, mind you, becasue I've never spoken to you before), but in the past I've had a problem with paying the bill first and then
    not getting what I was asking for. I hope you understand."

So then there's the moment of silence. And then I add, "Here's what I'd like to do. And I understand that your manager isn't available right now to authorize an upgrade for me, but why don't you talk to your manager and then give me a call back if you can upgrade me?"

Now I left the ball in their court. I told them I'm not "comfortable" paying the bill and I'm really putting them on notice that this is one fucking guy who might possibly bail if we don't upgrade. RED FLAG! RED FLAG! GET THE MANAGER INVOLVED!

Don't you know, the last time I did this, I had a call back from that same rep (15 minutes later) and she (YES SHE) moved me up. Don't remember her name. unfortunately, b/c I might be tempted to call her. But it was a younger sounding voice and who the hell knows if she even works for the organization anymore or found her fucking senses and got a significantly better job (certainly more ethical, prestigious job) of pumping gas at the Hess Station on the Turnpike.

7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

227 it is almost impossible to play nice with them as. They have an agenda / playbook and pretty much stick to it. It started in the old place , the last season when they moved people that were brand new with zero seniority into prime locations. My cousin calls and gets offered way better seats downstairs,,I call 2 minutes later and they tell me I am " misinformed " or that I " have it wrong ",,,,,what a joke , I have like 10 stories similar to this one and they all end the same , with the reps or the office lying to me.

The new place is built and pretty similar shit happens,,,,,,then fast forward to when I am on the phone with the " nice lady " she says we would " hate to lose you " I tell her what it takes to keep me and she has zero nothing ,,,,she can move me a row or 3 but that's it,,,,,,,,I say thank for your time and suddenly she is moving me 1 section to my rite,,I still bailed because the whole process was horseshit and lies.
    Like many of you I had dealings with the office but bottom line is I hated the new place just hated how high and setback it was. The escalators and parking passes were a joke,,,,,and ps I also had 2 ticket reps at 2 separate tailgates with us and they confirmed much of what most of us already knew about this whole fiasco. I have been out of the fiasco loop for 3 years now and have zero regrets but I am pretty certain that they still operate the same way. I wish you all the best of luck dealing with them,,,my therapist says it is good for me to get this off my chest from time to time so now I feel much better,,,rant over

8. Section 227. Row 5

I hear what you're saying and not knocking your approach. And it will come to that with me, I'm sure, b/c they probably won't give me an upgrade. But I'm going to play it out first before I take out the shotgun.

If it comes down to the wire and I still haven't paid my bill, that's when I change tone and make the final call.

And before I get off the phone I'm going to tell them what a nightmare this all has been and how abused I feel as a STHer.... from the first seats in 342 Row 16 to the extra set of seats I had to buy in 339 Row 9 just to give MYSELF an upgrade, to all the misery, anxiety and aggrevation they've caused with all of it.

Then my last words are going to be, "So now we are at the end of this conversation. Are you going to get your manager and give me an upgrade or not? Becasue otherwise, you can cacel my season." But that won't come until the final conversation.

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

227 can you please please when you hang up with them call a reputable talk show host or publication to have them sit down with you and listen to what the asshole jets have put you through. i cant think of a better spokesperson for the fans on this entire stadium debacle.

10. championjets69

Well I thank U very much for the invite however I choose to spend my money on things that give me a enjoyment & the product right now & for the next few years is going to be super shitty IMHO so my enjoyment level is going to be zero or less. If I can take a rain check on the invite for 5/7 years when hopefully they are again a top tier team then I may be more agreeable to your suggestion but again thanks so much for the invite :sad:

11. championjets69

Ah this upcoming season should be even worse then last year so better get you anti depression drugs ready :sad:

12. championjets69

I suggested to all the whiners & moaners on this board to open up a Facebook page but it seems none of them have the balls to do it yet they carp & carp & carp here on the TGG which will get them zero results. For a BILLIONAIRE to get pushed off his high horse it will take something akin to a revolution by the STHers hence the Facebook suggestion:sad:

13. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Here is proof, again, that Champ is a fair weather fan and has no interest in our Jets. Not only is he a ticket broker who lives thousand miles away from the stadium who has never been to the new stadium and posts on the subject for years, he turns down a very nice jester from 17A because the Jets are not going to be good enough for his liking. No shit Chump!! But we are fans of this team and will be there to root for the boys in thick or thin... at least most of us. BTW, where do you get the 5-7 years, pull that out your rear like everything else that splurges out of your mouth without a filter. Please go away and come back in 5-7 years

#17173 sec314, Mar 26, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  14. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Did anyone get an invoice or email on when ticket payment is due?? never got anything

15. championjets69

Hey #1 hypocrite on the TGG send me a prepaid round trip airline tix & reservations for at least 2 nites @ a 5 star hotel + the taxi fare there & back + the taxi fare to/from the airport. Otherwise best keep your trap shut since the 2013 edition of the NYJs WILL NOT be worth spending 1 penny on in IMHO. Again big shot wait to they play in Hout or Dal & you spring for the moola to fly NJ/TX + outlay for all the incidentals that will be incurred in that trip:sad:

16. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

on a somewhat related note, look at how the new SF Stadium is coming along. I wish this was our design.

[​IMG]

17. championjets69

Well since you are a fake FB fan cause you cannot even analyze your own team I give you a little lesson after going as bad or worse then we did in 2012 in 2013 RR will be saying the NYJs will win a SB in his dreams as ex HC. So now a new coach comes in & starts to weed out all the deadwood the new coach perceives is on the roster when he takes over. Then there is a QB that we have to acquire that besides a arm has a brain that can make quick snap good decisions those 2 things alone will take up to 5 years to accomplish if we are lucky to get it right so 5 is the min & hopefully 7 is the max. Now you should learn how to assess your team with your head & not your heart. You should also go for detoxing of your silly love for the NYJs. You are a grown man IMHO it is time you begin acting like one :sad:

18. Section 227. Row 5

Thank you and I appreciate that your think that I am a legit spokesperson.

The truth is, all of us have been fucked over pretty good and have all contributed to this really invaluable thread.

Here's what I think would be a lot of fun, if we don't ever gert audience with the media over this (which is probabluy most likely). We get about 7-8 or us together and we do a You Tube Video. A video of us sitting in the Upper Deck talking about the Fuck-Around. I think it would be fantastic!

19. Section 227. Row 5

314, why do you even entertain responding to this?

20. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Sometimes I can't help myself. Need to get a rise out of him and then I Ignore.

#17180 sec314, Mar 26, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2013