17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

This board is too FF.

2. Section 227. Row 5

Okay so I've been in FL for awhile.

What the hell is going on with the Season Tickets? Are they going to mail them soon? Any word on pricing? Has anyone called and demanded an upgrade and gotten one?

Don't forget, if we wait too long, you're going to get, "Well, the tickets have already been printed. Too late for an upgrade now, but pay your invoice for this year and then we can talk about it next year." Screw that.

3. JetsSec337Lot13B

Pretty much how I feel.

4. JetsSec337Lot13B

The day of the game is the big problem. For myself and I'm sure some others on here we are in the lots at 8 am. I am preparing food and tailgate equipment packing Saturday night and Sunday morning.

I just look at it as $950 I spend for an entertainment expense. Could I spend $600 instead? Possibly but for me it's worth the extra $350. Everyone has a "hobby" that is looked at as wasteful spending of money. For me it's Jets tickets. I like being in the same spot every week and not having to sit on the computer. I also now know the usher next to me, the people next to me, people behind me and also across the aisle. If they stay next year is another story.

The biggest reason for me to keep my season tickets though are the following:

1. It will still be hard to find a set of three first row aisle seats on the secondary market.
    2. When you have season tickets you have a built in excuse to miss certain functions. People know my dad sister and I are going to the Jets game we have season tickets and it's all set up. If we dropped them then the events pile on. It is also more difficult to say oh I'm going to find tickets to the game Sunday morning and skip your event instead of saying I already bought tickets.

5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

but why pay 1050 when you could pay 400?

i think that is the point he is trying to make.

ok im late to the game, someone already pointed that out and you responded. i can understand if you have seats that you like or are difficult to get. the minor amenities that you said are definitely helpful. i still dont know if i would be willing to pay double what i could pay in order to be front row or on the aisle.

#17105 alleycat9, Mar 19, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  6. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

the point is who wants to have different seats all the time. different beer vendors,unfamiliar bathroom locations and where to sneak cigarettes. how quickly will your entrance and exit be.... as season ticket holders we are creatures of habit.our packing of our tailgate stuff our departure time our parking spot.when it all goes right that is what makes paying the $$$ worth it.

7. JetsSec337Lot13B

I was the one with front row on the aisle. To me after sitting in the first row this year it made all the difference in the world and I was on the aisle. I've done the math before on if I cherry picked each week. I am in a tougher situation since regardless I'd need three tickets which is tougher to find and usually more money. Either way I've figured I lose about $200-$300 a year by not cherry picking. It all depends on the year.

While some may dispute my numbers and I don't write it all out here is what I figured I would pay with fees in 2012 (I have $95 face value tickets):

Home Opener: $95 face value 49ers game $175 Texans game: $30 Colts game: $110 Dolphins game: $85 Patriots game: $50 Cardinals game: $40 Chargers game: $35

Total $620 would save $330

Then factor in half off parking which I only split with one other person since my sister takes the train. Assuming I bought every game at face value on ticket exchange would be $35 x 8 which gives me $280 or half of that would be $140. I would be $62.50 on my own.

Total savings $77.50

I would save basically $252.50 by cherry picking. For me I just look at this as a luxury. Everyone has something they could save money on.

As others have said we are creatures of habit. I have everything down to a science. I know that if I leave my seat for the bathroom as soon as a punt is done I can make it to the bathroom and back to my seat and maybe only miss one play two if I'm walking slow. I know the ushers, the ways to be out of the stadium and back in Middlesex County within 45 minutes.

I also despise when I see some shmuck with his stubhub printout ticket who can't figure out where his seat is every week and then asks me for my ticket stub as a souvenir since he has a stupid printout. For the record when I was younger I didn't save my stubs but as I've gotten older I've begun to collect them all.

8. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Where are your seats now?

9. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Ha shocked at you for twisting the true facts which are he resells 3 of his seats no difference then what I do & he had the nerve to constantly berate me about it. He is the perfect case of dont do as I do do as I say. What a joke! :sad:

10. Section 227. Row 5

Like I say... too FF.

11. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Bite my bitches. How's that 227?

12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

:sad::sad::sad::sad:

13. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

You are a sad sack of crap. I have never sold one ticket in 33 years, don't deflect your lack of respect on this site on me. Me and 3 other guys go to all the games, that's that. I even eat pre season's or give them away.

14. Section 227. Row 5

No, I was laughing at Champ, not you!

Talk about "twisting" the facts. He's trying to equate him buying seasons and then selling the entire package to complete strangers ("tenants" as he puts it) to you paying for all 4 tickets in your name and then yourbuddies reimbursing you for their share.

Of course, it's not the same at all. But Champ does the ultimate twisting of the facts to suit his argument, while all the while accusing 17a of twisting the facts. It's fucking hysterical!

And I'm convinced that in his own mind, Champ is 100% convinced he is right. This either makes him brain dead or one hell of a shrewd genius, that he is actually able to convince himself of something like this while all the while selling everyone around him that it is someone else who is twisting the facts.

I mean, it doesn't get any funnier than this anywhere on the entire internet!

15. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

I can feel the love in here haha

16. 17a_tailgater

when i feel myself turning to the darkside and about to argue with champ over nonsense i shut the site off.realistic arguements ill entertain but those are few and far between

17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I have been getting better and ignoring IT, but I could not help myself. Back to Champ rehab

18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

your situation makes sense so far as staying as a season ticket holder. i honestly cant blame you for sending woody the check year after year. if you were row 15 on the 30 in the middle of the row it might be a little different but i can understand where you like where you sit and want to have it be consistent.

19. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I haven't gotten an invoice yet either but heard something last week that there will not be any increases and that some uppers will be reduced. Basically they will be expanding the $50 zone.

Good news for some, I suppose, though I'm not thrilled about the $50 seats getting closer to my seats that I pay more than double for.

20. 17a_tailgater

Prime old $125 still $125. (Side deals for corner end zone prime)
    Sideline old $105 new $95
    Old $95 new $85
    Old $75 new $50
    All others stay $50

That is my guess