Revis trade thread (Update: Revis to Bucs for '13 1st and cond. '14 4th)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Br4d, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

I fully expect us to draft a franchise Qb in 2014 or 2015. Revis will continue to be dominant for at least a few years after that (if not more).

2. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Someone reported, I think pro football talk the Dolphins wanted Revis but the Jets weren't even negotiating with them. If the Pats want Revis, we get Brady. Best player for best player. Only fair thing to do

3. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

Why not, make the trade.

The Jets are going to be last in the division for the next 5-6 years anyway.

Maybe we can get them to throw in a bowl of clam chowder.

4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Revis may well be done being the dominating CB we saw. We draft a Franchise QB in 15 he isn't taking us anywhere until 17 or 18. That's 4 to 5 years.

5. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Send him to Pats make him ruin there cap!

Jets luck is that he will do a cheap deal for the pats 5 mil a year

6. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Trade him to the Pats, offer him boatloads of money in FA next year, get the Pats draft picks and keep Revis. :beer:

7. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

As a cornerback deon isnt even in revis's class now as a playmaker and return man thats different but deon was soft and didnt come up to tackle. Revis tackls better then a lot of safetys

8. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

no way am I trading Revis to NE. absolutely no way.

9. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I am concerned that some of the players he is letting go he will replace with worse players.

You really have no concerns? Heh.

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

It's not that I don't have concerns it's that I've already accepted the fact that we're going to suck in 2013. I'd prefer to see a bunch of young guys compete for positions than watch a more pricey aging vet play at an "acceptable" level.

11. masivemunkey

masivemunkey Member

Incarcerated bob just makes stuff up. The pats did not make that offer. The Jets would not trade Revis to the pats, they wouldn't have even contacted them.

12. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

yeh i dont think the jets and pats are on 'good terms' haha

doubt they have trade talks...

13. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

No way we are trading him to Pats.

14. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

No one wants him. LMFAO, the diva can't get a 1st round pick offered for him. Extend him @ 6.5 mil per year and dare him to hold out. I love the salary cap!!!!!!!!

#474 TNJet, Mar 14, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  15. duncc5

duncc5 Member

5-6 years? That's ridiculous. It's been 8 years since we were in last place; and the last two times we came in last, we rebuilt quickly and came in 2nd the following year. So you're basically saying that we will strike out on our next 5 drafts and not sign a single decent FA over that timeframe?

16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

it's been 3 days. only the big money f.a.'s have ben signed. we knew going in that the jets were not going to be early players in free agency.j.idz is letting the market settle. we will be adding pieces shortly.

17. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

Oh is that what he's doing?? Because I wonder who is going to be left next week when he's ready to wheel and deal.

The clock is ticking on this Revis deal. The Eagles just threw Barwin big money so who knows if they are even still bidding on Darelle. And the Bucs don't want to come off the 13th.

I think Idzik is trying to use leverage by taking this "we don't have to trade him" line that was out in the papers today. But the truth is, we do have to trade him. Bringing him back only ensures that he either walks, or we end up getting robbed at the trade deadline and getting a 3rd rounder for him.

It's hard to believe trading a player of this caliber could get botched (especially after going out of your way to alienate him) but Idzik just might do it.

18. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

19. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

At this point, Tampa is probably the only real bidder for him. Idzik had better wise up, take the 2014 first rounder and a 2013 second rounder and cut his losses.

If Tampa drops out of this, this offseason will be a disaster. There was no reason for Idzik to clean diss Revis' agent at the combine when the rumors were swirling. Then they basically lie and say they're not going to trade him only to have every GM in the world tell the press they were shopping him hard.

When have you ever seen a franchise player, much less one of the best in the NFL, treated this way? If Revis stays, knowing they're not going to pay him (which of course Woody leaked, because, the Jets insist on doing everything through the press), he is walking.

20. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member