Antwan Barnes: Visiting the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ArmandJ, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Al Dorow

Al Dorow Banned

This thread sickens me as a Jets fan. Other teams are signing big name guys while giving that teams fans much to be excited about and talk about. What do WE have???? We have a tread about I guy I've barely heard of, who has not even SIGNED with the Jets, but only VISITING. Give me a friggen break. This is REALLY the best thread topic we can think of at this time??? HELP!!!

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

:breakdance:

We barely have cap-room man, just relax and be excited about the draft!

3. Mr. Green Pants

Plenty of the teams making splashy moves now will be in the same position we are a few years from now. We went for it with everything we had when we thought the championship window was open, and we failed. There's a price to pay for that.

4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

This was either purely sarcasm or you're not bright.

5. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

I'm going to go with not bright. Not only do we not have the dollars to be active in FA, FA isn't the way to build a team. FA is good to grab a few players to an already good team, to take them over the top. Building a team through FA, which is what we did, puts a team into a position like the one we are currently in.

You know what I'm excited about? John Idzik and his understanding of how to build a good roster.

6. PuMa

PuMa Banned

Really...? your going to cry about not being active in FA... when we literally have no room to move i think Barnes and Butler is a great move its under the radar,smart and they are good quality players that can turn into something more Barnes wasnt even a starter with 11 sacks last year and V.butler played behind Ware and Spencer his whole career keep in mind he has only played in the NFL for 3 years he has alot of upside in my opinion Idzik is playing it smart and safe now with two starting OLB's we can focus on other things in the draft that are far more important this would be a great move... JETS1116...you arent very intelligent are you ? now i want him to make a move on B.Pollard to fill our S gaps and maybe go FS in the draft ??....

7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i may be wrong but i think you totally misread his post

8. Jets31

Jets31 Banned

Maybe nobody wants to play here. :sad:

9. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]GPOJklVBu_E[/YOUTUBE]

Sign this beast already!

10. Jets31

Jets31 Banned

Are we going back to the 4-3?

11. PuMa

PuMa Banned

Meant to Quote the other dude haha

12. PuMa

PuMa Banned

Looking on Barnes twitter seems he could be getting a deal with the fins.... aww...

13. Jets31

Jets31 Banned

The Dolphins are going to destroy us!

14. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

You've never heard of Antwan Barnes? Guy has been in the league awhile. Besides we have very little cap room and a ton of holes. Signing a big name free agent would be the worst thing we could do right now. Its the offseason these kind of threads are always around. Also Barnes is a pretty good player and I'd love for him to join the Jets.

15. PuMa

PuMa Banned

I wouldnt say destroy us... but they are stacking talent i am kinda worried.

16. 518

518 Member

Do you even know how the NFL works??? Unless you were one or two wins away from the Super Bowl you should NEVER overpay for a free agent. Good value is hard to come by in free agency, most teams over pay for mediocre talent (DeVito) and destroy their cap space for the future with good talent (Wallace, Flacco). Be grateful we have a GM that understands this and is hell bent on straightening out our bad cap situation and getting better through the draft and low cost/high reward signings. 2013 will not be our year but it won't be the year for 31 other teams either. Get it together buddy....

17. Jets31

Jets31 Banned

I thought we cleared all kinds of money and are way under the cap.
    Its a mystery..................

18. Al Dorow

Al Dorow Banned

And PuMa is calling OTHER people "not very intelligent"??? LOL!!

19. Al Dorow

Al Dorow Banned

I understand WHY we're not signing big name guys. But are we so screwed up right now that we need to start threads about player VISITS to the Jets? It's embarrassing that player VISITS need to be talked about. It just shows what a lowly, non-player our orginization is right now. THAT'S my point. Let's start brand new threads on SIGNINGS, not VISITS. Maybe THEN we won't look like such losers. If our team made some mistakes which put us in the position we're in right now, then let's not make the situation worse by getting excited over player VISITS. That's just down right embarrassing.

#59 Al Dorow, Mar 14, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  20. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Let's stop the BULLSHIT!!