17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

what happens if he paid them in blow jobs?

im just kidding!!!! relax

2. JetsSec337Lot13B

Let me tell you something. You're a fucking dumbass. I buy/sell tickets to a lot of things. I don't do it for a living but it brings in good extra side money. I went to 105 Jets games before I had to miss two games this year because of surgery. I had chances to get additional Jets season tickets for profit and I knew better. I wouldn't even touch the $50 seats. I've only gotten Jets tickets to sell once in my life. The reason was I took a tour of the new stadium and they gave you comp tickets for the end of the 2009 season if you took a tour so I knew I had nothing to lose. If you ever bought Jets tickets with the intent to make money you deserve to lose your ass.

I like to go to games and for me I just pay my bill before the season and that's the end of it. There are people who buy with my thought process, people who buy expecting friends to buy games or pay for tickets to go with them, and people who buy for profit. If you buy expecting your friends to buy you may be in trouble but not as bad as if you bought solely for profit.

A couple years ago I had the chance to get Giants PSLs. I actually signed up for them only because I knew I read the fine print and knew I wouldn't be on the hook until I signed it. I had a formula set up and actually had tickets in the final year of the old stadium thru pre-sales. I made about $1k but knew if I had to buy preseasons if I had a $120 ticket I would pay $1,200 a seat and would have to get $150 a game to break even. I would then have to sell at around $175-$180 a ticket on stubhub to cover that cost. I would not finance the PSL but I wanted about $300 profit a seat to even consider it and I didn't think it was realistic.

If you want to buy a PSL for your own use I wouldn't judge you. Some people might but my opinion was some people are willing to spend more money on certain things they want. To buy a PSL expecting a profit and you even had a chance to break even and walk away you're a straight up fool.

3. JetsSec337Lot13B

More important things. I have been trying to log into my Jets account and it gave me an error message. I called up the office and they said they froze everyone's accounts to put in the invoices. I asked what the new prices were and they said they were unsure and they would be out in a couple of weeks.

4. Jets31

Jets31 Banned

I heard there will be an increase in ticket prices. I hope for the sake of you guys who have PSLs and season tickets this isnt true.

5. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Great post sec337, well said. I hope all tickets go up 20% but the UD.

6. bbombers1985

bbombers1985 Active Member

There is no way this is true. It would be a PR nightmare considering even the Giants kept things flat.

7. Jets31

Jets31 Banned

Just wait and see. They are delaying the invoices for a reason. Do you think the NYJets and Woody Johnson care about PR? Really?

8. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

You will be rudely awaken if you don't think the jets wont track down your social. Once the courts and judges get involved (which they will), those credit cards and banking institutions (checking accounts) you used to pay your psl invoices will have to provide personal data (which involves ss#s). They will find you. Bet on it.

9. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

I guess we will find out soon!

On jets website

What happens if I do not purchase my season tickets or complete my PSL payments?
    If you default on your obligations under the PSL Agreement or Club Seat Agreement, Jets Stadium Development LLC will have the rights listed in the default provisions of those agreements, which include forfeiture of your PSL and all monies you have paid for that PSL up to that point. This means you will no longer have the right to buy season tickets for those seats for that season or any future season. Jets Stadium Development LLC then will have the right to resell your PSL with no obligation to you as the former PSL holder.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/tickets-and-stadium/faq.html

I do not know of anyone who has defaulted but we will find out soon enough, as I can no longer pay for season tickets due to a personal issue......NOT CAUSE jets are having losing seasons

#17049 Jerseyboyisback, Mar 12, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  10. JetsSec337Lot13B

Ok GMCJets. It's pretty obvious you're the same guy who was banned on here and Jets Insider. On there you pose as a guy who lost your ass with club seats and on here you pose as some guy who had $50 tickets in the upper deck. You also told us you had 6 seats and now it's 4 so you're changing up your story. Look back at post #15697 on I believe it's page 785. You only have one mission to get people to not go to the new stadium. If you don't like it that's fine but no need to come on here spewing a bunch of bullshit.

Does the new stadium stink? Absolutely but those of us who have kept our tickets do it because we still have fun going.

11. JetsSec337Lot13B

Basically it is saying they can come after you based on what the default provisions state.

If you have 8 PSLs that have all been half paid then you owe them $10k. Not sure how easily they can ding your credit but they can still go after you for the money owed.

If someone had 2 PSLs in the $2.5k zone and paid off over 50% maybe they wouldn't go after them but for you it's $10k. They could put a lien on your assets or future assets.

12. alleycat9

what exactly do the default provisions state? that would be a really good place to start, i am sure you threw the documents away when you got them without looking them over though so i wont expect you to give me any insight on what it says.

13. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Just spoke with a manager will NOT affect credit score have it in writing as well. They may or may not come after you for remaining balance.

This gives me some relieve if I can not renew my season tickets or sell my PSL!

Thank you all for making me freak out about this!

14. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Jets cant do anything right including going after PSL owners. I hope they lose tons of STH's that still owe and they can't replace them. Serves them right

15. JetsSec337Lot13B

I never disputed the credit score but you could be on the hook for the PSL balance and from the way the contract is read you owe it in one lump sum.

I will share a story without getting into specifics. I am on the board of my condo association and we sometimes have issues with people who don't pay their dues. We have lawyers obviously who take care of it but usually they end up tracking down the person eventually and then do an asset search. Own a car? Checking account? Savings? Condo? Any of that can be taken away to fulfill the balance owed to the Jets just like a condo association can do for monthly maintenance fees that are never paid.

16. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

lol, dude I'm glad you're not a lawyer or you'd be disbarred for giving that kind of shoddy information.

No one, and I mean no one has the right to seize any penny of your property without a court order. That Condo board wants to collect on dues? - they have to take you to landlord-tenant court.

Likewise, if the Jets want to collect anything from a person walking away from a PSL, they HAVE to serve you with a summons & complaint in civil court, take it all the way through trial (including paying their counsel and all court fees), WIN the verdict, and then have the judge issue a ruling. Even then they can't touch a single penny of your assets without your not paying up within a certain time, after which the Jets would have to hand over the judgement to the Marshall's office who would start collection proceedings. Those guys are also way backed up so between the initial summons and marshall knocking on your door, you're easily looking at 2-3 years delay and you can settle at any time before the verdict or declare bankruptcy before the marshall executes the court order

17. Jets31

Jets31 Banned

WTF are you babbling about? I bought 6 and only used them a few times I gave the rest away and IF I was going to re-up which im not it would have been 4 this season.

The stadium is great if you want to be there around a losing atmosphere. The place is beautiful and nicely built. I enjoy it alot.

So dont know what the hell you are talking about?

18. JetsSec337Lot13B

I should have gone into more detail and yes you pretty much summed it up. Basically just saying they may not be able to ding his credit score but they could still go after him and he has said he would cancel his AMEX card. He needs to do a lot more than that to make sure he's not on the hook for the $10k balance (not sure his exact balance) left. The guy who owed us it has take a couple years to go the point we did but just saying it could come back to bite him in the ass in the future. Will the Jets go this far? Who knows?

19. alleycat9

the thing is it typically doesnt need to come to that point. usually when people get the letter from the lawyer they tend to make some kind of action. and i sure as shit wouldnt want to have to retain a lawyer to fight off the jets for some right to buy football tickets bs..

man that would be a kick in the balls. jipped out of 10k for the "right" to buy football tickets. buy them, product sucks, resales suck... fuck it run away and then have to pay another 10k and get NOTHING. not even the right to get to buy more tickets. just 20k gone and nothing to show for it.

20. Jets31

Jets31 Banned

I dont think the NYJets would persue anyone who defaulted on PSL payments.

Your honor I needed the money to feed my family and pay my mortgage.