Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildaces

wildaces Banned

That is why I am not a stat guy. You are never playing on an even playing field. However, intelligence is intelligence. Fitzpatrick's strength, Sanchez weakness, and there is no arguing that.

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Fitzpatrick, is not a terribly astute QB. Period.

He still routinely throws the out route late, which is a cardinal sin of QBing, and he's been playing longer than Sanchez.

PS if he was he wouldn't have been a journeyman before landing in Buffalo.

3. wildaces

wildaces Banned

I said it was my opinion as the Jets bet option, next the next coming of Joe Montana.

Sanchez is the dumbest player I have ever watched play QB, and IMO Fitzpatrick is a much better game manager than what Sanchez is. Garrard ordered his walker, McElroy is physically limited, and Tebow well...

If Manning, or Manning, or Brady, or whoever, it would be my opinion that they might be our best option.

Fitzpatrick should come relatively cheap, and is better quarterback right now than what Sanchez is.

Edit: in regards to his intelligence, I will agree to disagree.

4. JETS2013

JETS2013 Banned

Wait a minute, are we putting Fitzpatrick in the mix now? Ryan Fitz-Tragic, the Bills ex QB? Well I'll be damned. Let me see who else is going to board this train wreck.

5. Hobbes3259

Again with the. Ray darksiders superlatives.

Sanchez. Dumbest? There are three guys in Arizona that Larry Fitzgerald would like you to meet.

6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i guess fitzpatrick must have been asked to throw outside the numbers....

fitzpatrick is NOT a good qb. thats pretty obvious. neither is sanchez.

notice how buffalo released their overpaid sucky qb? i would suggest the jets do the same.

7. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Ryan Fitzpatrick has never played in a big game let alone won one. he is nothing like mark sanchez who helped his team win 4 playoff games.

8. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Well nyJunc you have said that 7,345,899 times now in 109,675 different ways .

9. Ted

Ted Member

In all fairness, Fitzpatrick has never been surrounded by the talent Sanchez was either. Don't get me wrong I think Fitz is not an option for the Jets but Sanchez is playing equally bad or worse then him.

10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

neither one of them is any good. they are both middling qbs who will go from team to team. they will backup guys and they will get a chance to start every now and again. they might even play decently at points. but overall they are just not good.

the thing about it that shines out to me is that the bills of all people realized they made a mistake and have dealt with it. they ate that nasty pill and they will feel better sooner.

the jets pill is just too big to swallow until june 1. i just hope they take their medicine and move on.

11. scarfnation

scarfnation New Member

I would take Fitz over sanchez or garrard anyday. Is Fitz great? no way, but hes the best option. Bills defense was one of the worst last year, he always had to play from behind and force passes which led to INTs. He can play more (but not too) conservative and actually be an effective QB. I think he would be a very good fit in our team, he is a leader and we need a leader at QB.

12. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

That's not the Sanchez on the Jets team. The Sanchez on the team now is the one everyone wait for to make a dumb mistake which he now usually does. Fitzpatrick is not a good QB either but I think he's better than Sanchez.

13. Hobbes3259

You guys are great.

Fitz loses games it's because of the Defense. No mention of his Pre buffalo journeyman. Career.

Sanchez one of 5 guys ever to win 30 in His first 3 years...it's because of the defense. No willingness to acknowledge big play in big spots.

14. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The last 2 years he's had playoff caliber talent around him and hasn't even had Buffalo in the race.

Sanchez played worse w/ significantly worse healthy talent last year. All things equal Sanchez is by far the better of the 2.

The most recent version was throwing to Chaz Schilens, Clyde Gates and company. No QB is succeeding w/ the healthy weapons we had last year, if we surround him w/ talent we know we can win big with him. Fitz surrounded w/ talent couldn't even get his team in the playoff race.

15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Huh? Stevie Johnson, Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller? Scott Chandler is no scrub either.

C'mon man

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

16. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Now we like Fitz really? I am supporting Sanchez but if we are going to replace him at least try a little harder than Fitz. Garrard is much better Fitz and we already have Fitz on the roster McCelroy.

If you guys are going to argue to replace Sanchez please offer up a good QB.

Ryan Fitzpatrick you have got to be kidding me I am starting to think some of you are Dolphin fan or Patriot fans. Get the fan base bitching enough and the Jets will always suck.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

17. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

I am by no means a staunch Sanchez supporter but Ryan Fitzpatrick would not be an upgrade.

18. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Its a pointless move anyway. The Jets won't have a resolved QB situation until they draft a franchise guy.

The way the team is currently constituted, it doesn't matter a whole bunch who the QB is next year.

19. Ted

Ted Member

Johnson yes, Jackson of 2011 yes and Spiller of 2012. That has been the talent. They have had a horrible offensive line for years and the defense has not been close to the 2009-10 Jets in years.

Again not saying Fitz is a good QB but Sanchez over the last 20 games has been equally bad or worse.

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

There's nobody available in free agency who is going to be an upgrade over Mark Sanchez. There are however several people available who would not cause the average Jets fan to throw things at the TV when they make mistakes next year.

It's reasonable to suggest that Sanchez play for the Jets next season given the alternatives and his contract. It's also reasonable to suggest that he has less rope to play with than anybody else the Jets might choose to play at QB. It's also reasonable to suggest that doing so will hurt the Jets ability to market the team and sell their product next season.

What's not reasonable to suggest at this point is that we'll get anything more out of Sanchez than what we've already seen. The high end of his range is what we got in 2010 and 2011. The low end is what we got last season. The odds are overwhelming that we'll get something between those two ranges if the Jets give Sanchez any significant number of reps next season.

Morhinweg's system may raise the completion percentage some but that's neither here nor there as any QB would benefit from the system if that's the case.

The issue with Sanchez and the Jets is that the team and the player have been over-promoted recently and have failed to meet those expectations. For the Jets the answer is to take a more modest approach to setting fan expectations and then meet or exceed those expectations. For Sanchez the situation is much more complicated because you can't set low expectations for him and then have him exceed those expectations. The NFL isn't a place for QB's that you set low expectations for. Those guys should not be on the field if a team has any other choice. The position is just too important to be manipulated for the benefit of a player. It has to be filled for the benefit of the team.

Mark Sanchez may well be a somewhat better QB than what he has shown in the 4 years he has been a Jet. It should be up to somebody else to take on that proposition if they feel it is worth the investment to make the attempt. The Jets gave at the office already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.