QB Possibilities (players already in the NFL)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mambo9, Jan 19, 2013.

?

Who would you prefer to have competing for the Jets starting QB job in 2013?

1. Matt Flynn

25.9%
  2. Kevin Kolb

2.7%
  3. Colt McCoy

4.1%
  4. Alex Smith

23.2%
  5. Michael Vick

6.5%
  6. Nick Foles

7.2%
  7. Trent Edwards

0.3%
  8. Kellen Clemens

2.7%
  9. Someone else please...

27.3%
  1. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Damn, you replied before I edited my post. After the edit, I'm saying that I'm not locked onto Flynn. I'll settle for Jason Campbell or some other QB who is barely in the NFL. Just looking for alternatives to Sanchez (in case he tanks the season again). It can't be Sanchez & the same backup QB from last season.

====
    Also, what's the point of drafting for a rookie QB if you don't believe in them? I'm alright with Geno Smith in the 1st. I'm not OK with whatever QB is available in the later rounds just to fill a need. Don't wanna waste high level picks. Flynn would give Jets an opportunity to add a solid prospect into one of the many holes this starting lineup has. He'd also prevent the Jets from throwing next year's drafted QB into the starting lineup to learn by fire.

Drafting a QB this draft because it's a good draft value is fine. Drafting a QB with 2nd or 3rd rounder just because we need a QB to save the cap space isn't something I can agree with.

#521 ajax, Feb 24, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I wonder if the KC fans are hoping to pry Sanchez away from the Jets!

3. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Browsing NFL forums on other sites, I have yet to see a fan/poster from any team put out anything even close to wanting Sanchez. The production vs. salary guarantees his spot on this Jets roster.

4. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

really? so what! suckchise was the 5th pick of the first round, and brady was pick #199 in the sixth round. must have beeen a reason for that......:lol:

5. mr nyjet

if you get them all drunk enough, maybe suicidal tendencies will emerge.....:shit:

6. mr nyjet

how dare you bring facts into this argument.:eek:hmy:

7. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

We were still down 3 when Hill dropped it. You can't automatically assume that we are going to score a TD. What good would running clock do if we are down 3? We run clock kick a FG and go into overtime?

It was the next drive after the NE fumble that could have ended the game. We were tied and all we needed was a 1st down and could have ran clock and kicked the game winning FG.

8. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2550/carson-palmer

Speaking to CSN Bay Area Tuesday, Carson Palmer admitted his Raiders future is still up in the air.

"Not sure what's going to happen," Palmer said. "Would love to be back in Oakland and compete." ESPN's Adam Schefter confirmed last week that the Raiders want to cut Palmer's $13 million salary, but by how much remains unclear. With perhaps the league's worst roster, it wouldn't be stunning if the Raiders opted to cut the cord on their aging and overpaid quarterback.

9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

If they do, id say bring him in lol...Hes not good anymore but he is way better then Sanchez

10. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

Carson Palmer would be a good pickup.

11. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

Moore resigns
    @JeffDarlington: Dolphins get another one done: QB Matt Moore is sticking around. He has signed a deal to stay with Miami as Tannehill's backup, source says.

12. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Not sure what Moore was thinking here. He really could have gotten a decent pay day from someone looking for a QB. I guess he's comfortable being a backup forever. Oh well. I wasn't sold him, but I thought he would get a decent pay day.

13. Ted

Ted Member

Very interesting decision that I think speaks of a lot of things. His agent probably realizes the market for him and views him as being a stop gap in one of several places. Also, Moore likes Miami and the coaching staff. He probably views it as more comfortable to stay put.

I am surprised yet very happy he resigned. He is a very good back up.

OT: How many years in the USMC?

14. Organized Chaos

Same here, it will be interesting to see what he signed for.

15. rockyusmc2003

Jeff Darlington ‏@JeffDarlington

Dolphins QB Matt Moore's contract is a 2-year deal worth $8 million, I'm told.

-If that's the case. I can see why he stayed. That's a pretty good deal for a backup.

16. rockyusmc2003

I agree. His deal is pretty damn good for a backup. Now it makes much more sense.

BTW- 2003-2007. Signed up the day we announced we were going to war in Iraq and left for boot camp a few weeks later.

17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

You move the chains and take more time off the clock. We were up at that point.

18. Organized Chaos

Bills released QB Ryan Fitzpatrick.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3240/ryan-fitzpatrick

The move comes with a staggering $10 million-plus cap hit, but the Bills didn't see the point in moving forward with a player they had publicly lost faith in. Fitzpatrick has the ability to be one of the league's better backups, but proved time and again under Chan Gailey he didn't have what it takes to be a long-term starter, especially in terms of arm strength. He'll be a backup elsewhere in 2013.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
    Mar 12 - 4:23 PM

So, anyone up for Fitz? No? I didn't think so!

19. PJDA

PJDA New Member

I'd roll the dice with Fitzpatrick over Garard. Better of two bad choices but a little more upside.

20. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

wow, I'm surprised they took a cap-hit that big just to cut him. Thought they were gonna keep him as a backup at least.