Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i thought it was very helpful information.

2. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

The Jets understand this too. They are more than likely looking at this year as a lost season with the upside that a Rex Ryan led D can at least have the team in contention late in the year, just like last year.

It is only the extreme homers that think the Jets think they can "save" Mark Sanchez. They will move on at the first opportunity, be it falling in love with somebody in the draft this year or just waiting for next year.

3. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

You would.......

4. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Realistically, what do you believe the trade market for Sanchez may be?

He has an immediate cap hit of $8 Million, and a guaranteed salary of $8+ million. The chances are we would need to eat most of that as well. However, we could designate him as a post June 1 player and spread it out over 2 years.

It is possible he plays better in the west coast, but the pressure is going to be building on both him and the front office if he doesn't preform.

5. Hobbes3259

There's no trade market for Sanchez.

6. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

The only teams I think would even consider it would be the Cards, because they're desperate, and Raiders, because they are stupid and don't value their picks.

7. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

actually, he can. it's just that suckchise too often does it to the other jersey color on the field. assuming he's far enough away from the guards behind.....:lol:

8. mr nyjet

just think about how much of your current money is eaten up by new York, the vampire state. between income , property, school and various fees and surcharges Albany tacks on everything you buy. now, imagine how much you would have to lose if your income was $4 million.:eek:hmy::sad:

9. Hobbes3259

Except, he'd be living in NJ,...which is no picnic either..but not quite that bad.

10. mr nyjet

has to be not that really close then. my staten island relatives buy their food and gas in NJ, despite the bridge tolls. :breakdance:

11. Hobbes3259

Property taxes are a MFer.

12. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Sanchez is better than John Skelton.
    Great ... let's erect a statue.

And those rookies you alluded to ... one of them is already so far ahead of our 4 year starter, it's embarassing ... and the other one still outplayed him despite the fact he used to be goddamn wide receiver!

But of course ... Tebow was the problem. Because we all remember how efficient Sanchez was before Tebow got here. Remember all those seasons when he was completing 65% of his throws and not turning the ball over at an alarming rate? Neither do I.

Or maybe all those 3 yard runs were the problem. Because when he was playing behind the best running game in the league he was ranked among the Top 10 QB's. Oh ... wait a minute ... he wasn't. In fact, he came within a Colt surrender from making us the first team in history to miss the playoffs with the #1 running game and #1 defense.

Want to try again?

Or maybe just come to grips with the fact that we wasted a high pick on a guy who can't play. It happens. You regroup and move on. You don't keep watering a pile of shit and hope that roses are going to bloom.

In what facet of quarterbacking has Sanchez ever displayed Top 10 talent?
    Great physical skills ... NO
    Good decision making ... NO
    Great leadership ability ... NO
    Maturity ... NO

What am I missing?
    Just take 10 minutes and listen to Tom Brady or Peyton Manning or Russell Wilson or RG III or Andrew Luck speak ... or even Tim Tebow for that matter.
    Do you hear it? I mean "IT"? Sanchez doesn't have IT.
    Are you seriously telling me we can't do better than this guy? REALLY??

#5552 truthbtold, Mar 10, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets have just done a major regime change in large part because Sanchez couldn't get it done in less than ideal circumstances. I'm thinking it's pretty likely that they're in show-me mode with Sanchez at this point.

Given that the Jets are installing a new offense and the skill players aren't going to be all that good my guess is that Sanchez isn't going to be able to ratchet his play up the 10% that he must achieve just to survive, let alone the 25% he'd need to raise it to be a plus for them.

Of all the questions facing the Jets this year the "can Sanchez be saved?" question probably isn't getting a lot of priority in the front office. That was last year's question and nothing effective was done to get it answered in the affirmative and it of course wasn't answered that way.

Idzik and Woody probably view Sanchez as an albatross floating behind the Jets ship at this point and the sooner he drops out of sight the better. Rex may still have a different opinion but I don't think he's going to get much of a chance to make that opinion mean anything this year.

14. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I would rather it be on the West Coast..say like Oakland.

15. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

no they arent.

if they were looking at this as a lost season, they would cut sanchez now, take his entire cap hit now, and look to move forward next year

16. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Why would they take the large cap hit unnecessarily this year if they have the shot at signing 1 or 2 guys this offseason that they will still have for next year? Somebody has to play QB this year anyways. Just because Sanchez is probably better than Brady Quinn/Mcelroy doesn't mean he isn't bad.

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If the Jets cut Sanchez it will be as a designated June 1st cut. They don't have the cap space to do much else.

As to why they might cut him, the simplest answer is that they're in the business of entertaining people by playing well on the field and Sanchez just doesn't fit that. He still had a shot at playing for a fifth year at mid-season last year but his play down the stretch was just putrid for the second year in a row.

At a certain point you just have to cut your losses and start over and that's where the Jets are at QB right now.

18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i would LOVE for the jets to cut him today, however that probably doesnt make much sense with the amount he will count against the cap and the reality that we are already in cap trouble.

i could see him being a june 1 cut too. i hope he is.

if he is a june 1 cut does that make him count less against the cap than if he was cut after the season next year?

19. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

so Santonio was throwing the ball to himself? Interesting, I love these excuses b/c if Sanchez was as bad as you guys say he'd never be able to have success no matter who is around him.

yep, it's an easy formula which is why so many players do it. It's also easy to win 4 road playoff games and get to 2 title games- so easy anyone can do it. Even bad QBs!

So what? Cleveland had just beaten NE and No the previous 2 weeks, Houston was supposed to be a playoff team, Detroit was showing signs of being a playoff contender in the near future,... and let's ignore the playoff game winning drive in the final minute as well.

Of course I do, peyton is supposed to be a top 5 all time QB(although we all know that isn't true).

Peyton got shut out by the 2002 Jets, that's all we really need to know.

I guess your word a day calendar was troll the other day, too bad you don't have one that teaches you football.

20. Hobbes3259

Thx Junc....that was funny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.