17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

if they gave me free preseason or $20 off per ticket (which is only a $10 difference) i would be quite happy. again i enjoy the time spent with family and friends in the parking lot and watching the games.and i did like my seats this year.but that also could always improve

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

actually you are wrong, only because thousands of your type did it.. they bought the sales pitch and figured well fuck it if it goes belly up i will just walk away. so you justified woodys astronomical price structure. had you NOT justified that price structure it would have changed and been lower. but there were enough people like yourself and all of the brokers who made him feel as though his price structure was correct. or at least not bad enough that he needed to change it in more than a few sections.

my hope is that they hound you for the money you owe them if you just up and walk away.

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

The one thing you will never see on TV is the warmups! When my kids were little, I used to LOVE getting into the stadium with them early and we'd sneak into the Lowers right up to the rail. Then we'd sit there for 1 1/2 hours and watch all the players stretching... kickers making 60-yard FGs, etc... "Hey there's Bill Parcells! Where dad?" Even used to watch Bill Belichick throwing "INTs" to corners and safeties... like 20 yards away from us.

That's when you didn't need a Hubble space Telescope to see something on the astroturf.

As they got older, they'd tailgate with us too. You can't do that from your LR... it's just not the same. But everything has a price. Now if you wnat those experiences you've got to suck up woody's prices.

4. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Actually Jerseyboy MAYBE learned a very important thing about our economy which is buy low & sell hi instead of the reverse which is what he did :sad:

5. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I think the problem is going to be that there will be hundreds upon hundreds of defaulters by the time May rolls around. I think that's what Woody's legal and financial advisors are telling him, hence he wouldn't/couldn't answer that guy when asked if he intended to "go after" welchers and reneggers.

I'm sure their waiting to see how many of these they're going to have to deal with and then decide, "Do we let them go and not take the PR hit or is it worth it to pursue and sue the living shit out of them and recoop whatever we can from the ones who do have good credit and not not willing to see it damaged and let the rest of the dirtbags who are uncollectable go."

And of course, this will be weighed against how much money they've already collected. The last laugh will still be Woody's because they can always say, "Well, on average, we collected 35% of the total PSLs and that money's already ours. They'll never see it again. Then we turn around and sell the same PSL to somebody else... maybe discount them like 25% or so to the people in the UD, and we still made money and keep customers while getting rid of the renegging, defaulting, dirtbag stiffs who creamed in their pants so bad they just had to have one of our cockamamie PSLs.

6. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

So we are finally going to see the end of your constant moaning & whining about the tix prices & condition of the stadium etc, etc, etc based on your post? :sad:

7. JetsSec337Lot13B

In all honesty the entire color coded parking is just a big clusterfuck. I don't mind the parking passes because as it is I hate now at 8 am the rush into the lot to tailgate. I'd hate it when they need to break change and the lines get longer. I just wish it was park where you want. I wish all colored parking was created equal.

8. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

The fallacy of the PSL is that it only works when tickets are priced below market. That's the only thing that gives PSLs any sort of value, because it gives you access to tickets that are worth a lot more than you're paying for them. When you price tickets at market or in the case of the Jets way above market, it renders your PSL worthless.

In order to re-establish value to the PSL so people make good on their payments, Woody would have to substantially slash ticket prices. The hit on that revenue would probably not be made up for in the extra PSL revenue which they had already planned on having in the first place (but that they're now going to come up short on). So he's stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Sorry if I'm not shedding any tears (he's still making millions operating a team in NYC in a league capped to make Green Bay & Jacksonville solvent)

9. 17a_tailgater

when was the last PSL payment due?
    when is the next psl payment due?

10. JetsSec337Lot13B

Everyday I go to my Jets account and it's always said 2012. Today for the first time it says 2013 but no invoice. I am guessing it's coming somewhat soon.

11. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

The construction of the current stadium eliminated spots when both stadium footprints were active. That allowed them to change the parking rules by liming the passes - or even having passes, and they've kept it going. It's all Bullsh*t. Marketing ploys. We all knew it two years ago when it started.

Yesterday my "rep" or a Jets "rep" called to tell me the good news that I could get upgrade to yellow parking. He didn't realize they've already played that card to get me to pay my bill last season. Or was it the year before - I forget.

Clowns. All nonsense. All of it.

12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

If you think Woody has issues with PSL's and ticket prices, the perfect storm is approaching and its the Yankees. Things are not looking so good for my boys and even after they won the World Series the field seats between the bases were 1/2 empty except for the Red Sox and Mets. Kinda like the Jet games on the visitors side between the 30's. The Yankee prices are obscene to begin with so if the Yankees tank that place is going to turn into a morgue. Yankee fans, me excluded, are spoiled so it won't take much to bail. This year the rating will suffer but next year, the ticket sales will be in the crapper. George's sons are in it to make money first and be good every year in order to charge crazy money. If this team turns to crap, the Yankees will be in for some serious back lash. Thankfully, no PSL's are involved but the Yanks are held up to a higher standard then the Jets and are hated very much by everyone but us fans. The Lupica's of the world will pile on asap. Pro Sports are in for a reality check, fans have been raped over and over and the river has run dry. No more lovable loser crap, win or i stay home.

13. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

What did he say when you reminded him of that? I hope you asked for a pass on the preseason games

14. JetsSec337Lot13B

Couldn't even sell out ALCS game 1 last season. I used to have multiple plans for them. Whenever I couldnt go I could sell to friends or on stubhub for 4 times the face value. Now it's like having a poisonous stnake. I just keep a single ticket in a 9 game plan next to my cousins 9 game plan to give me presale codes for events I want at the stadium.

15. 17a_tailgater

should be about 2 weeks until we get invoices.
    nothing concrete on price reductions
    definite payment plans again
    i asked about half price parking i got last year.wa told something is in the works for the parking
    relocation will happen again after the 1st payments are made

16. 17a_tailgater

when i asked about people abandoning PSL's was told dont believe what u read.i asked is there a plan in place IF people default? and was told its a legal contract and yes legal action will be taken.

17. JetsSec337Lot13B

Did you get any kind of idea if there is a reduction coming? It would look real bad if they send us invoices so late and everything just stays the same.

18. JetsSec337Lot13B

JerseyBoy good luck in court.

19. 17a_tailgater

when asked there was a hesistation and then the answer of nothings concrete.which i then replied well if they are coming out in 2 weeks dont u think someone should decide?

20. 17a_tailgater

post 17,000 bitches!!!!!!!!!!!