What is with the obsession by the media with QBs that can't throw?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Concerned_Citizen, Feb 25, 2013.

1. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

[​IMG]

Just like Miami Dolphin superbowls.

2. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

Shouldn't you be posting the Manning choke pictures on a different team's forum? I don't think anyone here cares whether Manning chokes or not.

3. Bannon

Bannon New Member

You're mistaken. This sub-forum is infested with butthurt Broncos fans.

4. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

It seems mostly full of upset Tebow fans and tired-of-it-all Jets fans.

5. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Makes no sense

6. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Dolphins Super Bowl wins dropped off like dead flies back in the 70s. It's cool you didn't understand because I got the pleasure of saying it twice.

7. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Concerned citizen cares....... A lot

8. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Pretty sure the point of SB wins is that they don't "drop off". Amazing what being a Tebow fan does to perceptions of real success.

And I don't really care anyways because I wasn't alive at the time so they already didn't matter to me if there was such a thing as "dropping off".

Lmao nice try though. :breakdance:

9. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Yeah you keep telling me you weren't alive for this or that , don't worry you are 12 years old now but you will be 70 and the Dolphins will still be 6-10 every year. Give it time .

10. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Ha! And that will make me a terrible person causing me unbearable unhappiness. It is just football bro. I know it is more like marriage to you with Tebow so I see where you are coming from though. The divorce is imminent so you are so bitter.

I'll leave you alone because to say more would be cruel.

11. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

Butthurt Tebow fans, actually. not sure why the venom toward the Broncos. They gave Tebow an option between a couple of teams to go where he thought he'd thrive. Not their fault Tebow couldn't beat out Sanchez or get off the bench.

Personally, I'm just amused by the hyper sensativity among Tebowners and how they react even to the slightest criticism.

12. Concerned_Citizen

With all the personal shit you Tebowners keep trying to drag in, I'd say you guys care A LOT more...

Oh, almost forgot....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

So let me get this straight, Tebow gets traded and some Denver fans feel the need to sign up on an opposing team's board to spew hate on a player that did nothing but do his best for his former franchise (and quite frankly inject some life and excitement into a season that was going no where) and your wondering why there might be some venom?

Oh and this :

[​IMG]

14. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Best Beach Here is my response:

[YOUTUBE]xQmsBEpDoAg[/YOUTUBE]

If you don't have flash on your device watch it here :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQmsBEpDoAg

#94 CowboysFan, Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  15. Concerned_Citizen

Don't be a Demos.

Besides, Tebow WAS exciting to watch for a few minutes, and downright PAINFUL to watch the other 55 minutes. I didn't think punting the ball away all damn day was really that exciting, but maybe that is just me. Maybe you like punts.

[​IMG]

16. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

I don't get the feeling that all of the "hate" (Tebow fans' term for disagreement of any kind) is really directed at Tebow. It is more about helping an existing fan base see that this is the same silly crap that was spewed on Denver's message board and the same stuff that will show up on a UFL/AFL message board next year. Some of you guys have even come out and said you aren't Jets fans, you are here to discuss one Jet and his role on the team. If those guys are welcome, so is anyone else that wants to participate. Tebow supporters just don't like being called out for trying to be divisive fans of one player.

17. Concerned_Citizen

Apparently Tebow fans are the only ones allowed to follow Tebow around across the internet. Anyone who isn't a fan of his should be silenced.

For me, it isn't so much "hatred" for Tebow, no matter how much these clowns try to make that to be the case. One thing I discovered when Tebow was a Bronco was just how hypersensative they can be at even the slightest criticism.

They remind me of that kid that always sits in the back of the bus. Shoot a spit wad at that kid, and watch him react violently and freaking out on everyone. The teachers come out to bring that kid under control, only to have another come by later and flick an ear or something. Woudln't be fun for anyone if that kid acted normal. That kid is Tebow fan in a nutshell. Never seen such dedicated fans latch on to the nuts of a player quite like that, especially a shitty one. It really is amusing poking them and watching them go off on to personal attacks.

I am guilty of responding to the attempts at personal attack at times, but most of it gets ignored. I don't really do it as much because all I really have to do is criticize Tebow again, and they act like I just went up and kicked their pet dog or something. They probably take it worse than if I attacked them directly, as evidenced by their desperate attempts to get under my skin with personal crap. It's really quite funny when I think about it. Few people would act like this for any other player. I can't think of one other despite the media's attempt to manufacture Linsanity, and others. Closest thing they came to that was Tiger Woods Mania in the late 90's and early 2000's.

Kinda hoping Tebow stays in the league for a while longer. Lots of lab rats for me to poke and prod across the internet, and I'd hate to see that come to an end so soon. Some react with more venom than others though, and those are my favorite.

So you are pretty much correct. It really isn't about hating tebow. It's that obnoxious fanbase, which is probably at least 50% of his problem... aside from him sucking.

#97 Concerned_Citizen, Mar 7, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  18. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

CC, your analogy is funny. I don't understand the passionate defenses of Tebow on message boards. Fans make fun of their players all the time (i.e hilarious Rahim Moore photoshop thread on Donkos message boards) I do not believe any NFL personnel people read these boards and make decisions based on them. Pro Tip for the Tebow faithful: let obnoxious posters like me pop off, ignore it and see how quickly it goes away. Tebow's fate always has and always will be in his hands

19. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) is a personality disorder[1] in which the individual is described as being excessively preoccupied with issues of personal adequacy, power, prestige and vanity. This condition affects one percent of the population.[2][3] First formulated in 1968, it was historically called megalomania, and is severe egocentrism.

Symptoms of this disorder, as defined by the DSM-IV-TR include[1]:
    Reacting to criticism with anger, shame, or humiliation
    Taking advantage of others to reach own goals
    Exaggerating own importance, achievements, and talents
    Imagining unrealistic fantasies of success, beauty, power, intelligence, or romance
    Requiring constant attention and positive reinforcement from others
    Becoming jealous easily
    Lacking empathy and disregarding the feelings of others
    Being obsessed with self
    Pursuing mainly selfish goals
    Trouble keeping healthy relationships
    Becoming easily hurt and rejected
    Setting goals that are unrealistic
    Wanting "the best" of everything
    Appearing unemotional

In addition to these symptoms, the person may also display dominance, arrogance, show superiority, and seek power.[6] The symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder can be similar to the traits of individuals with strong self-esteem and confidence; differentiation occurs when the underlying psychological structures of these traits are considered pathological. Narcissists have such an elevated sense of self-worth that they value themselves as inherently better than others. Yet, they have a fragile self-esteem and cannot handle criticism, and will often try to compensate for this inner fragility by belittling or disparaging others in an attempt to validate their own self-worth. It is this sadistic tendency that is characteristic of narcissism as opposed to other psychological conditions affecting level of self-worth.

Pathological narcissism occurs in a spectrum of severity. In its more extreme forms, it is narcissistic personality disorder (NPD). NPD is considered to result from a person's belief that they are flawed in a way that makes them fundamentally unacceptable to others. This belief is held below the person's conscious awareness; such a person would, if questioned, typically deny thinking such a thing. In order to protect themselves against the intolerably painful rejection and isolation that (they imagine) would follow if others recognized their (perceived) defective nature, such people make strong attempts to control others’ views of them and behavior towards them.

To the extent that people are pathologically narcissistic, they can be controlling, blaming, self-absorbed, intolerant of others’ views, unaware of others' needs and of the effects of their behavior on others, and insistent that others see them as they wish to be seen.

Narcissistic individuals use various strategies to protect the self at the expense of others. They tend to devalue, derogate and blame others, and they respond to threatening feedback with anger and hostility.

Although individuals with NPD are often ambitious and capable, the inability to tolerate setbacks, disagreements or criticism, along with lack of empathy, make it difficult for such individuals to work cooperatively with others or to maintain long-term professional achievements.[18] With narcissistic personality disorder, the individual's self-perceived fantastic grandiosity, often coupled with a hypomanic mood, is typically not commensurate with his or her real accomplishments.

#99 Backup QB, Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  20. Concerned_Citizen

No wonder Tebow fanatics, like Demosthenes9 talk about being so smart all the time.

Thanks BUQB, that explains perfectly why so many Teboners are so self-righteous. :lol: