Report: Matt Barkley met with Bills, Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by neid92, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

Talk is cheap. Actually it doesn't cost anything. Maybe you get someone interested in trading up to 9 to take Barkley.

2. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Anything Lane Kiffin touches, turns to shit. No thanks.

3. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with talking to him. But he's another below average arm QB who had the good fortune to play at USC.

Picking him would be deja vu all over again.

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

not going to panick over interviewing the kid.but i hope they pass, the better qb's nowadys come from lesser talented programs where the qb does not have the fortune of throwing it up to the best athletes on the field that day.

5. JETS2013

JETS2013 Banned

Doesn't everybody talk to everybody at this point?

6. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to the 2nd power lol please dont do this to us again.

7. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Sure I'd take a look at Barkley, but no earlier than Round 3.

8. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

The thought of Jets seriously considering Barkley worries me. Would rather stick with Sanchez (knowing we only need to suffer one more season) than draft Barkley.

9. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

He would've been a steal last year at 16 if Tannehill can go 8 and Ponder 12 someone is going to grab him in the first half of the first round.
    He's probably the most polished college qb who comes into the NFL with plenty of experience in the West Coast offense which is what our new offensive scheme is. I'm not saying he should or will be our pick at 9 but he's definitely an option, Sanchez is a liability for us and would be pretty cheap on his rookie contract he could compete for the starting job next year and take the reigns over when we can finally cut Sanchez after next season.

10. jetlife21

Oh noo he went to USC?!?! we're doomed!!! this way of thinking is stupid you evaluate a prospect on what he can do not what others from his school have done

11. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Im not gonna throw the kid under the bus just because he played at "USC" like Sanchez. They are two diffrent players i dont belive in that same college bs, because thats what it is BS. Id take him over Sanchez at this point

12. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

If he's there the Bills will take him.

13. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

With the first round, pick #9? No way. That is insane. I'd rather go back to Sanchez/Tebow next year than piss away the #9 pick.

We can't throw away early draft picks to play QB lotto. You look at his salary like it's a good deal. However, you overlook that #9 could've landed Jets a stud S, OG, OT, RB, WR. The kind of player that would go straight from the draft board into the starting lineup.

QB is a position of need but don't over reach like that out of desperation.

14. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

Who you taking at 9?

15. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

My preferred choice is Dion Jordan @ OLB. However, Jets can go elsewhere & still get a good value pick. Lane Johnson looks like he'd start @ RT and be a solid upgrade. Vaccaro is looking like a stud safety. Cordarrelle Patterson is a WR with only one year experience but he racked up big numbers in the SEC. He's returned kicks & had quite a few good runs as RB. There's so many prospects better than Barkley at #9. Honestly, I really don't have the patience or desire to list all of them.

If you're seriously asking me who's a better value at pick #9 then I highly recommend you spend some time in the draft forum on this website. Or just spend some time in non-Jets football draft websites. Heck, just type in random names of top prospects into youtube & you'll see a lot of game footage. Then you can make the decision yourself.

#35 ajax, Feb 25, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  16. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

Name a QB they have produced that is worth mentioning? They dont do a good job of developing QB's and Im kind of inclined to say they dont develope players at all, they have had a few players here and there but far to inconsistent. SEC is the conference who makes players and its a higher level of competition

17. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

who? the coach? theres been a few different head coaches, a few more offensive coordinators and probably even more position coaches.

the athletic director? been a couple of them too...

maybe its the mascot as he is the only person who has been around usc for long enough to have screwed up all those quarterbacks.

shit rodney peete was a pretty good qb out of usc but that probably doesnt make any difference just like their past 15 years doesnt make any difference in the talent of their current qb.

how many stud qbs have come out of stanford in the past 10 years? exactly. how about michigan i mean if drew henson and brian griese sucked than tom brady must suck too... i feel really bad for any qb coming out of florida, with tebow bringing him down even though its a different coaching staff and everything.

18. jetlife21

At the end of the day Quarterback is the most important position on the field. If our front office sees him as the guy to take then I'll fully support it I'm not going to freak out just because he played at USC. I'd personally take a potential dominating pass rusher like a Dion Jordan or Damonte Moore, maybe even Ziggy Ansah or Jarvis Jones(maybe not due to injury concerns but complete phenom on the field). I'd also like the value for a player like Star, but if you're going to reach it might as well be for QB. Who would we get at 9 for WR? Patterson? the second best WR on his team last year? RB is just as weak this year at the top with Eddie Lacy and Gio Bernard not being worth a thought at 9. Warmack is interesting but who gets a guard at 9? For safety Vaccarro might work if we lose Landry but he'd be a reach as well.
    We need a player who will us football games with his decision making and mastering of the WCO like Barkely to replace a guy who at times singlehandedly loses us games with his terrible decision making in Mark Sanchez. If we get a Carson Palmer or a Matt Moore as a stop gap solution yeah take best player available at a need but this current group of Jets aren't going anywhere without a leader on offense which Barkely was for 4 years at USC.

19. jetlife21

Carson Palmer. Take out the Manning brothers and the SEC has only put out 2 good quarterbacks recently in Cutler and Stafford. Yeah Leinart was a big flop just like Sanchez has become this season but you can't blame Matt Barkely for them flopping.

20. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

The best way to get Buffalo to blow a high draft pic on a shit QB is to show interest in the same QB.

It worked with Gholston.