Revis vs Sherman

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DemoIsland, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Revis Now Redux

Revis Now Redux Active Member

And thats saying something. If you can BUILD A DEFENSE AROUND A CB, you lock him up. Deion, Charles and Rod Woodson were the only CB's or maybe even DB's in history that regardless of scheme or personnel, would dominate the game.

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Barely.

And in week one when they tried to go outside he took one away, making a catch that Stevie Johnson probably makes on e a season.

3. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

Sherman had a great year, no denying that, but he's now instigated situations with Brady, the Redskins' o-lineman Williams, Roddy White, and Revis. He likes to talk, which is fine. I hope for his sake that 2012 wasn't an aberration and he's really that good. Sometimes guys have great seasons and then fall off the next year.

Overall, Revis is still easily the league's best corner. Sherman's got a ways to go before he truly challenges that.

4. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

It's all about consistency. The kid's got a few years to go before he can open his mouth.

5. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

I hope you drown in Mevi$ spooge, kook. He won't be Jet much longer. Start the clock.

6. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Sherman is good but I don't care for him and think it'd be fuckin hilarious if he gets toasted routinely next year for some reason, we see CBs fall off all the time. His argument that picks and fumbles forced trump constant good coverage is questionable and Revis has made plenty of big plays in his career as well to go along with that constant coverage.

With that said, Revis for D Bowe/B Flowers?

#66 Jake, Feb 22, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  7. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

And exactly what days were these old timer?

#67 GRNYT, Feb 23, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  8. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

EVERY fan thinks there is a double-standard and the media has it out for their team...the posts I read here are word for word the same on other teams boards, just the names and cities change...

9. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

Good point. In addition, offenses game plan against particular pass defenses in particular where the corner is allowed to "roam" rather than stick to a cover zone. Some qb's challenged Sherman deciding it was to thier advantadge to attack what they considered was weak, yet he held his own whereas Revis straight shut down & locked up rec'vrs at the same time DARING opposing qbs to venture upon his "turf".

10. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

Richard Sherman talked all sorts of crazy shit before the Bills/Seahawks game last year about guarding Stevie and measuring himself.

Stevie's line was 8 rec, 115 yds, 1 td. Revis does much better than that.

11. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Yes. If he went against him every week, his stats would be 122 catches, 1840 yards, and 16 TDs....:rofl2:

12. NFL

NFL Active Member

Stevie is probably Revis' biggest opponent, but all I know is that Revis has never allowed a receiver to get 100 yards on him. Not in the entire game, but when their 1 on 1.

13. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Here's at least one good thought if we can't/don't trade Revis:

Idzik will have exclusive negotiating rights with Revis throughout the entire 2013 season. Idzik won't have to worry about any other team making counter offers, etc. There will be no 'bidding wars' with 5 other teams.

Rex Ryan and Idzik will have Revis' full attention for 8 months trying to negotiate a fair deal for both sides.

Plus Rex and Idzik will have first hand knowledge of Revis' recovery and can tailor their negotiations accordingly. No guess work.

You know Revis will publicly state he doesn't want the distraction during the season, but at some point Idzik will offer Revis a mega (but fair) contract that Revis MIGHT sign and retire a Jet.

14. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

That's a dangerous game. If they don't cut a deal with Revis then we walks out the door & Jets get minimal compensation.

Also, what's there to negotiate? Revis camp should've already told Jets what they're looking for. If he doesn't get it, then he'll go FA & see if somebody else will give it.

15. phatnols

phatnols Member

revis got wrecked in that twitter war. All he had to do was say nothing. But he kept talking about twitter followers and other bull....

16. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

^Agreed he looked so foolish. Not sure why he was so offended he didn't play last year.

17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Must have touched a nerve for Revis to even respond.

Says a lot about his bloated ego.

18. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Steiny said it best

if you have to brag about how good you are then you aren't good enough

19. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

or his competitivenes...if i were a jets fan i would be glad he fired back and would hope it lights a fire under him

20. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Find another team whose beat writer called their own draft pick a "druggie". Also find another team whose beat writer adds sarcasm to most tweets or stories in and out of stories? I mean like I said the Jets brought most of it upon themselves.

Ehh I would have expected twitter repsonse. It's good it got to him, something for him to "prove" next year, but his twitter respoinses were weak