Jets to try to trade Tim Tebow

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Dennis, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Passepartout

Passepartout Active Member

Well he sat on the bench for 2012. As it shows he did not have a great season playing with the team if you saw the body language.

2. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

I guess that is something Tebowners have to consider. They are pretty simple minded by saying the Broncos were 1-4 before him, and a playoff team after the switch while ignoring the other 100 reasons why they turned the season around....

Yet they will have every excuse in the world for why Sanchez and Orton never had a losing season until Tebow came along. Tebow is good at ripping fanbases in half, and it seems locker rooms as well. Sure, some players come out and say nice things, but most go by the unwritten rule of not bashing other players and keep quiet... aside from a few anonymous sources or those with a big mouth. Makes it look like most of the locker room is behind Tebow when I wonder if that is really the case. I'm doubting it.

3. Concerned_Citizen

I will ask you this though...

Do you buy that line Tebow sold us that he really didn't know what the Pastor was saying prior to this, and the "new information" was just that... new?

Because I think he fed us another line of bullshit. I think he knew full well what was going on, and backed out only AFTER he saw what a big backlash this was going to turn into if he followed through with it.

Think Tebow told us another fib.

I'm not saying he agrees with everything Jeffreys said, (or didn't say, accroding to one right wing spin writer.) Or that Tebow actually supports every one of those views.

Just saying that Tebow knew what the deal was, and didn't realize just how big of a controversy it would be if he went through with it once the Media looked at his schedule. Either way though, it is looking like his image is more important to him than you seemed to think a few days ago when you told me he's gonna stand up for what he believes in over anything else. Protecting his image won out and he surrendered.

4. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I'm certainly not a Tebow guy,that much is for sure, but if we show Timmy that there's no team out there that wants him at the QB position, why not see what this kid can do as a hybrid TE-RB.
    I'm not sure of his pass catching ability, but there's no denying he is a good "athlete". I'm thinking not listing him as a QB on the depth chart willo also defuse any controversy he brought last season.

Maybe i'm going loony, I don't know, but we do need TE's, that much is for sure.

5. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

Tebow changed high schools after his sophomore year because they wouldn't let him play QB. That was the last time he played a different position. He hasn't played TE in a decade. Meanwhile, guys who have excelled at tight end all of their lives can't make it in the NFL.

A better position for Tebow is being a cancer on someone else's team.

6. hutch2426

hutch2426 New Member

Yes because the jets weren't terminal before he showed up? I guess laying blame on a backup comes with this team too. The Jets fans remind me of being in middle school and passing gas and blaming it on another kid. I guess it's the quickest way to feel better to blame it on your backup than your shittastic QB behind the center. The butt fumble was clearly Tebow on the sideline chanting, this is why other fans consider your team a circus, not because of Tebow but the willingness to blame every variable but the starters for your lack of success.

#166 hutch2426, Feb 23, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  7. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

Yeah, we're a mess right now. That doesn't excuse Tebow. He was bad for the team and needs to go.

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

in a vacuum,this is a good idea. however getting rid of tebow will be symbolic of moving on from the circus that was building and peaked in 2012.

9. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Ok, time to release this guy

10. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Because they would convince him to be an HBack, and work on his throwing mechanics, for an extra dimension.

They like football players.

Like Woodhead.

11. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

He could be a very effective HBack.

And of his throwing was refined even slightly, that would add an extra dimension to the position. Like it was supposed to for the wildcat.

Except the premise of the wildcat is teams don't traditionally account for the QB, when you run the WC now, defenses play 11 on 11. (which is dumb because teams aren't throwing to the QB lined up outside.

12. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I think there's typically a check play if the defense doesn't "honor" the quarterback by sticking a CB over there.

13. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I hope we keep him

I don't love or hate Tebow but his Jersey was only 19 bucks on nflshop.com and I got one.

I wanna wear it knowing he is still on the team :)

14. Concerned_Citizen

Sounds great in theory. Unfortunately, as long as Tebust THINKS he's a quarterback, all this thought about him going to TE ,FB, or RB, simply isn't going to happen as long as he thinks he belongs in at QB. He might have to spend a couple years out of the NFL before he realizes his "platform" isn't as big in Canada, or his microphone isn't as powerful in the media playing for the Arena league.

Hopefully he can find the time this offseason if he can clear enough time out of his schedule for speeches and appearances to learn how to pass. Maybe use some of that time gained by not going to Dallas in April.

15. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Agreed, you can't do both. Get that through his head

16. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

So I only have a knock off Revis Reebok jersey and wanted to get a new Nike one so my sister got me a legit Nike one...but it's a Tebow jersey. She's a Pats fan. What am I supposed to do with it now?

Bitch (just kidding, love my sister...but still...wtf?)

17. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Burn it; it my only serve some use to keep you warm

18. neid92

neid92 Well-Known Member

The following is from NFL Rumors Blog on ESPN.

Compared to current teammate Darrelle Revis, New York Jets QB/personal punt protector Tim Tebow has stayed somewhat out of the spotlight this offseason, despite the fact that his exit from the club seems to be more certain than the CB's. With the league year set to open in a few days, it's a good time to check in on some potential next destinations for the Florida product.

Rich Cimini of ESPNNewYork.com acknowledges that new Jets GM John Idzik made it sound on a conference call of season-ticket holders that Tebow would be with the team into training camp, but Cimini's sources have told him that the club is "actively shopping" the QB, and failing that, will simply release him into the wild.

Some have linked Tebow to the San Francisco 49ers -- who run some read-option packages in their base offense, and need a new backup QB -- but Cimini took it a step further, and checked in with some personnel execs around the league, who believe that there could be a fit for Tebow in Philadelphia, New England, Chicago and Arizona. Tebow would be QB No. 6 on the roster for Eagles, so that seems pretty unlikely, but the others sound logical to some degree. After a one-season career in New York that consisted of an incredible amount of media coverage compared to actual on-field performance, it looks like we'll certainly be seeing Tebow elsewhere in 2013; we definitely haven't heard the last word on this yet.

19. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Can they fucking cut him please

Get this unintentional cancer off my football team already

20. sunbeam

sunbeam Banned

In Tebow's shoes, out of those destinations, I'd hope for New England or San Francisco.

I think Chicago might be a good fit for him too. Their fans would go ballistic, and CC would have lots of people to commiserate with.

I don't have a good feel for Chicago though, especially with the new head coach. No matter how bad he has been at times, Cutler has always had a flash of something great, even if it has never really come out on the field.

And there have not been too many people in NFL history with better arm strength (I think he even beats Ol' Horseteeth himself with that one).

But I also think if I were the Chicago head coach, I could get really sick of Cutler, really fast. It's hard to say exactly what the Chicago locker room thinks of him as an outsider, but he just seems to have the personality that is never going to win friends or support, let alone inspire someone.