Revis vs Sherman

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DemoIsland, Feb 20, 2013.

1. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

lol Sherman is good but Revis is in another galaxy. Sherman is an idiot for posting ESPN stats like that means anything as it pertains to CB play

I love watching Revis play and I hope this motivates him except for the 2 times a year he plays us.

2. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Revis screwed up by even acknowledging this clown. He's just looking for attention. Nobody actually believes Sherman except for diehard Seahawks fans.

3. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

How funny is it that you ridiculous Jets fans defend your players who have been shitting diarrhea from their mouths the last 3 years, but when someone else decides to talk, that player is a "loudmouth" "douchewaffle" "idiot" who is "short a few brain cells" and comes from a "circus" organization where their players "need to be on a leash."

LOL.

Lighten up. Just have fun with it. Your players have been talking shit without backing it up for the last 4 years. If you're going to condone it, you can't bitch when other people do the same thing. I hope you guys were just joking

Oh and Revis is obviously the better player. Sherman can lick Revis' jock. Sherman needs about 3 more years for this to even be discussed.

#23 Bills over Jets, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  4. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

With our luck, we'll trade Revis for Sherman and picks and wind up trading a quiet guy with a over-inflated self worth for a loudmouth with an over-inflated self worth. Neither one of them is worth QB money.

5. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Sherman seems to think forced fumbles and INTs are equivalent to good CB stats. I don't know if he truely believes that, or he wants to use that to start stuff on twitter. Sherman got burnt badly in ATL game alone, wrose than Revis has gotten burnt in his last 3 years.

Revis' worst game is probably the game where he had two picks against Marshall and returned one for 100 yards TD

6. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Sherman is posting those fantasy stats like 99 percent of the posters here :wink:

7. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I was just joking about the circus thing, lol. You know if Stephen Hill declared himself better than Megatron using fantasy stats, we'd be called a circus faster than you can blink.

Sort of funny the double standard in the media, but eh.

8. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

This would be a tremendous amount of luck. There's no way Seattle would trade Sherman straight up for Revis with all of the surrounding factors, never mind Sherman and picks.

9. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Hate to play conspiracy theorist but anyone think Idzik is behind this to try and have it make news that Revis isn't as good as it seems to drive his price down...even if not true the simple conversation on Espn could be a publicity ploy...

It's prob a reach but I find it odd it's a Seahawk.

And i was just told some "random fan" started it w a tweet asking who was better...what's the chance either of them even respond to that (Sherman answered first btw)..idk...if it was premeditated I love our GM.

#29 TurkJetFan, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  10. NFL

NFL Active Member

I have a feeling that that isn't Revis behind that twitter. He's taking shots at people and saying that he'll take their girls.. lol

11. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Take a midol folks.....this was fucking hilarious! Sherm knows he's not even on the same planet as Revis and was just having fun with fans wandering around Bourbon St during SB week. Who'd you rather he comparing himself to? Erick Fucking Smihth?

Just roll with it get the same chuckle he got out of it, and appreciate the almost unanimous thumbs up for our very own Revis Christ! Love the one dude who said Sherm sucked because he was over weight and a pill popper.

Revis must have loved it just from the large number of random fans from ranom teams that immediately picked Revis as the NFL's top dog

12. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I like Sherman, and I suspect that Revis does as well. He does have a big mouth, but he also backs up all his chitter chatter as well. Not the first or last to talk trash.

13. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

You can build a defense around Revis, Sherman is good but is a product of a much more talented and faster defense

14. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

where's this so-called "double standard" except in jets fans heads?

everything he said is true, jets had a feeeew too many braggarts with big mouths and then they cry when it backfires and the media they courted points this out?

guess thats the "double standard"

what's that old kinks song? paranoia the destroyer

15. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Revis is great, but he not worth what he wants to make.

16. JETS2013

JETS2013 Banned

I hate this new age B.S. when every young punk with a cellphone camera thinks he's papparazi or however the hell you spell it, and tweets become news! I saw this on NFL AM this morning getting ready for work and theyspent ten minutes on this.

I miss the days when actions spoke louder then words! Sherman just looking for some attention, and Revis appears too insecure to just say "who the hell are you? I'm Revis, bitch! Fuck off!"

17. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

In 2 years they will begin to fall apart, we all know how this story ends.Shermans a good corner but he gets burnt every now and then. Revis doesnt

18. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

If you can't see the double standard you are blind. The double standard is there mostly because the Jets brought it onto themselves, but it's there whether you like it or not.

19. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

I agree with most posters that Sherman's a good player, but nowhere near Revis right now.

Sidebar: Having watched a decent number of Seattle games, it should be noted that Revis in coverage doesn't contact his receiver after 5 yards as much as Sherman (or Browner). It seems like they call things a lot differently in the NFC West, allowing defenders to contact receivers if the receiver initiates the contact. In the AFC East, that type of touching, which both the Niners and Hawk's secondaries rely upon, is per se illegal and would get flagged. At this point, Sherman's game relies on this type of physical play, and we don't know if he has the same pure cover skills as our team's Revis.

20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

When Sherman locks down Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, and a motivated Randy Moss in the same season get back to me.