Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Going to be 40s tonight and in the morning here!

Winter finally arrives for a day...

2. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Nope..that was the close call for up here in the nyc metro area...storm passed by south..snow all the way to the coast/VIR/NC..then the storm goes off the coast only to phase with the arctic jet stream off the coast and boom..we get tons of wind. Going to be a very windy Sunday for many.

Eastern and Central L.I. get some snow...Coastal Conn. Coastal Mass...and the the storm blows up in the Gulf of Maine..so eastern Maine gets some snow..will a full blown out blizzard for Coastal Canada...lol.

And thats it. Warm front comes through on Tuesday with a mix of precip for all of us Tuesday/ Wednesday and then all eyes turn to the weekend storm which the GFS model has now lost exactly like this storm...goes out to sea..blows up...and a near miss.

Now this is the storm I guaranteed. So lets see what happens.

3. jaywayne12

Little rain and then rain snow showers Tuesday/Tuesday night.

Still keeping an eye on possible significant storm for Saturday night/Sunday. While the models and the experts say out to sea...the models today shifted back much closer to the coast and still think this could be something special.

4. jaywayne12

And just checked the extended European model (it only goes out 10 days but the ops goes out even more) and its showing a whopper around march 2...as does the GFS. Something to watch.

They also showed this weekends storm coming in about 24 hours later..so maybe a Sunday/Monday.

5. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

i'm thinking winter is over

6. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Yup...We only had 2 days of it...:sad:

Back to high 70s/80s we go...

7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Sunday Monday works for me but I am starting to feel like Gordon gecko ,,,,,it is still here but if this weekend is a bust I will start losing that warm fuzzy feeling :sad:
    jay what is " ops " ?

8. jaywayne12

Is spring close..hell yeah..and Im ready for it..but not yet.

The way I look at it there are two more major shots. This weekend storm is going to happen but where does the rain snow line set up? Right now, even those that start as rain will end as snow.

And the models moved the storm back to Sat/Sunday. Sorry to say.

But this storm will happen. The people that get all snow will get over a foot..but where that line sets up is the question.

9. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Winter is coming!

10. jaywayne12

Wow..is it ever. The sad thing for those that want snow is that this setup is perfect..except TEMPS.

TEMPS is the thing that will possibly screw some people out a huge snow storm.

Latest American Model dumps 12 to 18 west of Boston..and rain to late snow and not much for NYC. If the storm gets cranking 6 hours earlier..its a huge difference for many....and Im leaning that way. Not sure if it will be all snow...but I think at least the western suburbs get in the action.

This storm has major potential and as I mentioned earlier...some will get over a foot.

March 2nd storm still looks huge on the models too. And then hopefully...spring.

#3210 jaywayne12, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Local guys are saying really warm temps,,,,also saying it starts Friday into Saturday. Jay let us know the timing and add updates when you have em,,,,,,in laws try and fly out Saturday afternoon / evening :beer:

12. jaywayne12

well its two storms..first one comes through fri/sat..and on the heels is the bigger one. Still looking like rain for this area but the areas west and north...northern pa, south ny state...western conn..mass could really get walloped Sat night/Sunday. Models have been consistant.

They have also stayed on the march 2nd snow storm.

13. jaywayne12

14. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

You have got to be kidding me. Ugh... Another 6-12 for me.. I'm done with this winter

15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

whats it mean for me up here jay?

16. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

This morning

[​IMG]

Hate sunburns.

#3216 HAYN, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  17. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I could look at this picture all day! I had a great time at the Hilton

18. jaywayne12

lol...years ago murrell...I had a great great time at that Hilton. Funny story...won a "trip" and me and a buddy told everyone we were going to Hawaii baby. Ended up being a hoax. So now we were in...opened up our mouths. Got in touch with this girl I used to see who worked for a travel agency and she hooked us up with a 7 day thing.

We did all of our "purchases" in the elevators in that place...ahhh..the young and wild days smoked filled days. Some of the clubs were the wildest things I have ever seen in my life.

ANYWAY..YES...I even think you might be at least on the high side of those numbers as I expect the bigger numbers to sink south another 50 to 100 miles because I believe the models are underestimating the cold air that will be in place for this storm.

The crazy thing about this storm is we have talked about the benchmark where you want storms to cross so you get snow and precip ...the 40/70 mark..long/lat. This storm will cross directly over that mark but it just goes to show you that spring is very close..and you need a lot of help this time of the year on the coast or close to it.

Still think there is a chance for more snow down this way but right now, inevitable changeover to rain at some point..might even start out as snow/sleet....change to rain and rain hard..and end as snow.

This will be a powerful storm...with very windy conditions and some areas in northern Conn and Central Mass will possibly get blizzard conditions too.

Will keep an eye..and again...Im telling you guys....there are two very good chances for major snowstorms/rainstorms in the next 10 to 15 days...after this one.

19. jaywayne12

Hopewell junction is very close to newburgh right? Like a bit east. If so..thats a real tough call area because if the cold air is there a bit more than the models are showing..its lights out.

But right now...starts as snow..changes to rain..back to snow up there I would guess a sloppy 4-6. But Im telling you..that can really change too.

Checking the models now.

20. jaywayne12

lol...now the American model gives the entire states of PA...NJ...NYC....LI...All of Conn!...NO SNOW AT ALL. NONE.

But it gives the Adirondacks 12-18. Even that state of Mass. barely gets any snow at all. Its a skiers snowstorm. Windham and Hunter NY...all the way up to Stowe...will post the link so you do not think I have lost my mind.

LINK:http://forums.accuweather.com/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=192697

Not sure what to make of this run except the GFS has been much warmer than every other model. If the Euro stays the same, I would throw this out..but if the Euro trends warmer...this could happen. Doubt it.