Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Well they really should fix that ugly thing if they're going to evolve. I know it helps with keeping other scavengers off of them when they're feeding but it also prevents cute cuddly pictures that make kids want to save the buzzards.

In our society today the kid-friendly thing is probably more important than the fox-scary thing.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

got 14" up here.

9.5 hours of clean up at the school i work for. luckily the wife shoveled out the driveway.

whats on tap for next weekend jay?

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

brad, you should call the d.e.c. turkey vultures are protected birds of prey. they might want to know whats up

4. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Fuck this storm. We easily got over 30 inches here. I cleared off my front yard in preparation for Monday's rain storm.

5. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

The California Condors say hi!
    [​IMG]

6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Jay for President!!!!!

7. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

do you think thats why its sometimes hard to find a prediction on amounts from places like weather.com?

8. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Joe...you just nailed it.

Perfect example is..and the locals that listen to wcbs radio probably know his name...Craig Allen.

Craig Allen is a very very good weather guy. Now before I get long winded, I had him on the day before the storm and he was going on and on...and finally his minute was over..and never put out an amount.

I have a very good friend of mine that always busts my balls about how weather guys are the only ones that do not need to be close to perfect in their job.

And my response back to him...that finally shut him up was...if you could become that one guy...that one guy that nailed storms pretty close..time after time..you could name your price..name your salary. You could make more than A Rod and Tiger Woods combined.

But that person doesnt exist..and he never will.

9. jaywayne12

Just checking now.

The Valentines Day storm will form..but right now..RIGHT NOW..luckily for our friends up north..it looks to be tracking south. Might be a Virginia, NC, MD special.

But that will change.

Will check that out and next weekend now.

10. jaywayne12

Mondays rain storm will probably start out as a mix of everything and then turn to rain monday morning.

Heres the problem with that. People think the rain will flood with melting snow and be a problem. Thats correct. At the same time its only going up to 42 on Monday. 42 and sun melts snow. Rain and cloudy 42 is a friggin nightmare for people that have all that snow on the ground. It acts like a sponge..and isnt going anywhere.

Remember a Science class I had. Take 4 pieces of ice and put it in a glass and take something out of the fridge and fill it. Put the glass back in the fridge and I can promise you 12 hours later...the ice will not melt much at all and will still be in the glass.

Where the hell am I going with this..oh...so the bottom line is rain on top of what some have will just create pools beneath the snow..and then ice up.

Need the temps in the 50's to make any progress and the Monday temps are temporary. Its getting cold after that.

11. jaywayne12

Man thats an ugly bird. It so fits their nature of survival. Wow...very very ugly bird.

BROOKLYN!! Great to see you were back. I think you ended up with a foot right?

12. jaywayne12

Ok..just looked at models. Since the European model nailed this storm pretty well, it shows the Valentines Day storm staying mostly south with just a grazing up north. The American Model brings heavier snow to our area so will keep an eye on it but right now..I think its a miss as far as major goes.

Cant say the same for the storm next weekend. A bit more agreement with models showing a storm for next Saturday/Sunday...but major disagreements with how big it will be. European Model shows a 5-10 event. But even that model is all over the place run to run.

That should do it....enjoy the Jet game tomorrow. Sundays really suck now.

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I am glad I am not the only one awake at these ridiculous hours :beer:
    Keep us posted Jay ,,, Thursday and next weekend are days away and we know how fickle these models can be especially when it comes to agreeing .
    I luv the snow but man my body is aching from all the plowing / shoveling I did today,,,,,,and tomorrow we go tubing ,,,,,get the Icey hot ready :up:

14. jaywayne12

Hey CBG...will do my friend. Lol..not as young as we used to be! Super sore over here too.

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Rise and shine :breakdance: Hey Jay,,,Silly question,,,the link on the bottom of your page ,,,,,,,what's that about ? Your images ?

16. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Jay

I am flying back today.

Yes we got a foot in Madison per my neighbor. He was kind enough to clean my driveway so we could go to work on Monday morning. We are arriving to New Jersey late tonight.

17. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

live on Ridgedale. def got 12"

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

My buzzards make those guys look like cute fluffy chicks.

Shoveled snow for two hours this morning, which has cleared the porch and steps and half of my car. Bloody snow is drifting like 6 feet deep in places and I have to shovel those drifts to clear the car. :)

19. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Yes, what are the odds?

Chez Br4dw4y
    [​IMG]

20. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

In the end, the answer was: bend over and take it. There was no solution. Everything was cancelled from Friday morning through Sunday morning.