17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

People are knocking down my door for my UD tickets, especially for the Giants/Jets pre-season. Gonna hold on till Summer and stubhub it. Only if I got LL end zone I could have been rich. Day late, dollar short. That's me!!!!

2. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Let's see. I've been to them all. By memory...

We lost to the Bills at Shea, we beat KC at Giants Stadium, we lost to the Pats at Giants Stadium, we beat the Jaguars at Giants Stadium, we crushed the Colts at Giants Stadium, and that's it at home since '81. Five in 32 years.

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

That'll put a smile on Champ's face, guaranteed.

4. Section 227. Row 5

Yeah, I know what you mean. Those Preseason games are valuable as hell.

No... I know your being facetious. LOL But seriously, in the day, those Jets-Giants preseason games WERE worth something. And I used to go to them to watch the new talent. In those days, the preseason games meant something... well... not a lot, not in terms of season record, but at least something. They played like it meant something. and especially the new guys trying to make the team... the August games on a Saturday night in your t-shirt,... they were something to watch.

And in the old days, the STHers weren't forced to buy them at face value, which they certainly weren't worth at the time and have never been worth since. It's only since the greedy cock suckers figured out that if they charge full face for those cockamamie games, they could lasso STHers into having to pay for the entire 10 games at face instead of 8.

Only trouble is, now, the regular season games aren't even worth face. And now they thing they can get away with nailing you face for the 2 extra worthless PsOS, and they are way off base with that thinking.

Oh... the good old days. Nobody fucked with us. And we were happy paying a little bit more and not getting into the playoffs. But after all, we were Season Ticket Holders to the NY Jets! Hey, come on! That's pretty cool stuff, right?

Well, not so today. We're fucking suckers today. Reamed out suckers... fucked over by Woody... taken advantage of by Woody's team of lying dirtbags... by-passed for newbies right under our noses.. lied to and believeing it for the longest time until we realized we were being fucked,... but too late now... confined to Orange Parking oblivion and shitty upper seating and a 4-year program of constantly fighting for upgrades to seats we should have had in the first fucking place.

Absolutely incorrigable.

5. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Noper again you R talking out of your AH which is totally normal for U. The only 1 that counted was the 1st one played in New Haven CT when it was still the AFL vs the NFL & the NYJs had just one the SB. The NYJs won that day by smashing the NYGs & the lose was so horrific to the NYGs that they fired there coach after that game. That game was played by the STARTERs on both for the whole game & JWN even ran in a bootleg for a TD. I would say you seriously should read up on NYJ history or just do not post about the "olden" days since you prove U know nothing of those days. JMHO :sad:

6. Section 227. Row 5

Coming from you, that statement is totally laughable. You're the poster child for talking out of your AH.

When you have something meaningful to contribute to the conversation, maybe someone will listen to you. Until then, everyone on this board sees you as a delerious, bitter, negative, border-line psychotic, hallucinating old AH with nothing whatsoever to contribute positively and intelligently about anything, be they opinions or facts.

I know you see yourself as otherwise, but your posts are comical rantings and ramblings of consistantly nonsensical negative spin. They'd be depressing for the most part, but fortunately your clownish manner allows people to see the face behind the keyboard and realize they're reading the post of an idiot who knows no better, and in this they find humor.

I'd like you to keep posting, because in between the meaningful conversations we have on this board, there's always the comedic relief you provide each and every time you open your fucking mouth.

7. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

well i guess it could always be worse...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-b...ns-turn-winter-warm-event-220646017--mlb.html

I was certain every possible joke about baseball attendance in Florida had been exhausted over the past 20 years. Then I saw the tweet by Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post that included the photo above from the Miami Marlins Winter Warm Up event Saturday and realized we haven’t even scratched the surface.

The Marlins have used up all of the goodwill a new taxpayer-funded stadium gave them just a year ago. They've made many missteps, but the massive giveaway with the Blue Jays turned even hardcore Fish fans against them. And it has left them with a line for tickets that's four people long. That's not including this guy, who wore a Blue Jays cap to the event in protest.

Later on, Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald published another photo from the fan fest that is somehow more depressing than Capozzi's: A completely deserted concession stand:

(Clark Spencer)The Marlins might have more players at camp (74) than fans who showed up to buy single-game tickets on the first day they were available. Seriously!

This is all the doing of owner Jeffrey Loria who, according to these fans, needs to be traded. Now that's a line people would stand in if it would make him sell the team.

8. championjets69

OK so now what is your excuse that you R aware that UDers like U except for next years SB are not going to be in the SB lottery. So either stop your carping since in the end it is all BS cause U continue to purchase ST. If you are so super dissatisfied as you say then instead of giving yourself angst year after year just stay home in your man cave & enjoy them on TV :sad:

9. championjets69

Let C last I remember I was the one who said 6-10 last season while U OTH was posting why not try TT as a way to get us to the SB. Yep such a great knowledge of FB. BTW for U & all those who were not around in the 60s you should go out & get a book named THE Gang Green by a NY Times writer named Gerald Ezkanatzi or something like that & read up on the NYJs during there 1st 20 years or so & just maybe you will become somewhat smarter after reading the book :sad:

10. JetsSec337Lot13B

I've had season tickets since 1991. Only two home playoff games for me. The Jags in '98 and then in '02 vs the Colts. The Colts game was the wild one where I was one of the few people who actually paid my playoff invoice before we lost to the Bears and everyone was convinced we had no shot of a home playoff game.

11. JetsSec337Lot13B

Not sure why everyone wastes their time with Champ. I'm pretty certain he has been or should be classified as emotionally disturbed. Maybe the Internet is his therapy to prevent him from doing something stupid.

We can tell right away by how he types that there obviously is an issue. Maybe he lives in a mental institution in Texas and he gets to use the computer for an hour a day who knows but it's pretty scary the crap he types on here.

12. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

he may just be old.

if he were 18 in 69 and he has been waiting for 43 years he is in his 60s but 61 year olds typically dont have dementia yet.

yeah im with you on the mental institution, he probably doesnt even live in texas just says he does so he has a reason not to go to the games. maybe he never even had tickets and this is all just some bizzarro world type stuff.

i couldnt find the thread that listed all the ages of all the members, that was a cool thread someone should try to find it. the 60 seconds between searches function made me stop searching as it annoyed me.

13. Section 227. Row 5

I've tolerated him for years and always thought him harmless (and still do). His rantings were hurting no one and were easy to take with a grain of salt. But within the past year, all it is is a series of personal attacks... on everyone! Come on now, this thread is more valuable than that. This thread has been an invaluable source for guys interested in everything Meadowlands Stadium, from seating to renewals to upgrades to whatever. I just don't like seeing the thread contaminated with worthless hating drivel.

The guys who come here for stadium information deserve better than to fight thru post after post of worthless, meaningless, false accusations of by-gone imagined "attacks" and other such nonsense like being able to predict the Jets' future record as total losers and if you don't agree then you have to wade thru page after page of utter, sheer ridiculousness.

Honestly, there ought to be a way for an entire board to put a poster on "ignore." In other words, en masse, be able to have a way of him figuratively sitting in a corner and basically talking to himself.

14. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

Ha, agree. He is a fucking tool. I don't every read his posts anymore. Not worth the calorie burn...

15. no psls

no psls Banned

I've also been at all five games . The Bills game at Shea was great because we had seats behind the center field fence (the old Mets picninc area) . We were so close to the field that the kickoff returners could hear us taunting them . One guy from the Bills even gave us the finger . :buffaloblows:

16. championjets69

If this thread is so valuable as U allege why do U then mislead everybody in this thread instead of telling them look just do as I do as I say not as I do. Really 2 faced if U ask me :sad:

17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Shit, I didn't pay my playoff invoice for the Bills and the Colts but got tics to both. I still think the 1981 team could have won it all if it came back from 24-0. Richard Todd lobbed that damm pass to Gaffney who was wide open.

18. JetsSec337Lot13B

I don't know if this board has an ignore feature or not but if everyone who regularly contributes information here could just agree to not reply to him it would make things easier on here. Sometimes you want to find something out and instead you read five pages of abbreviated posts until you find what you need.

19. JetsSec337Lot13B

In 1981 I was 1 lol. I remember in 2002 everyone waiting outside ticketmaster outlets in huge lines for tickets. As the week went on prices dropped.

I went to CD World (it's gone now) in Menlo Mall to try to get tickets for a couple friends. Funny thing is ticket prices on the secondary market for that game were cheaper than prices for regular season games now.

20. Section 227. Row 5

This is probably the way to go if we want to preserve the original intent of 17a's thread. And I do. I hope everyone else does.