17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

oh man running around in a banana hammock in 45 degree weather is not my idea of a good time.

http://weatherspark.com/averages/31081/4/8/New-York-United-States

this says typically mid 40s with all the heat from the day lost by 9pm. its gonna be freezing out there for those poor souls who havent gone to the stadium a hundred times and dont realize what 45 degrees feels like with cold cement under your feet.

honestly i hope it rains. and is 40 degrees and its just completely fucking miserable. idiots

there is a 48% chance that it will rain at some point during the day, a 25% chance that it will be moderate rain.

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

3. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

How about freezing rain throughout the day and up until halftime. Then let the temperature drop to a crisp 29 degrees. Sounds perfect for an outdoor super bowl

4. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

This sounds like the day out at Shea when OJ Simpson broke thru 2,000 yards and the Bills kicked the shit out of us.

When we got there the temperature was about 32 and there was a light rain that turned to snow about an hour later, so now you are soaked, right down to your socks. Then the wind picked up and the temperature dropped to like 25 degrees as the sun started to set. The damp freezing wind coming off the bay felt like a wind-chill of about 15. And with all that wet cloathing on, it was freaking miserable.

Then we had to take the train into Manhatten and switch to the Jersey line. You were frozen to the bone and the windows on the railroad car were all fogged up on the inside because of all the wet clothing everybody was wearing.

The loss, coupled with all the Bills fans that were there and all the cheering for OJ going over 2,000 yards and what a freaking nightmare of a Jets game. SOJ was just an infant back then but already that ugly little baby was wreaking fucking havoc.

5. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

No weather could possibly be as bad as the Denver game in 2008. I've been to many bad weather games, and that one was the worst. Other than a firestorm with acid rain, I don't see any weather being worse than that.

Oh by the way, Favre was miserable that day since he didn't care that much, and that loss killed us.

6. Section 227. Row 5

Favre was a Rent-A-Quarterback, here for one reason... to nail as many Flight Crew as possible. One of a long line of ongoing decision fuckups by the NYJs.

7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I had 2 rain coats and rain pants and still was soaked.I wish that weather on the 2014 super bowl, people would not go if that bad.

8. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

Wow I totally forgot about the Denver 2008 game.HOLY SHIT BALLS.

9. Section 227. Row 5

Well, they'll probably go if they spent $3,000 per ticket. But what'll be interesting is the scalpers' ticket prices the closer you get to the game.

If the tickets are selling for $3,000 and 4 days out the weather bureau is predicting a massivbe Nor' Easter with blinding sleet and hail and roadways blocked and accumulation predictions in the 3'-5' area with wind drifts predicted to 6'-7' or so, it'll be hilarious to see how those fucking $3,000 seats quickly become $1200.

I mean, we know what the northeast is like. Some of these redneck crackers from Atlanta or oil guys from Houston don't have a clue what a real blizzard looks like in person. You park your fucking car in the morning on gameday and by 11PM that night, when all the hoopla is over, your car is history (if you can even find it) after the plows have fucked you over but good.

10. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I'm living about 2 or 3 miles from the stadium these days, and wonder if I'd go down there to try and land a "cheap" SB ticket on game day if the conditions are rough. But, the more I think about it, why would I? Think of the great Super Bowl parties you've been to, or good times spent at home watching. Then, refer to your knowledge of our upper deck and all of it's "amenities". (sarcasm)

Unless I decide I can't live without Nona Fusco's Meatballs, there's no way I'm spending much on that.

11. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

No tailgating allowed in the lots for superbowl. You get there 4 hrs. before the game and head in. Its takes forever to get in. Imagine the surprise when people go to the UD and there is no bar/restaurant to hang in before the game. In fact. you are not protected from the cold or wind in the corridor. Imagine 3 hrs. to kill before kickoff and its raining and 38 with nothing to do. If there is a god.... make it happen.

12. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Just a random observation that unlike every other thread on TGG that dies within a week at most, this mutant thread keeps on ticking 24/7. Well done on almost 17 thousand posts and counting

13. baamf

baamf Active Member

No tailgating!!!! I didn't know that. There goes any idea I had about trying to score something "cheap" just to check off going to a SuperBowl on my bucket list. Might as well wait for it to go back to Nawleans or South Beach where at least you could have some real fun, tickets or no tickets...

14. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I will never go to the Super Bowl unless the Jets are in it so I probably will never attend. In fact, thanks to Woody giving his suite buddies tickets, if the Jets are in, the chance of me winning the lottery are slim to none. It was on the reasons I became a STH, playoffs and Super Bowl. What a joke huh. How many home playoff games since 1981? Maybe 6-8?

15. Section 227. Row 5

Yeah, it would have been nice. That was one of the reasons why I was a STHer all these yers too.

You never know about the future, but man, it's been a real dry spell for us.

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Let me see if I got this right , a Superbowl , a year from now, in the north east @ MetLife Stadium ? Out side in the elements in February ?

That's pretty funny stuff :lol:

17. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

So then why are U still a STHer since you are aware outside of the special condition of the SB U R exempt from obtaining SB tix? BTW if any UDer is lucky to win those tix I would post them on Craigs List of the 2 teams playing since for sure, sure like death & taxes the NYJs will not been in the 2014 SB & the owner of the tix could then make a killing :sad:

18. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Oh well in 98 when we played Den in the AFCCG I live in FL only 70 miles fronm the Stadium where the SB was played that year & I also had my letter that I had won the lottery for SB tix. Sigh :sad:

19. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I had my letter for the SB once, the AJ Duhue game. Man, that should have been my warning. Champ, I am not explaining myself for the 12th time on why I am still a STH. If you have to ask, you don't get it.

20. Section 227. Row 5

You don't own your tickets for the sole purpose of selling them to "tenants?"

And once your "tenants" are gone you bail?