My biggest Jets diappointment

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KyleJetfan, Jan 29, 2013.

1. 74

74 Well-Known Member

My favorite Jets moments are when the patriots and dolphins lose.

2. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

There are so many moments to choose from, I honestly don't know where to start. Probably the 2010 season, I guess

3. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Plenty of great moments during the 80's, but this thread is about the biggest disappointment. My biggest disappointment was the ending to the playoff game against the Bills in 1981. That season began so terribly then we turn it around to become the best team in the NFL heading into the playoffs. It was during this season that the NY Sack Exchange was created. The only good thing about that Bills game was it prepared me well for all the heartache I was going to feel watching the Jets over the next 31 years. I still remember writhing around on the living room floor in agony after Richard Todd threw that pick. What a kick to the gut. Even though all of us probably knew he would throw an INT.

4. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

Has to be 2011 AFCCG

So much controversy with the team all year(DUI, foot video, etc)
    The "us against the world" fee;
    The win over the Patriots
    Bart Scott's interview
    Mark Sanchez looking like he's ready to take the next step

All the momentum in the world for us just to have us come out flat in the first half. Not to mention the fumble that should have been an incomplete pass. Also Schotty's playcalling at the goal line

That 3rd down play... if we got the stop I know we were driving down the field to score. That was the last game I ever had faith in Sanchez

5. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

That was Herm. He had a hard-on for Lamont for some reason and was determined to run Martin even if he had to put him in a fucking motorized wheelchair. It was clear Curtis was fatigued and beat up but oh no... keep Lamont on the bench.

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

At the time, there were several posters, one of them still posts here regularly, who really had a crush on both Herm and CM. They would argue the playing time issue ad naseum. They were Herm acolytes and to this day, would still argue his merits till the end of time. That was just another in a long line of bad decisions made by this franchise.

For the newer fans remember this: Darksiders didn't start out that way. The Franchise created us, strengthened us in our resolve, and now has to deal with two fanbases. The newer fans who only see the last 5 years or so, and the older fans that have decades of experiences to remind them of the history of the team.

I'm a darksider and damn proud of it. I don't buy into bullshit. I don't count AFCCG losses as wins nor do I consider 8-8 a winning season. I've already seen a Jet Superbowl and truly wonder if I'll live long enough to see another one. I'll leave it to you newer fans to kdep the faith. I'll put my faith in results over hype every time.

End of rant/

#126 Cman68, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  7. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

id still like to punch herm edwards in the face.

i am a darksider, but i dont like the term sojf so i dont really use it.

this organization has given me many many reasons to be a darksider over the past 33 years or so.

8. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Reading the board is a close second to the Kotite years.

9. JetD

JetD Member

The Cleveland playoff lose thanks to Gastineue....and the 98 lose at Denver when we were up at half with Parcells as coach...........also the 70 playoff game against the Chiefs when Mike Battle fumbled the fucking punt.......or how bout when Klecko blew out the knee up in NE in 86....or the Todd fiasco in 82.......how bou when we drafted Carl Barzliouskis no.1 one.......when we let HOF John Riggins walk......this team.......wow..god bless us all for still loving them

10. Hobbes3259

What no Mo Lewis puncturing Drew Bledsoes lung?

11. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

While I realize, for obvious reasons, that is bad with Brady etc, I can never be mad at Mo. He's still one of my all time favorite Jets. Have 2 jerseys of him. A kelly green and an authentic reebok.

12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

well that really made my night. thanks a lot.

13. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Great post. I love your ability to put us old Darksiders in perspective. Asshat Sunshiners like Barcs who think you can't criticize any facet of the team without being a darksider drive me crazy. It's hard to argue with new fans who think 2 straight AFC title game losses are a wonderful thing. Read any post I have here about my Dad. He's old, sick and has lived longer than docs thought he could. He always wanted to experience a JETS SB with me. We both know it won't happen.

That being said, people that are Jets fans for 5 years want to bitch when I am negative towards the team.

CM....I'm jealous you got to see them win. I can't lie. I have the Mudbowl, '98, '09, '10 and all the absurdity in between.

Like you, I may be a darksider but I will always root for the Jets with all I have. Maybe one day. Maybe.

14. Hobbes3259

He only said what you feel.

Boomer hung up on me before I cou,d ask Carton, who threw two picks in the fake spike Game....:rofl2:

15. LockDown

LockDown Member

every championship game that the jets have lost... 1-4 in those games

16. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Well said on all

17. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

Go be a Browns fan then. I've been a fan for 20 years and I've seen all the stupid BS this team has done and I've endured some rough times but I don't cry about it. I am objective. There's gonna be good and there's gonna be bad. That's just how it goes.

Always going to root for this team through the good and the bad. Always have and always will.

18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Lets get something straight right here, right now. You don't get to tell anybody who to root for. Who made you King? As far as Im concerned, Ill root for this team as long as I please AND when they fuck up, I'll call that out too. I really couldn't give a fck if you don't like it. Thats what the ignore button is for. Now take your holier than thou attitude and gently shove it where the sun don't shine.

19. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

True that. Great post.

20. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

That cracked me up. Well said on both posts(Cmann too).