My biggest Jets diappointment

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KyleJetfan, Jan 29, 2013.

1. danangmarine68

danangmarine68 New Member

I've seen a lot of football in my 68 years, both college and NFL. Though there are many instances of disappointment, for the pure visual effect my vote goes to the 2012 Thanksgiving game. It has been burned into my feeble brain cells where it will long remain.

Unless you have burned the shitters in a combat zone, I highly suspect that "You don't know shit" either.

The Mad Bro

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You're a Tebow worshiper. Who cares what your self-professed feeble brain cells think?

And yes, I have killed combatants. I just don't brag about it or let it define me, "danangjackass".

#82 abyzmul, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  3. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

When you have as many last second miracle wins as we did, and you just beat Manning and Brady in their buildings, you're supposed to go to the Super Bowl in that kind of season. It seems to happen to every other team that gets on that kind of run ... but not us. And not only to fall short, but to be down 24-0 in the first half after being so psyched and confident all week, was completely spirit-killing. And our team was loaded with talent ... 24-13 under Rex at that point.

2010 should have been our year.

4. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

Greatest dissappointments? there' so many to choose from

All AFC Champ games in this order

1)Mud Bowl- I was a kid, I cried.
    2) '98- Jets were a better team had the lead and blew it
    3)Indy- Couldn't believe they had the great 1st half, then gave up the late Td and i knew it was over at that point
    4) Pitt- After the huge Pats win, couldn't believe how flat they came out

After that

1) The Brien game....had to literally walk around outside my aprtment complex at the time to get over it....my now wife, then fiance thought I was nuts.
    2) The Cleveland game- one of the more unbelievable losses ever. Luckily during my HS years and I was more interested in girls than the Jets, that was the only thing that kept this from top of list.

Vinny going down, Chad getting hurt in pre season, Blair Thomas, Kyle Brady, Browning Nagle.......more recently Santonio Holmes andd the Tebow circus & Sanchez

really? why am I a fan of this team

oh and can i add 2 Pats-Giants Super Bowls to this list!

#84 tcrock, Jan 31, 2013
  5. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

My biggest disappointment was 2000 when we had 4 first round draft picks and we didn't become a dynasty. We didn't do a thing and sorry to say Tannenbaum was around then. We should of ruled the AFC East for a decade at least. As far as Doug Brien if the game came down to a field goal then we shouldn't of won the game anyhow. That game we didn't show up for the first half and the week before Doug did kick the winning field goal.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

we had a pretty good decade but NE got this Brady guy to shift the power to them.

The problem was Parcells's drafts the previous 3 years and the cap hell he left us in killed us.

7. rinvesto

rinvesto Well-Known Member

1. Mud Bowl game, we were a better team than Miami.
    2. Loss to Cleveland in 86 divisional round-up 10 with 4 minutes to go, roughing the passer call
    3. 98 loss to Denver, up 10-0 at half, they interviewed Namath at halftime from his house in Florida and he said were going to get to the big game, would have crushed Reeves and the Falcons as we did earlier.
    4. Doug Brien loss to Pitt in Divisional round-miss 2 fing field goals to beat that team finally in Pitt and get to the AFC championship
    5. Pitt AFC Championship-coming out flat in the game, how did that happen

8. danangmarine68

danangmarine68 New Member

I have never stated that I am a "Tebow worshiper", those are your words. This has all been debated over in Tebowmania, I was just adding my $.02 to the topic of this thread. I continue to find it annoying that you are so quick to spout profanity and resort to name calling instead of intelligent discourse. I never bragged about my years in the Corps but I am what I am, an old Jarhead. If that bothers you then thats not my problem.

The Mad Bro

Ok that's enough of this. Both of you knock it off.

Management

#88 danangmarine68, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2013
  9. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

That type of thing ever happenining again to any team will be nearly impossible. Only thing better than that was Herschel walker trade. We won the division maybe once in the decade and it was like some three way tie by default we won

10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

all 4 players became good players too but Abe was always hurt, Chad was always hurt and becht was 1 dimensional(could block but not catch). we also got Coles in that draft.

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The lack of self awareness in this post is hilarious.

12. abyzmul

That would be a double post

#92 abyzmul, Jan 31, 2013
  13. abyzmul

http://timtebowfans.forumotion.net/t243p225-almost-got-banned

I don't need you to tell me. I am about one thousand times more intelligent than you.

Your two cents aren't worth a half a handful of pocket lint.

By the way, by assuming that I never "burned any shitters" and using it as some sort of standard, you are bragging about having done something. You are just too pathetic to realize it.

Maybe you should just go do some heroin. Because nothing on a message board will equal the high of killing a man in combat. If that's really what it was.+

Ok that's enough of this. Both of you knock it off.

Management

#93 abyzmul, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2013
  14. RexLuvzSnax

RexLuvzSnax Member

Honestly I will have to say this last jets "window" starting from the 4-12 season and the draft where we got brick and mangold.

It saddens me that we are in basically the same position we were in 2006. Never really want to believe in the SOJ mantra but that is pretty much the
    definition of it.

Next year could be worse :sad: Hopefully Idzik can right the ship. I will trust him like I have with all these other FO decisions, lets just hope we don't end back up in this same spot in a couple years.

#94 RexLuvzSnax, Jan 31, 2013
  15. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

AFC champ game against the Broncos. That was the best Jets team I've ever seen. They were the best team in the league in my opinion that year. Vinnie was lights out, Curtis was a beast, Keyshawn was a force and Cherbet was great, too.

To give a game like that away was awful.

16. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Idzik hopefully will build the football team the legitimate way, no more short-cuts, no more stupid stop-gaps. I think we took a couple steps back, but I think the RIGHT pieces are being put together here. We aren't the SOJ. I think we finally made the right decisions here, and hopefully we reap the benefits a little down the road.

17. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

04 in Pitt
    11 in Pitt,not sure if they are the worst,or just because its recent memory.

09 sucked,but being a new regime i had the "bettter things to come" mentality. When we lost in 11,it had the feeling that it would be a while again

Honerable mentions 86,98 and vinny going down in 09

18. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Let the nam vets argue! Don't you people have any respect? They spilled blood for this country so that they could call each other dickheads whenever they wanted. They fought for that right, this ain't a commie rice paddy , this is the gang green forums, a totem of American patriotism!

P.s. fuck the patriots

19. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Abysmal and DanangMarine68, can't we all get along? Nam vets and Jets fans... that's a hell of a combination. Come on guys.

Section 227, Row 5
    82nd Airborne Division, 1968
    ARVN Combat Advisor, Kien Binh District
    Kien Giang Province, Mekong Delta, 1969
    1LT Airborne
    Bronze Star
    CIB

Gun Owner: .45 Caliber Remington Rand

20. abyzmul

Oh get over it. It's likely Backup QB pretending to be a Vietnam vet. Take Cman's advice and cut that bait into the water.

BTW

S&W longnose .44 magnum
    9mm g-19
    .45 21sf
    AR15 with every mod you can imagine
    Kel-tec SU-16c
    AH Fox
    Winchester 97
    DE50TG TS desert eagle

#100 abyzmul, Jan 31, 2013