RAMBO's First Ever Mock Offseason

Discussion in 'Draft' started by RAMBO, Jan 28, 2013.

1. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Front Office/Coaches
    GM: John Idzik
    Head Coach: Rex Ryan
    OC: Marty Mornhinweg
    DC: Dennis Thurman
    ST: Ben Kotwica

Cut
    Jason Smith: Saves 12M
    Calvin Pace: Saves 8.5M
    Bart Scott: Saves 7M
    Eric Smith: Saves 3M
    Sione Pouha: Saves 3.8M
    Tim Tebow: Saves 1.5M

Our Free Agents
    "Laron Landry: Resign
    Will be asking for a lot but we need him if we trade Revis"

"Dustin Keller: Let go
    Asking for too much money time for a new age at TE"

"Shonn Greene: Let go
    Draft is deep in RB and he will be asking for big money too and he doesn't fit our new offense"

"Mike Devito: Resign
    quality back up and a great guy in the locker room and a leader"

"Yeremiah Bell: Let Go
    Age and money"

"Austin Howard: Resign
    Decent RT and we can give him a full offseason with the starters"

"Brandon Moore: Retires
    I think he retires will be missed in locker room"

"Matt Slauson: Resign
    quality depth unless he asks for starter money"

"Braylon Edwards: Resign
    cheap, depth and will be a familiar face to a new look Jets team"

"Jeff Cumberland: Resign
    Qualiy TE and good backup, bad blocker butgood receiver"

"Nick Folk: Resign
    quality kicker and cheap"

"Chaz Schilens: Let go
    sucks"

"Bryan Thomas: Let go
    age, fresh start at OLB"

"Lex Hilliard: Let go
    sucks"

"Joshua Mauga: Resign
    depth, cheap"

"Tanner Purdum: Resign
    depth, cheap"

Other Free Agents
    "Delanie Walker, TE, 49ers
    Walker is a very good TE good blocker and receiver and I think will walk from SF due to Vernon Davis but may ask for a good chunk of money"

Trades
    "Darrell Revis to Den for 1st (28), 2nd (59), 3rd (91) and conditional 2014 pick
    I think Denver needs Revis (remember the Ravens game) and will have to give us more due to their low pick in each round They are in win now mode due to Peyton's age and will offer the picks needed to get the deal done Yes they have Bailey but he is getting older and his play is declining"

"Trade 1st (9) to ATL for 1(30) 2nd (61) and 2014 1st
    ATL will need a CB (Milliner) after losing out on Revis and have been known to make bold moves (Julio Jones) They also have to jump ahead of TB who also is in the market for a CB I see us doing this because the dominant pass rushers are gone"

Draft
    "1st (28): Gio Bernard, RB, UNC
    Bernard is my favorite prospect in the draft He is a dynamic runner with a burst when he gets the ball, a decent receiver out of the backfield, a solid punt returner (eventhough usually the starting RB isnt a punt returner), but most of all a great pass protector. He is the full package and the Revis deal solidifies his spot on the NY Jets"

"1st (30): Barkevious Mingo, OLB, LSU
    I think Mingo will fall dramitcally and will have a decent combine but ""experts"" will find out he is late first round material and not #9 material We can take a chance on him in the 30's because he is a bit of a project but hopefully Rex can coach him up He is raw but could become a stud pass rusher"

"2nd (40): Stedman Bailey, WR, West Virginia
    Bailey gives us much needed depth at the WR spot not for this year but next after we cut Holmes so we can ease him in this year and not rush him like Hill He is a playmaker at the WR position and would help out Sanchez this year and whoever is our QB next year"

"2nd (59): Barrett Jones, OT/OG, Alabama
    Jones gives us a starting guard which is a huge hole right now and would also provide depth if there were an injury since he can play all the O line positions He is a very good run and pass protector and comes from a powerhouse team in Alabama"

"2nd (61): Brennan Williams, OT, North Carolina
    Williams senior year ended easly but was Bernards lead and one of his best blockers before the injury He is an above average run blocker and a decent pass plocker"

"3rd (73): Phillip Thomas, S, Fresno St
    Thomas has very good hands and is a ball hawk which we need now without Revis and is an exceptional tackler, great closing speed and a big hitter "

"3rd (91): Tyrann Mathieu, ST/CB, LSU
    Mathieu could be the steal of the draft he is a dynamic punt returner and we need one badly, he adds depth the the defensive backs and is a ball hawk as well as Thomas don't forget he was a heisman finalist 2 years ago so the kid can play if only he could quit the pot smoking but still great value in round 3"

"4th (104): Brandon Jenkins, OLB, Florida St
    Jenkins gives us another solid pass rushing LB He is a stud and fell due to injury and I think is a steal in the 4th he may be gone by then as most see him as a 3rd rounder but I think he falls a little more due to the amazing defensive talent in this draft"

"5th (135): Brian Winters, OL, Kent State
    Winters is a decent pass blocker and a good run blocker he may rise come April but I think he is underrated He like Jones adds depth since he can play both guard and tackle "

"6th (168): Brandon McGee, CB, Miami
    McGee has good size but needs some work on covering receivers He will add good depth to our new look CB crew"

"7th (199): Zach Line, FB, SMU
    Line is one of the best FB in the draft He is a hard runner and a exceptional pass protector He will be able to start day 1 and could be useful on 3rd or 4th and short"

Opening Day Roster
    QB: Sanchez, McElroy
    RB: Bernard, Powell, McKnight
    FB: Line
    WR: Holmes, Bailey, Edwards
    WR: Kerley, Hill
    TE: Walker*,Cumberland, Smith
    RT: Williams, Howard
    RG: Jones, Slauson
    C: Mangold, Schlauderaff
    LG: Ducasse, Winters
    LT: Ferguson

DE: Wilkerson, Devito
    DT: Ellis, Harrison
    DE: Coples, Devito
    LOLB: Mingo, McIntyre
    MLB: Harris, Mauga
    WLB: Davis, Bellore
    ROLB: Jenkins, Sapp
    CB: Cromartie, Mathieu, McGee
    CB: Wilson, Lankster, Berry
    FS: Thomas, Bush
    SS: Landry, Allen

K: Folk
    P: Malone
    ST: Purdam
    KR: McKnight
    PR: Mathieu

#1 RAMBO, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  2. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

Honestly, the Keke Mingo saga reminds me ALOT of Coples a year ago. With his most recent year not matching up with his career tape. I don't think Mingo is lazy but her certainly did not play well this year, and it has nothing with any physical short commings

3. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

If this were to somehow happen, I would personally be very happy with the draft.

With that said, I don't think Mingo, Jenkins, or Line last to where you have them. (Note: In my mock, I have Jenkins in the 4th as well, but I now think he'll go earlier). Switching Jenkins' and Mathieu's spots might work in this mock though...

But if this were all to happen, it would be a great start to the rebuilding process

-----

Also, I don't think thats enough compensation from Atlanta. Going off the trade value chart thats 912 points (the 30th pick is worth 620 and the 61st pick is worth 292 ... the 9th is worth 1350). This is still a 438 point difference. Maybe a 2014 first or second round pick in addition to the 2013 first and second would even it out

#3 dwalsh, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  4. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

I am new at this process but is there a place i could look up the draft value chart

But when i was doing the Atlanta trade i was thinking either there third or a 2014 pick 1st or 2nd

5. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

http://walterfootball.com/draftchart.php

and from my understanding - when valuing a future pick, you tend to take the next rounds value in points (so 2014 1st round pick would be equivalent to 2013 2nd round pick)... someone with more knowledge, please correct me if i'm wrong in that assumption

6. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Just heard this today as well John Elway says Darrelle Revis is the missing piece and he will try hard to convince Owner Pat Bowlen to trade for him according to SI's Peter King

7. swifty1021

swifty1021 New Member

That's a lot for Denver to give up...I don't know about that. I don't like the Atlanta trade either, it doesn't seem plausible. I like the picks you made though.

Only other part I disagree with is Devito, we aren't going to be able to resign him, he will get a better contract and more money somewhere else. I bet he ends up in NE.

8. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Got a link for that? I can't find anything.

9. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

10. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

http://www.examiner.com/article/rum...n-elway-interested-trading-for-darrelle-revis

11. Jonky

Jonky Banned

I seriously doubt Elway said anything of the sort. Mentioning a player under contract that plays for another team is tampering. You heard all the Cheatriot mongrols growling for league action when Rex said Brady was the best QB in the NFL. Stating your desire for a player under contract elsewhere could cause a suspension, draft picks or both.

12. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Saying something publicly and saying something privately that gets leaked out to the public by a sportswriter are two very different things.

13. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I like your picks though I have doubts about some of them being available at where you have them.

14. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

love the draft except for KeKe Mingo, I want nothing to do with him.

15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

tough for this draft to happen, but you have to like the players you selected. Mingo is questionable, but at the bottom of the first is a good value pick. Hopefully we can draft that guy in your avatar as well!

16. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

I agree with Bridgewater he needs to be this qb

Im not a mingo fan either but at 30 hes worth a shot but these trades make sense i know there is a ton of picks and its hard see but the trades are reasonable if you think about them it all depends on where milliner goes

17. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Mingo has tremendous vale at 30 I agree i dont want him at 9 but if he is there late first early second he is worth it Everyone hated the Coples pick he led the team in sacks and the way coples college career played out is very similar to the way mingos has

18. JackTheFootballGuru

JackTheFootballGuru New Member

If Mingo is there at 30 that is the steal of the century. He really is just what this defense needs, and i'm frustrated with all the hate he recieves. He is disruptive, fast, and athletic. Rex could work wonders with Mingo.

19. JackTheFootballGuru

JackTheFootballGuru New Member

Jones would be my first OLB choice simply because he is better... But Mingo would fit on our defense nicely.

20. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

bullshit. that 1st round pick might as well be a 2nd rounder.

that 2014 better be a 1st round pick too.