John Idzik Introductory Press Conference

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jeti, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

One thing I can guarantee you is that the man will not be a quote machine and he's not going to be baited into inadvertent gaffes.

2. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

dont trade revis

3. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

So refreshing to have a guy like this in the front office

4. Realistic Jets Fan

good job overall

the major difference I heard from Tannenbum is when he said at the end that "ALL DRAFT PICKS ARE PRECIOUS ASSETS"

no more "that's your pick Rex" and that's your pick, Westy" bullsh1t that Tanny announced publicly (along with the hideous trade ups and TWO FRIGGING DRAFT PICKS for stinking Tebow that showed me that Tanny thought draft picks were unimportant penny candy to be handed out as gifts

5. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Custer is being a dbag, lol.

6. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

I sure hope so.
    Even though I think 80% of the "circus" is completely media-created, Rex & Woody provided the other 20%, the seeds that gave mahtas and ciminis something concrete to start speculations from. I hope Idzik will cut off this crap & give them nothing of the sort.

On the other hand, I hated Mangini's tight-lipped bullshit too. Idzik seems to show balance between talking, but not giving easy quotes.

7. Realistic Jets Fan

I listened to it live on nyjets.com

no need to hear what a-holes like Custer, Benigno, Pill Popping Lucas and the media a$$holes have to say about it.

8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Loved that press conference. I am behind John Idzik now. Even if he trades Revis. I want him to build the team he wants to build. Also, hire the head coach he wants next January.

9. Realistic Jets Fan

good job by the TGG community too, btw

so far we've kept all the comments in one thread without a single "hey look at me" duplicative thread

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

paraphrasing
    media: perception out their is that you're a cap guy and not a football guy
    idzik: i don't deal with perception, i deal in reality. you guys are the most well equipped media in the world, go talk to the people I've worked with to explore perceptions. I came into the NFL purely as a scout.

translation: Go fuck yourselves and do your jobs working to research the story instead of slurping up and regurgitating whatever nonsense Cimini wrote as his initial negative reaction to my hiring.

heh

The one thing that worried me a bit - and it's probably just because the mediots didn't ask the right questions was that he never seemed to discuss any long term plans. It was always about this season when he discussed any type of plan or strategy.

11. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

When did Fancesa become a Jets fan...? 'my team'?

12. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Did he mention what his plans for the team was? Or what his vision of the team was? I missed some of the Press Conference,.

13. laxin

laxin Active Member

I dont think he really said much... A lot of "thats a little premature, we are going to have to evaluate what we have first"... That is obviously the truth, being that he just got here and probably the best way to approach the media- basically giving them nothing.

A few major points that I really liked were the focus on the draft, competition at every position and the incite that he really is in fact a "football guy".

He seems like he's very excited and not going to be a face thats always in the media.

14. laxin

laxin Active Member

Not really. I would have liked him to speak of this too. He basically said he has to evaluate what we have and he will form a consensus with everyone in the building on how they are going to form a plan for the team. Pretty vague.

15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I think it's too early for him to talk about that. He doesn't need to talk about the vision of the team to the media, just go about it and do it.

16. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

He actually said that he considers each season as "new beginning".

And yeah, I loved that veiled "go fuck yourselves". Very classy :)

17. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

He was extremely gratuitous to the organization, his family and the press. A very smart tactful. Everyone likes smoke blown up their ass, it feels good.

I think this guy is going to be okay. If he actually knows talent we will be fine.

18. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

good. if he was too pretty I would suspect he was stupid.

19. AlToon

AlToon Member

Idzik knows how to answer questions without answering the questions.

20. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

yeah, but he's not talking to the media. He's talking to the fans. I know he can't discuss their plans in detail, but I was hoping for a little juice on what he looks for in players, what type of team he wants to build. Just a little something. Maybe he'll give us a little insight down the road.