17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

For $50-$75 seats if the UL is a ghost town, it's on the fans not the Jets. That's an extremely fair price for the NJ/NY market for UL seats.

Throw the people who wanted to be dedicated to you for 30 years a bone or face a PR nightmare.

Your choice, Woody.

2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

That Is a fair price if you do not include the product on the field :eek:hmy:
    For those same prices you can got to aYankee game and you know they have a plan that works and that the team is ALWAYS competitive !

Ps Ringling Bros CIRCUS at the garden is cheaper warmer and better
    Just sayin. :up:

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

The correct way to determine an "extremely fair price" is to see what takes place in the open marketplace between buyers and sellers. If prices on StugHub bring over $50-$75 for the UD, that sets an "extremely fair price" for the Jets to charge. If it doesn't, the tickets are overpriced.

Right now the tickets average $1.82. Well, maybe a tad more.

4. JetsSec337Lot13B

You are not a season ticketholder. You are a broker of season tickets. You had tickets for 30 years and you haven't come back since. You have nothing to add to this thread.

How about we all chip in and buy you a cheap Texas hooker? Would that make you happy?

5. JetsSec337Lot13B

For the last 5 rows of the upper deck in the end zones sure but those tickets were selling for $25 for most games. Basically the entire upper deck goes for 50% off the price listed

The people who forked out the PSL money knew what they were getting into. They were told expect a 3-7% price increase each year. Over 3 years it's only been a $5 ticket price increase.

6. JetsSec337Lot13B

Everything in the upper deck should be slashed by 50% but dropping prices by $20 per ticket would be more realistic.

Only thing is now we have John Izdik and Marty Morwinweg they may give us a price increase. Remember when we got Parcells they jumped all prices by $5 a ticket? Well this could be the best next thing since Parcells so be ready. Super Bowl here we come.:breakdance:

7. Section 227. Row 5

Yes, we're certainly off to a typical Jets offseason. We made the front page of the Star-Ledger sports section again yesterday with our spectacular off-season moves, as usual. The article touted Is-Dick as if he were the second coming of Vince Lombardi. This off-season ass-kissing will continue until regular season starts again and we fall on our faces, at which time the newspaper rears its Dr. Jekyl-Mr. Hyde ugliness again and tears us new assholes.

8. baamf

baamf Active Member

Gotta admit, I feel pretty good today. It's kind of pathetic that I enjoy watching Brady/Belichick lose almost as much as I enjoy watching the Jets win. But I'm actually looking forward to the SuperBowl now; don't think I could have handled watching them in there again...

9. Realistic Jets Fan

Good point.

The whole Super Bowl has a much cleaner and less toxic feel to it with Brady Belistink and the Cheaters booted out.and into the dustbin

10. Section 227. Row 5

OH! YOU ARE SOOOO NOT ALONE, DUDE!

Watching Tommy-boy's facial expressions toward the end of the game last night was... well... Priceless.

And the Homeless Man, dressed in his usual grey hooded sweatshirt and looking quite displeased was, well.... it brought tears to my eyes. Too bad Billie, maybe next year. But your QB is getting older too, so maybe your reign is over, Dude.

11. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

You couldn't be more wrong. It's 50% on the Jets, and 50% on the Giants, because they built a truly shitty upper deck. I would not pay even 10 bucks to sit up there the view is so bad. If I'm going to schlep over to the meadowlands and deal with all the bullshit, I'm getting lower mezz seats at WORST. If someone offered me free upper deck tickets I wouldn't even CONSIDER going. What a sad, depressing place it is up there

12. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i actually like my seats in the 7th row on the 30.
    of course i wouldnt mind sitting in the mezz on the 30 but the price doesnt make it worth it.
    with that being said i dont want to pay $105 next year. especially with 2 preseason games mixed in

13. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I hope they don't do a price reduction on my seats so i can negotiate on my terms. Would be harder after a price reduction. I am not paying for pre-season and I want $15 parking, its what newbies get. That's what i am telling the Jets

14. Gator

Gator Active Member

He lied for sure. Promised the fans he would move the team back to NY. When Dolan had Silver and Bruno kill the WSS he never explored Queens...where the Jets belong anyway.

15. Section 227. Row 5

Actually, Woody was looking at the Queens (and there was room there). But then Richard Cody (the then acting governor after Jim McSchkeevie totally melted down) began putting the deal together with the Giants for the "shared" stadium concept.

So we'll never really know how viable or how much consideration was being given to the Queens, because the shared concept had so much promise. There was talk of construction savings for both teams and possibly no PSLs and how good it was going to be for both teams and all the fans, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Then the build the Meadowlands Mausoleum and bury the fans with PSLs anyway... greedy bastards. But both the WSS and a new Queens stadium would have been expensive to build for just the Jets and I'm sure the ticket prices would have been every bit as expensive as they are today... maybe much more for the WSS.

I had no problem with the shared concept, and even maybe the possibility that we would have to come up with something in the way of a PSL, but it's the DESIGN of this monstrosity that erks the hell out of me. TERRIBLE, terrible design. Too pancaked.

I would have liked it if Woody had had the balls to call the Giants bluff and kick us out of the old building as their tenants. They had announced they were building a new stadium themselves, so we should have said, "fine!"

Then what we should have done was turn around and tell Cody, "Don't demolish the old stadium. We want it. We'll renovate it our way, paint the fucker green and lease it from you for the next 20 years."

Let the freaking Giants build their own monstrosity and charge up the ass for their seats and we'd be in a GREAT building with GREAT views at a fraction of the cost. But oh no. Woody didn't have the balls. I'd have a lot more respect for him if had at least tried to do that.

16. Gator

Gator Active Member

Nice essay :).....but it doesn't change the fact that when Woody bought the team in the first press conference he said he was going to bring the team back to NY. So he lied. U have no problem with it because you probably live in Jersey.

17. Section 227. Row 5

I do live in Jersey but that doesn't mean I don't have a problem with Woody lying. I do, but not with the bringing-them-back-to-NY lie.

I have a major problem with the "shared stadium" cost reduction lies and the "possibly no PSLs because of this" lies and the promises of a "better stadium" with "better sightlines" and "easier entrance and exits" and the implied expectations that all of these "improvements" would not be as expensive as the public thinks it will be because "we are sharing the costs with the NYGs."

So everyone had the right to expect that this was indeed a good idea and that these savings would be passed along to the old-time fans and STHers. But they were not. And there probably no cost savings whatsoever because no one... no one... oversaw the out-of-control expenses that went out the door to build this fucking monstrosity.

It's a terrible football stadium. The sightlines are horrific and nowhere near as good as the old stadium. And it's way too big.... built for the ultra-rich Wall Streeter and spread out real good with all the amenities he'd been looking for. Only problem is, the Wall Streeter Woody attracted initially who spent $60,000 and $700 per game to see the product on the field now wants TF out. With all those amenities, he still wants out becasue the product is garbage.

So while he lied to everyone about bringing the NYJs back to NY, his far worse lies were to his loyal STHers. And that continued far into the relocation process and still continues today. So my opinion is, Woody gets all he deserves now. I hope the freaking stadium is 30% occupied. And it's not because the fans ever wanted it this way, it's because Woody lied to the old timers so badly and repeatedly that it has all caught up with him.

18. JetsSec337Lot13B

I don't get everyone's big hard-on for $15 parking. If you paid your invoice on time last year you got half off parking which made it $12.50.

If they do a $20 per ticket price decrease (which still isn't enough but would be realistic for them to do) a $105 ticket is now $85 for $850 for 10 games vs. $105 per ticket and no preseason means $840 per seat.

19. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

bc they built this stadium out of greed.not for the fans not for home field advantage sure greed.the whole process was dishonest and we the long time sth were treated like shit.the whole park at the izod unless u buy a psl. the whole front row of the upper prime sold out by day 3.should i continue????
    the stadium sucks for watching football.
    now its our turn to play games with the organization.

20. JetsSec337Lot13B

I agree but to say $15 parking when you can have it for $12.50 you're paying $2.50 more. I'm sure they will have the same thing or something even cheaper this year. With PSLs going for under $1k in some instances it's tough to justify staying upstairs.

Either way if you like your seats (I like mine) I'd much rather have ticket prices dropped on me by $20 a ticket rather than having to call the ticket office and play a game of chicken again this year. I can give a list of 20 things I'd rather do than deal with them.

#16580 JetsSec337Lot13B, Jan 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2013