Poll: what kind of stats does Sanchize have to put up to remain a Jet after next seas

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tbruner12, Jan 7, 2013.

1. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

Nacho hasn't shown he can do the physical tasks, his stats prove it, his play proves it, and it must be so considering all the people who agree that he sucks. I will say this much, he will probably be our Qb next season. I will watch him just like I have done for 4 seasons because I love the team.... God knows why.
    We are pretty much stuck with him. I will be the first nacho hater to say I was wrong if he turns it around, I'll eat crow no problem! But if he doesn't, which nacho lover will be the first to say all the haters are right? Junc, Hobbes, murrell, Ortega and who else? Can't wait till the draft, camp, preseason, and regular season.

2. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

haha, to be honest, I have a hard time not feeling like this about anyone who is still persistently defending Sanchez at this point. It's just hard to imagine, understand, or comprehend how any sincere Jets fans could have actually watched him over the past 4 years and honestly think he's good. I just don't get it.

3. slimjasi

[​IMG]

4. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

http://forums.theganggreen.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2707473

5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

A team MUST have an elite QB to even have a chance in this pass happy NFL, ESPECIALLY in the playoff.....

Breese, most passing yards in NFL history: Eliminated in first playoff game
    Manning, considered among the best QBs in NFL history: Eliminated in first playoff game.
    Rogers, NFL MVP; Eliminated in first playoff game.
    Brady, the very definition of an elite QB; Eliminated in first playoff game.
    Kapernick, rookie QB with 9 total NFL games; in the Super Bowl

Don't know what this means other than having any of the top 4 elite QBs means watching some other team in the big game.

6. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I feel junc provides just as rational an argument as the Sanchez haters on this board. In fact, I feel many are arguing against a position I don't even believe junc holds (i.e., Sanchez is a great or "franchise" QB) based on what I've read.

It's apparent to me that there is a consensus that Sanchez "at this moment" is terrible. The only debates that really matter IMO are whether or not he is salvageable and/or should he be given the opportunity to salvage his career in a Jets uniform. I think a fair argument can be made either way.

7. slimjasi

1) We'll just have to agree to disagree on the bolded.

2) By any objective standard, Sanchez's game in and game out performance as a New York Jets quarterback has been well below average by modern NFL standards . . . Junc has repeatedly disputed this verity. (even going so far as to claim that he was a top ten quarterback in 2010 - an opinion I find utterly preposterous and completely at odds with statistics and reality)

3) I agree that there is a debate to be had as to whether or not Sanchez is salvageable in a Jets uniform. Personally, I think Sanchez may be salvageable, but I sincerely doubt it can happen in a Jets uniform. I think the best thing for BOTH Sanchez and the Jets, is for him to go somewhere else, sit for a season or two, and hopefully, get another chance down the road with another organization and under less pressure/scrutiny. Overall, this is really the most positive spin I can put on Sanchez's career. He has just never impressed me or inspired confidence in me. He's always been a terribly inaccurate, mistake-prone passer, and I sincerely doubt he'll ever develop into a franchise quarterback.

#587 slimjasi, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  8. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

But these things happen to all QB's. Hence, in the overall they are not different. Well unless you want to say that your QB has an inordinate number of "accurrate" passes deflected, in which case you have to look at the QB's decision making process as well.

you can go down a litaney of excuses for why a QB has a low completion percentage, but the reality is they all play against the same basic talent during the course of a season. and there will be year to year flexuations in the completion % on any QB. But over the years the variance becomes clear as the numbers normalize through sample size.

But you are correct in that completion percentage does not fully explain the picture, when you have a QB with a low average per attempt it means they're hitting mostly dink and dunk passes and getting very little YAC. You can play a dink and dunk and have a high YAC if you consistantly place the ball where the receiver has a chance to make a play after the catch. However, your YAC will go down if you are constantly throwing behind the receiver, or making them leap or dive to make acrobatic catches that kill YAC.

Additionally if a QB consistantly has a high interception ratio that also reflects a lack of accuracy and judgment.

If you have a QB that's been in the league 4 or more years and they're ranked in the bottom over their career in all categories when ranked against other active QB's the excuses have to fall away in to the overall evidence.

Brady is not a good QB because he has a strong arm, he doesn't. He's a good QB because he's accurate with his throws and leave the recievers a chance to make plays after the catch. It's part of why a crap receiver can go to New England and suddenly look like an allstar. A good QB makes his recievers better.

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

the worst thing that could happen to the jets is that he plays decently. it just prolongs what should have been done half way through last year. it keeps the idiots that are running the team running the cheeseman out there to play poorly. either terribly poorly like this past year or just poorly like he has for the rest of his 4 year career. he was coddled and babied and put in a position not to lose and he still managed to lose. and then they asked more of him and he shit himself right in the middle of the stadium.

10. feldspar

feldspar Member

Guys that would rather not have Sanchez throwing the ball.

There is your answer.

11. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Yes, I expected he'd be much bettre by this stage but again it's hard to succeed w/ the healthy talent he had to work with this year.

My credibility is as stabile as ti has always been w/ those that know the game. I can't worry about average fans that do nothing but evaluate bases strictly on stats w/o context. That doesn' bother me if those folks attack me.

I have said over and over and over again how bad he was this year, if people actually read my posts they'd understand but everyone has their own perceptions of what I post rather than actually reading and absorbing what I post.

The facts are he was a damn good QB 2 years ago, only 2 QBs have more playoff wins since he entered the league. It's not easy to win in january, we have a guy we know we can win with when surrounded w/ the right talent. It's the new GMs job to do that.

I also understand mentally he may be shot here, he may need a change of scenery as we have ruined him but I'm not just giving up b/c nitwit average fans who don't understand this game want him gone. same thing w/ Rex. Isn't it amazing how most of the board wants Rex and sanchez gone- how in the world can you win 4 road playoff games w/ a bad HC and bad QB?

We would take a huge cap hit if we let him go, what makes the most sense is trying to rehab him this year. bring in legit competition and give him a chance to earn his job back. Alex Smith looked lost after playing many more years in the league w/ no success, harbaugh comes in and in 1 year he helps them reach the title game. Let's see what our new OC & QB coach can do.

Like I thought, you have nothing.

another asinine claim you can't back up. here's one quick search on youtube and 2 seconds later highlights from mark's first 2 years show many more than 5 passes in stride over 15 yds.

[YOUTUBE]8LL8FHwqDTs[/YOUTUBE]

I can't wait for the next excuse.

Oh boy, now someone is claiming Ray Rice is as good as he is b/c of Joe Flacco? I guess Thomas Jones was as great as he was in 2009 b/c of Sanchez then. when will this insanity end? we have so much more access to info than ever before and fans are just as dumb as ever.

#591 nyjunc, Jan 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  12. slimjasi

Uhm, not really. He was mediocre at best. Also, your self-proclamation as a particularly knowledgeable observer who understands things that "average" fans don't is both arrogant and especially comical considering that you are a delusional Sanchez Stan.

13. slimjasi

Mark Sanchez was a student at USC in 2008. You tell us junc, when will the insanity end?

14. nyjunc

I'm sorry I meant 2009 obviously. You finally get a chance to say I was wrong about something!

15. slimjasi

Riiiiiiiiiiiight

16. nyjunc

My mistake again, you constantly say it but now you were able to prove it. of course it is a meaningless point but you have to start somewhere!

17. slimjasi

Every written dialogue with you is irrefutable proof that people will believe whatever they want to believe, irrespective of reason or reality. The human mind is a magnificent thing.

18. nyjunc

just keep following the stat sheet, that's the easy way to do things- usually the wrong way but the easy way.

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Is this from the person who loves to throw out stat after stat to prove his insane argument that Namath sucked, Favre sucked and the only good QB to ever play the game was Brady?

20. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Junc, if they followed the stat sheet, we wouldn't be talking about Matt Moore, or Matt Flynn, or Tar aris Jackson.

It's interesting to note when you point out the lack of production of the former....the only answer you get is...they're not Sanchez....