Tebow's fans will be his end

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by LeonNYJ, Jan 11, 2013.

1. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

If you are a cowboys fan I missed that... sorry. You really need to not be so sanctimonious about me bringing shame since you are the one calling people idiots . That is shameful and you should hold yourself to a higher standard and how exactly am I bringing shame to cowboys fans? I can like player all that I want. Who is the one acting shameful? Your berating me because I like Tebow? Shameful.

I don't care about debating Tebow anymore to be honest, that ship sailed and hes probably not playing in 2013 so what is the point exactly but I have to laugh at your idea that 16 games , really is not 16 games. The team that played him in the 10th game (as an example ) had 9 other game films to examine, I do not agree with your premise.

Maybe you and I should discuss Monte Kiffin instead of Tebow.

#61 CowboysFan, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  2. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

nice avatar and sig, Cowboys fan....

I do find it ironic how many Tebow fanatics came out of the woodwork to pile on the Broncos.

Fucking hilarious!!! They act like they just won the Superbowl or something.

Meanwhile, the object of their affection is sitting at home, wondering where in the NFL... IF even the NFL, he will end up. read a report that the owner of the Montreal Aoulettes (who owns the negotiation rights) aren't all that impressed with him either and will likely trade the rights if he comes to the CFL. So there's one team already looking to avoid him.

Broncos still have a promising season coming up with yet more improvments to be made this offseason where we CLEARLY had weaknesses.

...and Tebow?

He might have started his last game in the NFL. So enjoy the Euphoria tebow fans!!! Your boy might not even HAVE a future in the NFL. Look on the bright side, his future reality show should be a big hit.

3. Concerned_Citizen

Here is a pro-Tebow journalist suggesting exactly what this topic is suggesting. Seems the league is sick of all the Tebow talk and all the Tebow fans making a lot of noise over a player that quite frankly isn't that good.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/...r-even-very-good-but-deserved-better-from-nfl

Tebow not great or even very good, but deserved better from NFL

Partial article:

Tim Tebow deserves better than this. He deserves better from the NFL, and he deserves better from you. But worry not -- this is no attempt to convince anyone that you're wrong, because years of experience have shown me that people like you, on stories like this, don't change your mind even when you are dead wrong. And hell, maybe you're not wrong. Maybe I'm dead wrong, me and the zealots who have fallen in love with Tebow over the past few years. Maybe we're the problem here.

Actually, I know we are.

Tebow is being run out of the league because the league is sick of us. See, what's happening to Tim Tebow is happening because of people like me, people who love writing about Tebow and talking about Tebow and obsessing over Tebow. That's a lot of noise surrounding a player who isn't a great NFL player. He was a great college player, no question. Maybe the greatest of all time.

4. JFjets

JFjets New Member

Well, I always suspected you were a few bricks short of a full load, but now you have completely jumped the shark. Doyel isn't remotely a "pro-Tebow" journalist. Good grief, man, you obviously haven't read all (or even any, apparently) the articles he's written about Tebow since near draft time in 2010.

Better do a little more research next time. The whole article you linked above is nothing but damning with faint praise. I will give him props for one thing, though, he got one thing partly right, and that is owning up to the Tebow frenzy being a result of the media. All Tebow's fans have ever wanted is for him to get a chance any other QB with his accomplishments (and many, many, many without his accomplishments) would have and has gotten in the NFL. The media are the ones who wrote his NFL obituary (including Doyel) before he ever was even drafted.

SMH. :lol:

5. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I can accept what you said and salute you because, on a real tough day ..... you showed up to post it .

#65 CowboysFan, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  6. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

If one says its only because of "his fans" then it is simply not true.

YES it is his fans as well as his "detractors"

its both. Its very unusual and its done.

well written article. (first one) but way little credit for a playoff win......and we all know (me included) how hard they are to come by

#66 CowboysFan, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  7. Concerned_Citizen

ummmm.... okay... did you actually READ the article?

He flat out said tebow won him over last year.He flat out SAID he was pro-Tebow....

Idiot.

8. JFjets

JFjets New Member

Yep. Every word.

When running for the Republican nomination for President, Mitt Romney SAID he was a "severe" Conservative. No one actually believed him, though, because of the mountain of evidence to the contrary.

Same is true with Doyel....for anyone who has paid attention.

9. NY Dork

NY Dork New Member

Only Tim Tebow can stop this train now. His fans have nothing to do with it. Every head coach out there wants a Qb who is a leader and can win games. When this guy FAILS to do that..........he'll be done. Has nothing to do with his fans. Matters not if he sits the bench another yet with the Jets. Until he proves he CAN"T win.......head coaches will want to see if he's what they need. All the stories on ESPN, Yahoo, PFT, ect, don't make a differance. Only the opinions of GM's and coaches mean a shit.

10. Bpk

Bpk New Member

Except this backup won a National Championship, then came off the bench as an NFL backup to start and win six games for a losing team, carrying them to the playoffs plus a playoff victory...

But he shouldn't be crossing anyone's mind more than, say, Drew Stanton.

Come on.

This guy has lead teams to victory at all levels. That's why he is treated this way. Heck, even Peyton Manning lost with the Broncos in the playoffs. Lol.

The kid wins. Sure it's ugly, but who cares. That's why people clamor for him.

11. Bpk

Bpk New Member

I agree that once Tebow gets to start somewhere and loses and loses and loses... The magic and the mania will dissipate.

12. Realistic Jets Fan

Tebow sucks

So does his revering cult

Get them both outta here

13. TTTTebowAndTheJets

[​IMG]

14. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Soon!

15. Realistic Jets Fan

can't be soon enough

16. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

I wish it was today........!

Burn Tebowmania Forum, BUURRNNNNNNNNN!!!!

No pro team, fan-site - especially this one rite here! - should EVER have 1 of it's forums named after & dedicated to any one player who has not attained any level of consistent success, won a championship(s), appeared in Hawaii, or even hold several major records at his position!

#76 Fightin'JetTitan, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  17. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

^Although that is true, it had to be done...The Tebots would have ruining the main forum.

18. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

This.

Had Tebow made an actual impact on the team, there would have been a decision about what to do with this forum, since he would have been making a direct impact on the New York Jets.

However, that didn't happen, so there was no reason to merge. The forum was made because of the surge of fans who are here simply for Tim Tebow and want to talk about him, so we provided that spot. I think this forum served its purpose very well.

19. TheJetChase

TheJetChase Member

That was a dumb post considering Tebow has the ball on almost every offensive snap when he is playing and Randy Moss has/had to get more open than the 2-3 other receivers on the field for the quarterback to throw to him.

20. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

Much as I h@te to admit this, unfortunately you are correct! Tebot-niks would have inundated the various forums here with their convoluted "stats", his 1 play-off victory & "wet-tee-shirt" rain-romps! A total suckin'-up/@ss-kissin' forum designed solely for his fanatical followers!

I LUV'D B'way Joe! He was 1 of my HERO'S & IDOL growin' up in the 'hood!
    He WON a SB! He was NAMED MVP! Where's his forum?
    Wesley Walker, Rich Castor & Don Maynard were a stalwart rec'ing corp. Where's THIER forums?
    Mark Gastineau...the 2nd most controversial Jet (behind Namath) - an outstanding member of the NY Sack Exchange, convict & star of var "reality" shows...where's his forum?
    Where's the "Rich Kotite" forum? He who epitomizes abject FAILURE!
    How 'bout a "Dennis Byrd/Wayne Chrebet-Most Inspirational Jet" forum? A Keyshawn Jhnsn/San-T Holmes Most Selfish Jet" forum? A "Celebration of Jewish Jet Contributers/Sid Abramowitz" forum? "Hispanic NY Jet/Louis Aguiar/Raul Allegre" forum? On, and on & on & on...!

I'm just as guilty of being a "participant" of this "train-wreck" of a forum. Like "rubber-necking" a car accident on a hi-way, we non-Tebotch members should have avoided this forum & let the Tebotniks have their "way & say" for NOTHING would have have changed their kollective, kool-@id drinkin' konsciousness from changing their mind-set!

I'm just sayin'..........!

Good luck & God Bless to Tim Tebow and his cult following.

This WILL be my LAST POST in this UTTERLY USELESS FORUM/DISCUSSION!

Peace 2-Fingaz' !